CalPreps: Georgias State Scaling in 2017 (OOS Results)

ECHS05

What Im doing, is exactly how Ned determines whether a state was scaled too high or low IN HIS EXPLANATION.... 

***** say for example that a state has played 30 out-of-state games and averaged winning those games by 2.5 points more than the ratings would suggest (discarding blowouts).  That state simply then gets a +2.5 point bump in terms of where they slot in against the rest of the teams in the country ****

This is what I did with Georgia, and found they were still under-scaled by an average of 2.69 from what the Ratings of GA teams suggests.

*** You guys need to read, play around with, and pay attention more to CalPreps before you come in here with stupid arguments. Its nonsense. Its like some of you are garbage men trying to explain quantum physics... Just go to CalPreps and do some playing around with the #s... You'll learn. Until then sit back and pay attention to what Im saying and stop interjecting your stupidly wrong ideas of what this all means*****

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

BTW MD “outperformed” almost every game last year according to CalPreps 

Lets see...

Mater Deis Rating = 97

Result: Mater Dei 31, Bishop Amat 7 ... (MD +24)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; Bishop Amat: 52.6 ... (MD +44.4)

Difference: Mater Dei underperformed by 20.4 points.

You are already wrong...

Just now, Ararar said:

Well it’s not really what you’re doing with Georgia just the best part of Georgia.You can say the GHSA is under rated but not all of Georgia until you show the GISA numbers 

You keep saying that every thread... But the GISA doesnt matter.  I do the same thing for all states... I dont add in Independent teams like State School for the Deaf and the Christian School down the road.

The GHSAs scale is not associated with the GISA... I am referencing Georgias GHSA (1A-7A) teams only.

I dont see why this is so difficult to understand.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Lets see...

Mater Deis Rating = 97

You are already wrong...

Which brings up another problem.Namely accounting for who played and who didn’t 

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Which brings up another problem.Namely accounting for who played and who didn’t 

That doesnt matter. That isnt a problem.

The same rules apply to all teams. They are all being done the same, who played and who didnt does not matter. This is about fixing scales.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You keep saying that every thread... But the GISA doesnt matter.  I do the same thing for all states... I dont add in Independent teams like State School for the Deaf and the Christian School down the road.

The GHSAs scale is not associated with the GISA... I am referencing Georgias GHSA (1A-7A) teams only.

Just because the GISA can be found under the "Georgia" tab... Doesnt mean the GHSAs scale has anything to do with the GISAs... 2 completely different thing. The 2 dont play.

Im specifically telling you what teams Im doing, and thats what matters. Im doing the GHSA and they have their own scale.

What you are saying does not matter.

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Just because the GISA can be found under the "Georgia" tab... Doesnt mean the GHSAs scale has anything to do with the GISAs... 2 completely different thing. The 2 dont play.

Im specifically telling you what teams Im doing, and thats what matters. Im doing the GHSA and they have their own scale.

What you are saying does not matter.

I’m not saying anything doesn’t matter and I know what you’re doing and as I said it’s good information.Im asking does CP put GHSA and GISA into their Georgia scaling?

43 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Lets see...

Mater Deis Rating = 97

You are already wrong...

Ill do the rest...

Mater Deis Rating = 97

Difference: Mater Dei underperformed by 20.4 points. (MD -20.4 , 1 game)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Result: Mater Dei 35, Bishop Gorman 21 ... (MD +14)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; Bishop Gorman: 72.5 ... (MD +24.5)

Difference: MD underperformed by -10.5 points ... (MD -30.9 , 2 games)

Result: Mater Dei 42, La Mirada 0 ... (MD +42)

Ratings: MD: 97 , LM: 17.9 ... (+79.1)

Difference: MD underperformed by -37.1 ... (MD -68 , 3 games)

Result: Mater Dei 62, Bergen Catholic 14 ... (MD +48)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; BC: 69.7 ... (MD +27.3)

Difference: MD outperformed by +20.7 ... (MD -47.3 , 4 games)

Result: Mater Dei 52, St. Mary's (Stockton) 14 ... (MD +38)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; SMS: 53.9 ... (MD +43.1)

Difference: MD underperformed by -5.1 ... (MD -52.4 , 5 games)

Result: Mater Dei 70, Santa Margarita 35 ... (MD +35)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; SM: 64.2 ... (MD +32.8)

Difference: Mater Dei outperformed by +2.2 ... (MD -50.2 , 6 games)

