WOW, I'm SPEECHLESS about FLAAAAWDA prep football salaries!

ORabidOne

I'm curious about this.

We all know that FL is full of HSFB talent, but I tried to watch a game last year between MC and someone else, and I had to turn it off, because it was so sloppily played that it was unwatchable. It was like false start, holding, delay of game, false start, false start, delay of game, holding...

And I was wondering whether the socioeconomic situation down there means that a lot of talent rich schools have to get by with mediocre coaching staffs.

Or maybe I'm way off. And maybe I just caught a really sloppy game by chance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm curious about this.

We all know that FL is full of HSFB talent, but I tried to watch a game last year between MC and someone else, and I had to turn it off, because it was so sloppily played that it was unwatchable. It was like false start, holding, delay of game, false start, false start, delay of game, holding...

And I was wondering whether the socioeconomic situation down there means that a lot of talent rich schools have to get by with mediocre coaching staffs.

FLAAAAWDA wins merely on TALENT, PURE and SIMPLE! And if they don't utilize creative playa acquisitions, they REALLY SUCK! THAT, plus FLAAAAWDA high schools mostly draw FEW fans! The only teams in the Sunburn State who draw a good crowd are UF, UCF, and FSU!

6 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

It varies by location (both by region and within regions) and by school. Some of the talent rich schools get by with mediocre staffs. Some actually have decent to very good staffs. Many of the schools have mediocre facilities. In Dade County, most of the public schools don't have their own stadium. And, many of the kids have after school commitments that make it difficult to get in meaningful practices. 

Regarding Rab's comments about fan base, it is a pure generalization. Yes, Georgia on average, draws much better. However, there are many public schools with very large fan bases. These range from inner city schools such as Miami Northwestern to community schools such as Glades Central, Columbia, Manatee, Apopka, Cocoa and Vero Beach to suburban schools such as Viera and Lake Brantley. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm curious about this.

It's my understanding that teams from da HOOD like Booker T. and Central, rely upon pro athletes to lend a hand with extra curricular training! LOOK, WHAT decent coach in his right mind is going to coach in the hood and make peanuts? HELL, they practice under a FUCKING BRIDGE overpass! IF a coach is all that and a bag a chips, he's coaching at da U or USF!

16 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm curious about this.

IMO - You just caught a really sloppy game or maybe MC was playing someone that just wasn't any good.

Going back to when MNW played SLC --- TX coaches that seen the film of that game while scouting for SLC told me that MNW was very sound in what they was doing.  It was not just athletes.

MC didn't just beat Bishop Gorman with better athletes - The coaches had good game plan and the kids executed.

The same can be said about BTW in wins over teams like Cedar Hill and Bishop Gorman.

At the end of the day every state has groups of teams that play some sloppy football.  

Just don't go around believing that teams from Florida like MC, BTW, MNW don't have some good coaches -  They do!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

It varies by location (both by region and within regions) and by school. Some of the talent rich schools get by with mediocre staffs. Some actually have decent to very good staffs. Many of the schools have mediocre facilities. In Dade County, most of the public schools don't have their own stadium. And, many of the kids have after school commitments that make it difficult to get in meaningful practices. 

Regarding Rab's comments about fan base, it is a pure generalization. Yes, Georgia on average, draws much better. However, there are many public schools with very large fan bases. These range from inner city schools such as Miami Northwestern to community schools such as Glades Central, Columbia, Manatee, Apopka, Cocoa and Vero Beach to suburban schools such as Viera and Lake Brantley. 

How many have a 1000 people in their BOOSTER CLUB.................................like VALDOSTA? Did you know that DEATH VALLEY has a three level elevator?

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

IMO - You just caught a really sloppy game or maybe MC was playing someone that just wasn't any good.

Going back to when MNW played SLC --- TX coaches that seen the film of that game while scouting for SLC told me that MNW was very sound in what they was doing.  It was not just athletes.

MC didn't just beat Bishop Gorman with better athletes - The coaches had good game plan and the kids executed.

The same can be said about BTW in wins over teams like Cedar Hill and Bishop Gorman.

At the end of the day every state has groups of teams that play some sloppy football.  

Just don't go around believing that teams from Florida like MC, BTW, MNW don't have some good coaches -  They do!

WHY? Do you actually believe that a GOOD coach would put in 50 plus EXTRA hours a week after teaching classes, to be paid PEANUTS?xD I watched the premier PUBLIC school game in FLAAAWDA a coupla years ago, tween Booker T. and Central! And it was a comedy of ERRORS! Kinda like our brain fart on the last drive in the 2017 7A finals!

2 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

WELL, I ain't uppity like you and our bud LEGION CAT, BUT I HAVE had my moments, a setting wid him in the cheap seats at the 2003 State Championship game! That is, before he got FAMOUS and ALL!:$

No need to sell yourself short Rab.  You're a lot more famous than me or the Velvet Voice.

Rufus>>

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

WHY? Do you actually believe that a GOOD coach would put in 50 plus EXTRA hours a week after teaching classes, to be paid PEANUTS?xD I watched the premier PUBLIC school game in FLAAAWDA a coupla years ago, tween Booker T. and Central! And it was a comedy of ERRORS! Kinda like our brain fart on the last drive in the 2017 7A finals!

How easy is this...I watched the highest paid coach in Georgia allow his team to get back to back delay of game penalties!  I called him fucking idiot and turned to a better game.

I didn't know that payroll determined the quality of coach on the HS level.

How bad was the coaching when that Florida team hung 50 on the Georgia state champ? I wonder which staff that night made the most money?  I wonder which staff had the most varsity coaches.

Coaching on the High School level is about being in command (good coaches don't ask kids to do this or that - THEY COMMAND THEM), leadership, X and O knowledge, being able to make good choices quickly, they coach not for the money, but to make boys into responsible young men.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Texasball said:

How easy is this...I watched the highest paid coach in Georgia allow his team to get back to back delay of game penalties!  I called him fucking idiot and turned to a better game.

How bad was the coaching when that Florida team hung 50 on the Georgia state champ? I wonder which staff that night made the most money?  I wonder which staff had the most varsity coaches.

Coaching on the High School level is about being in command (good coaches don't ask kids to do this or that - THEY COMMAND THEM), leadership, X and O knowledge, being able to make good choices quickly, they coach not for the money, but to make boys into responsible young men.

A little louder for the fools in the back!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Thank you 

On 2/27/2018 at 5:25 AM, ORabidOne said:

FLAAAAWDA wins merely on TALENT, PURE and SIMPLE! And if they don't utilize creative playa acquisitions, they REALLY SUCK! THAT, plus FLAAAAWDA high schools mostly draw FEW fans! The only teams in the Sunburn State who draw a good crowd are UF, UCF, and FSU!

I'd say another team that at least used to draw a nice crowd was Lincoln out of Tally.  I saw them in 98' and 01' and they had a nice following; especially for not being home games.  

3 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I'd say another team that at least used to draw a nice crowd was Lincoln out of Tally.  I saw them in 98' and 01' and they had a nice following; especially for not being home games.  

They don't draw well now

Columbia brought more fans as the visiting team in our playoff game with Lincoln this year then they did as the home team 

The community schools are ones that bring good numbers 

Madison County, Trenton, niceville, apopka, Choctawatchee, st Augustine, ect

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:26 AM, DarterBlue said:

Then WHY, with few exceptions, do FLAAAWDA schools feel it is to their advantage financially, to trek NORTH rather than host?