2018 OOS Game List By State (New)

ECHS05

1 minute ago, hardhit1 said:

It's the program/ HC/ school district priority to schedule as they see the need 

That doesn't really answer my question 

Yeah it's up to the schools individually to decide but what Im asking is how does the 2 schools i mention able to travel but the other 2 i mention not able to

They from outside looking in appear to be similar in setup 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

in state or out of state?

Either

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah it's up to the schools individually to decide but what Im asking is how does the 2 schools i mention able to travel but the other 2 i mention not able to

Either

Come on , really?

the others don't need to or don't want to

most HC / states can give s F about OOS games and MNC like the 100 dudes on this site

we are a rare breed but a fine brand !😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Either

When it comes to in state non region games, it depends. Usually a home and home contract is constructed.

For oos games, you already know we're gonna bring the other teams to us.....because of that $$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So far PGL has been able to convince CG, JC and Marietta to travel OOS in 2018. However, the majority will always prefer hosting for the aforementioned reasons. 

Glad youve taken so much interest in GA.

I believe you use to rag on us like a lot of the other Northeast guys. But since youve been working more closely with GA teams, you seem more understanding and the like.

Its great seeing teams like Buford, Grayson, Marietta, Cedar Grove, Lee Co., GAC,  etc play OOS. And Archer.... North Gwinnett and Milton are likely playing OOS this year also.

If you could get McEachern, Walton, Blessed Trinity, and a couple more OOS in 2018... Itd be a perfect year.

Work on McEachern... Work that damn Ohio-an HC. I want to see them play OOS. They are a good team and would be a quality opponent for anyone OOS. They have great facilities and usually good talent. Theyve been good for a while now but cant get over that Quarterfinal/Semifinal hump... They always stub their toe in 1 of those 2 rounds. BUT I expect them to challenge for the next few years

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Glad youve taken so much interest in GA.

I believe you use to rag on us like a lot of the other Northeast guys. But since youve been working more closely with GA teams, you seem more understanding and the like.

Its great seeing Buford, Grayson, Marietta, etc play OOS.

Work on McEachern... Work that damn Ohio-an HC. I want to see them play OOS. They are a good team and would be a quality opponent for anyone OOS.

Very underrated team who showed how good they were in the playoffs 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Very underrated team who showed how good they were in the playoffs 

Whether you want it or not... Here comes some stuff on McEachern...

Theyve been good for years.... They always fall just short in the Quarters or Semis though. Theyve made it to the Semis 3 of the last 5 years. 

Kyle Hockman took over in 2008 and really started turning them around.. His 1st season saw them go 5-5 .. But after that, since 2009 theyve won atleast 10 games every year but 2012. Since 2009 they are 90-23.

They lost a lot of talent from a very good 2016 team... But bring back 6 on O from the 2017 team.. Including their rising Sophomore QB Carlos Del-Rio Wilson, RB Paris Brown, & WR Javon Baker... On D they only bring back 3... But McEachern is always strong on D so they'll be fine.

2017: (10-4) ... Ranked #12 in GA (CP) by seasons end... They had a bit of a slow start to the regular season... Losing a TON of talent from the 2016 season... But they found a very good Freshman QB with lots of potential... He led them to that upset of Lowndes in the 2nd round scoring 3 TDs in the 4th to rally from a 31-14 deficit to a 36-31 win. They lost their 1st 2 to Mill Creek and Grayson, won 7 in a row, and lost their regular season finale to a surging Hillgrove team 14-7. They pulled off 3 playoff wins before falling to North Gwinnett 38-17 in the Semis.

2016: (11-2) ... Finished #8 in GA for the 3rd time in a row (CP) at seasons end, but they were really #4..  This was probably their best team in a while... They just had the bad luck of having their best team when there were 3 other elite teams in GA 7A besides them in Grayson, Roswell, and Mill Creek. Grayson would beat McEachern 16-13 in the 2nd game of the season... And Mill Creek beat McEachern 31-28 in the Quarterfinals. This was an excellent team though.

2015: (10-2) ... Finished #8 in GA (CP) at seasons end... Again a great team... Just came up short in the playoffs, losing to Archer 24-21 in a GREAT GAME... 

