Bishop Gorman 2017 schedule

Anubis

9 minutes ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Just enjoyed reading both of your stories.  I will tell you, before In-N-Out was in Las Vegas, I couldn't wait to get to Barstow on my way to CA to get my fix.  Now that they are everywhere, it's not quite the same.  There's an IN-N-Out 5 minutes from my house & I pass multiple other ones every day during work.  Kind of like my past infatuations with White Castle & Big Red.  I can get all of those here now and you just don't get that same satisfaction, it's just much easier to satisfy that urge when you do get it.  And boy, that urge does hit you ;)

Are you in Vegas or Henderson?  Have you been to Lotus of Siam?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigDrop said:

Are you in Vegas or Henderson?  Have you been to Lotus of Siam?

Vegas - Southwest side of town.

Just saw your Lotus of Siam post.  I have been there once (I'm much more the IN-N-Out type of guy).  I had a work dinner there and was not really looking forward to it due to being one picky son of a gun.  However, I had a variety of Thai BBQ meats (chicken, beef, pork) and it was outstanding.  Also had some prawn & duck dishes.  Had no clue what I was eating but they kept saying "you have to try this" and I was not disappointed.  If you ever are in Vegas and want to explore the bar food scene, then I'm your man ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I have to add this to the thread so forgive me:  I believe the best Thai restaurant in the United States is in Vegas:  Lotus of Siam. http://lotusofsiamlv.com/meet-lotus/ is their website.  She actually won the James Beard award as best chef in the Southwestern U. S. and was raved about in Gourmet.  This is NOT in a hotel.  Rather, it's in a nondescript, strip shopping center a few blocks from downtown Vegas that you have go to out of your way to find.  It is also perhaps the single most popular restaurant in all of Vegas.  Not hyperbole:  it is widely known throughout the U. S.  Even the New York Times and San Francisco Chronicle haved raved about it.

This means you will have to reserve at least a week in advance for a weekend, a few days for a weekday.

For those reading this who live in Vegas please post your thoughts if you have been to Lotus of Siam.

Not a big fan of Thai, but did go to Basil on Folsom in the City awhile back. The Nuer Nam Tok was outstanding.

But the King Henry VIII cut at the house of Prime Rib I had last week blew that away lol. Looked like this...

4851936817_06da424f3a_b.jpg

Then like this......

348s.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigDrop said:

http://www.chowhound.com/post/5000-mile-hamburger-292192 is an essay that I wrote almost 14 years ago for Chowhound where I was a regular.  Somebody told me that it had over a million hits on Chowhound over time.  

Awesome read !   I've been to that airport In & Out before.  It's my hang out when I'm waiting to pick someone up flying in.  That place makes a mint.  Always crowded.  Never seen anyone maul a 4x4 tho.   

#legend 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Not a big fan of Thai, but did go to Basil on Folsom in the City awhile back. The Nuer Nam Tok was outstanding.

But the King Henry VIII cut at the house of Prime Rib I had last week blew that away lol. Looked like this...

4851936817_06da424f3a_b.jpg

Then like this......

348s.jpg

Is that a side of collard greens I see?

Big Drop - Really enjoyed the writing!.

PrepGrid - Vegas - C'mon baby mama wants a new pair of shoes!

Something I can't quite get out of my retinas.  After watching BG last year, including their handling of SJB, and watching DLS last year, including their being handled by SJB, who is on the bandwagon that thinks DLS has a chance in this game?  Not sandbagging, honest question.  

BG loses a special SR class, but they had a lot more behind it.  And although some of the BG faithful get real nuanced and sensitive when you point out they receive transfers from multiple states, didn't they just receive a 4-star RB from Texas?  Will there be more between now and then?

Meanwhile DLS brings a lot back, with some decent talent, but how many of the returners would be considered special players that can be built around?  They still had a lot of work to do at the end of the year.  QB needs to be replaced, and everything for DLS depends on that.   

Not feeling it early -- But we'll see how things unfold.... 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I also heard it from Coach Sanchez himself last night. We're attempting to get a NJ team to be BGs fourth OOS game. Unfortunately the dates don't match up as of now. 

GSB vs Nolebull   ... the first to schedule a quality NJ vs GA game gets the title of top prepgridiron promoter :)  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BigDrop said:

http://www.chowhound.com/post/5000-mile-hamburger-292192 is an essay that I wrote almost 14 years ago for Chowhound where I was a regular.  Somebody told me that it had over a million hits on Chowhound over time.  

I remember reading this a few years ago.  Well done bigdrop.  And now I know what I will be having for lunch since there is one about 3 miles away from work. 

25 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Tried either Carl's Jr. or In n Out when I was on the West coast about a year ago. Had it before too about 10 years ago in Vegas. Wasn't that impressed. Forget which one it was just knew they were both based out there. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Carl Jr's is just Hardee's nothing special... I prefer Hueys on the river.

If you Ever come to Savannah GA  Go to Hueys

• Like 1

Theres also vics...

But vics is expensive but its amazing....

Its Just Great but its not a place you go to casually.... 

Its the type of place you take the misses to if you plan on getting a little something something later that night...and if you dont.... 

Well shit...

She enjoyed a good damn near 200$ meal... 

To be fair a philly cheesesteak from that place takes up 3/4ths of your plate...

7 hours ago, playballintxandmi said:

Lotus is a must for all of my Vegas trips.

I've run out of "likes" and just want to show my appreciation....and hunger.

To be honest my wife and I will be in Vegas for the DeMatha/Gorman game but at least two of our meals will be at In-n-Out and Lotus of Siam.  Everyone please forgive me but living in the East and on our first visit West in a couple of years....I may look forward to more than just the game.

24 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I've run out of "likes" and just want to show my appreciation....and hunger.

To be honest my wife and I will be in Vegas for the DeMatha/Gorman game but at least two of our meals will be at In-n-Out and Lotus of Siam.  Everyone please forgive me but living in the East and on our first visit West in a couple of years....I may look forward to more than just the game.

Big Drop, I asked in another thread. What is SJC bringing back? If they play SJR again, how do you see the game?