2018 OOS Game List By State (New)

ECHS05

On 2/24/2018 at 1:45 PM, Columbiafan said:

Same with lowndes and Brentwood academy and other schools I'm guessing? 

Brentwood Academy? They’ve never shied away from stiff competition. You might want to recheck their history. Yeah, they scheduled ISB last year, but you have to consider their overall schedules throughout the history of their program. 

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They have shied away from playing top FL teams 

One thing you have to take into account is the majority of the best teams in Florida are in the South. Which is far as hell away from everywhere else. 

Brentwood Academy is a nationally ranked power and only a handful of teams from FL would have fared well the last few years.

So you would have had to have the SFL powers not only have the same open Week as BA, but be willing to go with the travel stipend BA provides. It may be a good amount but not enough to get the only teams who can compete to come up. 

There are plenty of teams from GA and surrounding states that can play them. Hell Ohio isn't too far away. 

ISB and UC were schedule fillers because they have a tough schedule to begin with and probably couldn't find anyone of note to agree to come for only a 1 year deal

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

One thing you have to take into account is the majority of the best teams in Florida are in the South. Which is far as hell away from everywhere else. 

Brentwood Academy is a nationally ranked power and only a handful of teams from FL would have fared well the last few years.

So you would have had to have the SFL powers not only have the same open Week as BA, but be willing to go with the travel stipend BA provides. It may be a good amount but not enough to get the only teams who can compete to come up. 

There are plenty of teams from GA and surrounding states that can play them. Hell Ohio isn't too far away. 

ISB and UC were schedule fillers because they have a tough schedule to begin with and probably couldn't find anyone of note to agree to come for only a 1 year deal

Well Brentwood academy could play img

Img wouldn't need a travel stipend and they control their schedule 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hell look at Bishop Gorman. They try and get the best but even they scheduled a slappy Servite team a few times.

Cant play the Mater Dei and SJB's of the world every week. Too tough to line everything up. Sometime you need a garbage breather like Servite to get the backups some playing time 😂

Well i doubt most teams in Nevada want to play Gorman so they usually have to play top teams oos because most of their state knows they would get crushed 

19 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They have shied away from playing top FL teams 

They usually schedule the Cincinnati or Louisville area teams, as do MBA and Ensworth from their league. I think the only team from that league that ventured down to FL was when MBA played Bolles a while back. If I remember correctly, they split with them. 

I would love to see BA take a crack at IMG. I don’t think BA would win, but I would hope they could keep the score differential respectable. 

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Not to my knowledge, but that doesn't mean they haven't. 

Last I spoke to the BA coach I sent him the info to West Point,MS for his only open week. 

Maybe Columbia can get out of a game and go up. It's Sept 7th

If i had any control over the schedule I would

I tried purposing they reach out to a Tennessee school 2 years ago but impression I got was unless they pay our complete travel expenses they would have no interest in playing a Tennessee team 

Just now, Omaha Vol said:

They usually schedule the Cincinnati or Louisville area teams, as do MBA and Ensworth from their league. I think the only team from that league that ventured down to FL was when MBA played Bolles a while back. If I remember correctly, they split with them. 

I would love to see BA take a crack at IMG. I don’t think BA would win, but I would hope they could keep the score differential respectable. 

I remember that 

Honestly I would love to see Jax Trinity Christian vs Brentwood Academy 

They are so similar in how they dominate primary small privates but both are usually loaded talent wise 

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Not to my knowledge, but that doesn't mean they haven't. 

Last I spoke to the BA coach I sent him the info to West Point,MS for his only open week. 

Maybe Columbia can get out of a game and go up. It's Sept 7th

That would be ironic considering those 2 faced off in the national tournament I was running last round 

12 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

If you all would leave jv and freshman team in moultrie they might pay for your hotel and flight costs 😂, they did it for armwood who had a roster over 70 at the time 

How I know that? 

Hillsbourgh county is centrally funded and as a result they only allow scheduling for in county teams unless a oos team were to pay the entire travel bill or the school wants to somehow have boosters pay for it 

I think you missed the part where I said negotiations stopped after BG said no to traveling.

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Quail hunt with 67Packer!

There are decent learning opportunities for teams looking to visit southwest Georgia, but, the best of those are around 2 hours away from Moultrie. 

I guess it depends on what a person is looking for when they ask a question like that. 

The Flint Riverquarium and aviary is about an hour away. There is a zoo themed amusement park about the same distance away in the opposite direction. 

Andersonville National Cemetary and the National P.O.W. museum is roughly 2 hours away, and there is also The Little Drummer Boy museum which gives a little bit of a contrasting type history to the "official" version to the National Site is across the street. 

The Georgia Agirama is about 1 hour away. Has a working 1800's era farm and community. Another decent history lesson type opportunity.

Jimmy Carter National historic site is roughly 2 hours away. Another decent history lesson type of attraction. 

Kolomoki Mounds is about 2 hours. Native American museum and archaeological dig that is preserved inside a building with tours and videos, artifact museum etc. One can get some history that is contrary to many history lessons from books there. 

So, plenty of opportunities, just most are around 2 hours away. If a team wanted to bus in, play a game and then use the next day for history lessons, there is ample opportunity for that.

• Like 1