Result: Mater Dei 31, St. John Bosco 21 ... (MD +10)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; SJB: 81 ... (MD +16)

Difference: Mater Dei underperformed by -6 ... (MD -56.2 ; 7 games)

Result: Mater Dei 45, JSerra 3 ... (MD +42)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; JSerra: 59.5 ... (MD +37.5)

Difference: Mater Dei outperformed by +4.5 ... (MD -51.7 , 8 games)

Result: Mater Dei 51, Orange Lutheran 21 ... (MD +30)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; OLu: 58.8 ... (MD +38.2)

Difference: Mater Dei underperformed by -8.2 ... (MD -59.9 , 9 games)

Result: Mater Dei 51, Servite 7 ... (MD +44)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; Servite: 56.4 ... (MD +40.6)

Difference: Mater Dei outperformed by +3.4 ... (MD -56.5 , 10 games)

Result: Mater Dei 49, Vista Murrieta 7 ... (MD +42)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; VM: 45.5 ... (MD +51.5)

Difference: Mater Dei underperformed by -9.5 ... (MD -66 , 11 games)

Result: Mater Dei 55, Long Beach Poly 13 ... (MD +42)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; LBP: 61.1 ... (MD +35.9)

Difference: Mater Dei outperformed by +6.1 ... (MD -59.9 , 12 games)

Result: Mater Dei 49, Mission Viejo 21 ... (MD +28)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; MV: 70.4 ... (MD +26.6)

Difference: Mater Dei outperformed by +1.4 ... (MD -58.5 , 13 games)

Result: Mater Dei 49, St. John Bosco 24 ... (MD +25)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; SJB: 81 ... (MD +16)

Difference: Mater Dei outperformed by +9 ... (MD -49.5 , 14 games)

Result: Mater Dei 52, De La Salle 21 ... (MD +31)

Ratings: MD: 97 ; DLS: 70.9 ... (MD +26.1)

Difference: Mater Dei outperformed by +4.9 ... (MD -44.6 , 15 games)

Mater Dei played 15 games

Underperformed by a total of -44.6 points in relation to their ranking over those 15 games...

-44.6/15 = -2.973 PPG

So MD underperformed at a rate of -2.97 PPG in relation to their rating..

Which honestly isnt bad. Im guessing playoff boosts and bold/irrelevant games helped them overcome that -2.97 hole. 

That can actually mean quite a few things... For MD and for their opponents (as a whole).

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

62-0 is the Predict a matchup.

I wish morons like you and Caj didnt come in here and talk without knowing a damn bit of what the thread is actually doing/using.

Im using the RATINGS. That 62-0 cap on the PAM means absolutely nothing because Im not using that.

Graysons rating is a 60.8... ISBs is a -2.2 ... Thats a 63 point difference... But Grayson won 74-0, so thats a +11... 

You get em tiger!!!! 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

62-0 is the Predict a matchup.

I wish morons like you and Caj didnt come in here and talk without knowing a damn bit of what the thread is actually doing/using.

Im using the RATINGS. That 62-0 cap on the PAM means absolutely nothing because Im not using that.

Graysons rating is a 60.8... ISBs is a -2.2 ... Thats a 63 point difference... But Grayson won 74-0, so thats a +11... 

How is isb only minus 2?

They should be like minus 20 at minimum, basically a jv team 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Then don't add in isb who is a bloody independent 

Grayson adds 11 points to the overperforming bank for beating ISB 74-0 instead of 63-0! 😂

Wow that's where Georgia is at as a state? Holy shit there is a lot of insecurity up there in the Peach Fuzz State. 

Ned came over to ECHS's house to talk sense into him and when Echs went into the bathroom to cook up some numbers Ned opened the closet and found hours and hours of printed out info about Projections, ratings, scales, underperforming, margins of victory, the whole 9. 

If no one hears from Ned in the next hour alert all East Coweta police asap!!! 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Grayson adds 11 points to the overperforming bank for beating ISB 74-0 instead of 63-0! 😂

Wow that's where Georgia is at as a state? Holy shit there is a lot of insecurity up there in the Peach Fuzz State. 

Ned came over to ECHS's house to talk sense into him and when Echs went into the bathroom to cook up some numbers Ned opened the closet and found hours and hours of printed out info about Projections, ratings, scales, underperforming, margins of victory, the whole 9. 

If no one hears from Ned in the next hour alert all East Cowets police asap!!! 

