2018 OOS Game List By State (New)

ECHS05

57 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There are decent learning opportunities for teams looking to visit southwest Georgia, but, the best of those are around 2 hours away from Moultrie. 

I guess it depends on what a person is looking for when they ask a question like that. 

The Flint Riverquarium and aviary is about an hour away. There is a zoo themed amusement park about the same distance away in the opposite direction. 

Andersonville National Cemetary and the National P.O.W. museum is roughly 2 hours away, and there is also The Little Drummer Boy museum which gives a little bit of a contrasting type history to the "official" version to the National Site is across the street. 

The Georgia Agirama is about 1 hour away. Has a working 1800's era farm and community. Another decent history lesson type opportunity.

Jimmy Carter National historic site is roughly 2 hours away. Another decent history lesson type of attraction. 

Kolomoki Mounds is about 2 hours. Native American museum and archaeological dig that is preserved inside a building with tours and videos, artifact museum etc. One can get some history that is contrary to many history lessons from books there. 

So, plenty of opportunities, just most are around 2 hours away. If a team wanted to bus in, play a game and then use the next day for history lessons, there is ample opportunity for that.

The Kolomoki mounds are great but that place gives me some unnatural chills... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The Kolomoki mounds are great but that place gives me some unnatural chills... 

It's definitely different being inside someone's disturbed tomb. 

Anyway, travel time to attractions like that probably isn't vastly different than travel times from Atlanta schools to some attractions depending on traffic of course. 

Distances are definitely greater, but traffic being lesser improves the time on the road greatly.

• Like 1

Gotta admit, Im a little nervous about Grayson vs BC...

If Grayson still had Jeff Herron, or Bufords HC John Ford... Id feel better.

But Christian Hunnicutt makes me nervous... Hes SO inexperienced as a HC.

And now Grayson has lost their DC... Hmmm..

Anyone know who theyve got now as DC?

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

I wouldn't even trust john ford in a big game like this. He has came up short quite a few times in big time games.......especially against south pointe. That fool made no defensive adjustments, and that's part of the reason why they lost. 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

@ECHS05

Appears Bartram Trail will host Brunswick from GA 

Idk if Bartram Trail meets criteria or not but I'll leave that up to you 

Brunswick is at the least... Respectable. Not a great team by any stretch.

To be honest Ive got no idea who Brunswick returns or how good they are expected to be in 2018.

It should make for an interesting game. Bartram Trail of 2017 would beat Brunswick... But Im guessing BTrail wont be as good as last year.

It meets criteria for the list IMO.

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Remember though, BC is breaking in a new HC and probably a new staff. You don't know what Vito is going to bring. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Brunswick is at the least... Respectable. Not a great team by any stretch.

To be honest Ive got no idea who Brunswick returns or how good they are expected to be in 2018.

It should make for an interesting game. Bartram Trail of 2017 would beat Brunswick... But Im guessing BTrail wont be as good as last year.

Bartram will probably be nowhere close to what they were last year 

They had a lot of impact seniors if i understand their roster correctly and lose both qbs 

Best comparison I can think of would be comparing Columbia 2015 to Columbia 2016 drop but add in losing both qbs and you see what likely will be bartram next year, solid and make playoffs but not likely to go deep

They will likely start in state top 25 but probably finish around 50-75 range 

Where do you think Brunswick ranks in GA going into next year? 

45 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Bartram will probably be nowhere close to what they were last year 

They had a lot of impact seniors if i understand their roster correctly and lose both qbs 

Best comparison I can think of would be comparing Columbia 2015 to Columbia 2016 drop but add in losing both qbs and you see what likely will be bartram next year, solid and make playoffs but not likely to go deep

They will likely start in state top 25 but probably finish around 50-75 range 

Where do you think Brunswick ranks in GA going into next year? 

In the 35-65 range I suppose? Pretty vague I know, but Im not sure what they bring back.

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/sports/grayson-football-hires-nash-promotes-sanks/article_5ee08584-15c8-59d5-a297-0a3239decc51.html

O lawd... The OLB/Asst Head Coach  has taken over  Strength & Conditioning also.... As the old one is heading to Walton...

Graysons old DC is heading to Collins Hill...

Jason Nash, who was Colquitts Co-Defensive Coordinator last season, was hired as Graysons new DC.

Central (Phenix City) AL will play Mays GA on Aug 24th at Lakewood Stadium in Atlanta, then they play Meridian MS a week later on the 31st.

Mays is pretty good actually... CP had them 35th in GA in '17... 15th in '16... 27th in '15.... 12th in '14...  Theyve been in that 15-35 range up and down the last 4-5 years.

Meridian is a solid MS team. Should both be good contests for Central.