2014: (10-4).... Finished #8 in GA (CP) at seasons end... This was the year they shredded Tucker in the Quarterfinals... Putting up 62 points, more than Tuckers given up probably ever. But then they got killed 57-20 in the Semis by Colquitts 1st of 2 straight State Championship teams... Colquitt looked unbeatable in '14 and '15.

2013: (11-3) ... Finished #13 in GA (CP) at seasons end... This is when McEachern really started to show up on the scene... Theyd lose to North Gwinnett 27-21 in the Semis...

Dr. Phillips FL @ Lee Co. GA ... The defending FL 8A Champs vs the defending GA 6A champs... Is August 25th, said its scheduled for 11am and will probably be nationally televised. Dr. Phillips dropped Orange City University from its schedule for this game.

Quite the underrated game honestly. 2 defending state champs from GA and FL squaring off... Although the article says they both lose quite a few contributors...

Heres a link to an article in the Orlando Sentinel... https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/os-hs-sp-dr-phillips-georgia-0113-story,amp.html

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I see Woodson plays Martinsburg WV the week before Eds... Martinsburg is usually the best team in WV. Be an interesting chain to see where WVs best team stacks up.

Yes , hard to gage that state

Woodson had 5-6 D1 guys last year

went to the Eds/Woodson game and Woodson was really good 

not sure what they bring back

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

AHP bused it 6.5 hrs each way to Moultrie. That was a much easier trip compared to what BG would've had to undertake. Another example of how much easier it is for teams from bordering states to visit the SOWEGA region for these games. 

Yeah, it would have been difficult for their private jet to fly into Moultrie airport apparently. Lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I understand logistics but i don't understand how ones similar can do it but others can't 

What is different between colquitt and lowndes vs valdosta and Camden County 

All have good fan bases who fill stadium 

All seemingly invest a lot into football program 

However 2 will travel pretty often while 2 others rarley travel

Name the last time either of those teams have made the trips you're patting them on the back for...

After you list those, then tell us how many of those trips were nationally televised games with a third party helping to foot the bill.

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Name the last time either of those teams have made the trips you're patting them on the back for...

After you list those, then tell us how many of those trips were nationally televised games with a third party helping to foot the bill.

Thanks in advance!

Camden County vs Venice and Oakleaf for starters

They also had same deal with Columbia but hurricane ruined it 

Those games 2016 and 2017 season

I'll check on valdosta but ik they used to do home and home with us in the 90s when both teams were state contenders 

None were nationally televised 

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Yeah, it would have been difficult for their private jet to fly into Moultrie airport apparently. Lol

If you all would leave jv and freshman team in moultrie they might pay for your hotel and flight costs 😂, they did it for armwood who had a roster over 70 at the time 

How I know that? 

Hillsbourgh county is centrally funded and as a result they only allow scheduling for in county teams unless a oos team were to pay the entire travel bill or the school wants to somehow have boosters pay for it 

Only had to go back to 08 to get this list 

Camden County 

@Hoover  (AL) 

@St Thomas Aquinas  (FL) 

@Glenville (OH) 

@Venice (FL) 

@Oakleaf  (FL) 

*@Columbia * 

*(yes ik the game fell through because of a hurricane but seriously, Camden County signs up for 3 games traveling to sunshine State in a single year)*

@Camcat88 how is it that Camden County can travel so much easier than other schools in south GA? 

Do they just have more resources at their disposal or a smaller roster or some other reason? 

Edited by Columbiafan

On 2/18/2018 at 3:26 PM, ECHS05 said:

Tennessee:

Christian Brothers (Memphis) TN @ Bob Jones AL (8/24)

West Forsyth GA @ McCallie TN (9/21)

St. Paul's LA vs. Christian Brothers TN

Blackman, TN vs Florence, AL

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/02/22/blackman-football-drops-rhea-county-picks-up-alabama-school-2018-schedule/365863002/

Blackman is a Top 10 TN team..

Florence has really struggled the last 3 years.

2017:5-8

2016: 3-8

2015: 4-8

Advantage: Blackman