Grayson should have beaten isb by 80 with their jv team, geez even garbage Suwannee beat isb by over 50 points 

So in short Grayson varsity not winning by 100+ is almost as embarrassing as lowndes playing Lincoln is for everyone here in Florida who knows that game will be a complete mismatch 

Idk who was the bigger moron in this, lowndes for thinking Lincoln is still elite or Lincoln signing up for a ass kicking 

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If no one hears from Ned in the next hour alert all East Coweta police asap!!! 

If you dont count every game, the #s are meaningless.

Unless you are just trying to determine a singular class, like 7A... Then Id just need to do all the 7A games. 

I agree that ISB vs Grayson is a meh one... But it must count.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If you dont count every game, the #s are meaningless.

Unless you are just trying to determine a singular class, like 7A... Then Id just need to do all the 7A games. 

I agree that ISB vs Grayson is a meh one... But it must count.

I'll repeat 

ISB

is

Independent 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If isb counts for Florida then img should as well since both are independents 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Lets see...

Mater Deis Rating = 97

You are already wrong...

But that’s not how CalPreps works...you’re just making up fake math to match you narrative. MD out scored the CalPreps prediction in most games...there for they “outperformed” CalPreps...

3 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

This is just an attempt to push @ECHS05 agenda. 

If I were all of you, I would ignore him.  

This is nothing less than an attempt to push GA football. 

What do you go 99% of the time you are on here?

Push Folsom football based on 0 facts and no logic. Pure biased emotion.

I pushed nothing. Just posted #s from CP.

You actually post Predict-A-Matchups.... With Folsom vs other teams.

3 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

But that’s not how CalPreps works...you’re just making up fake math to match you narrative. MD out scored the CalPreps prediction in most games...there for they “outperformed” CalPreps...

This is exactly how CalPreps works. What Im doing with the States (doing it with a single team is dumb and pointless) is exactly how Ned would check state scales, to see if they need to be adjusted up or down.

And you dont even know what I posted means for Mater Dei, its not necessarily bad.

0 is suppose to be the average team in America... Suppose to be. A 97 means Mater Dei is 97 points better than a team at 0. Predictions do not matter at all when it comes to ratings.

You are wrong. Completely and unequivocally. I seriously wish people like you would stop coming on here saying shit like that when they have NO idea what they are talking about, its old.

A few of Neds quotes... Read please 

***** "When margins are used, the differences in ratings between two teams is roughly a measure of how many points better one team is than another.  An 80 should beat a 60 by 20, etc.""" *****

And a little on State Scaling... That adds to the 1st point.

"""say for example that a state has played 30 out-of-state games and averaged winning those games by 2.5 points more than the ratings would suggest (discarding blowouts).  That state simply then gets a +2.5 point bump in terms of where they slot in against the rest of the teams in the country."""

If you want to know exactly what that means with Mater Dei, it means they didnt play to the level of their rating on average all season... Their rating should probably be closer to a 94 or 95... But the playoff bump Ned gives, where MD had performance ratings of 98.4, 106, 99.9... But whatevs.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

This is exactly how CalPreps works. What Im doing with the States (doing it with a single team is dumb and pointless) is exactly how Ned would check state scales, to see if they need to be adjusted up or down.

And you dont even know what I posted means for Mater Dei, its not necessarily bad.

0 is suppose to be the average team in America... Suppose to be. A 97 means Mater Dei is 97 points better than a team at 0. Predictions do not matter at all when it comes to ratings.

You are wrong. Completely and unequivocally. I seriously wish people like you would stop coming on here saying shit like that when they have NO idea what they are talking about, its old.

A few of Neds quotes... Read please 

***** "When margins are used, the differences in ratings between two teams is roughly a measure of how many points better one team is than another.  An 80 should beat a 60 by 20, etc.""" *****

And a little on State Scaling... That adds to the 1st point.

"""say for example that a state has played 30 out-of-state games and averaged winning those games by 2.5 points more than the ratings would suggest (discarding blowouts).  That state simply then gets a +2.5 point bump in terms of where they slot in against the rest of the teams in the country."""

If you want to know exactly what that means with Mater Dei, it means they didnt play to the level of their rating on average all season... Their rating should probably be closer to a 94 or 95... But the playoff bump Ned gives, where MD had performance ratings of 98.4, 106, 99.9... But whatevs.

So if 0 is average then how is isb only minus 2?

You telling me they are almost a average team? Damn I wonder where Suwannee and Columbia rank on those team ratings then after all Suwannee blew isb out just a few years ago and Columbia beat Suwannee without breaking a sweat