No Instant Replay In Georgia HSFB

HawgGoneIt

The GHSA voted to add an additional on the field ref and dropping one chain gang ref to offset cost. Instant replay never even came up for a vote. 

Not sure what good an additional ref will do if the with the best view doesn't step in and override the bad call like we saw in the Peach County debacle at the Benz last year. 

I don't have a link because I can't find one yet. Just saw it on my local news so you'll have to trust me until a link becomes available. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The GHSA Screwing us once again

The GHSA *is* us.  It is made up of all of the schools and each school has a regional representative on the board that they select.  It is not some thrust on us from above type of situation.  If enough people/schools feel it is important, the rules can be changed.  So your statement effectively read we are screwing ourselves again.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2018 at 4:12 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

The GHSA voted to add an additional on the field ref and dropping one chain gang ref to offset cost. Instant replay never even came up for a vote. 

Not sure what good an additional ref will do if the with the best view doesn't step in and override the bad call like we saw in the Peach County debacle at the Benz last year. 

I don't have a link because I can't find one yet. Just saw it on my local news so you'll have to trust me until a link becomes available. 

But but this can't be true.  According to the joto rab ga hsfb is = to the NFL and was praising how only ga can afford and will have instant replay in all the state title games.   

"Integrity of the game" is an interesting concept as applied to this.  Part of the game is live calls from refs on the spot.  I don't think the calls impact the integrity of the game, more that they are another part or dimension of the game.  We've been on the raw end of calls before that impacted us in the playoffs so I'm not saying this as someone that hasn't been impacted.  I just think no matter the sport, if there are live refs that is just part and parcel of the way the game goes.  Note that I'm not saying there aren't bad calls nor am I saying that they don't impact games because sometimes they do.  I'm just saying that they happen and that's just part of the game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fred said:

"Integrity of the game" is an interesting concept as applied to this.  Part of the game is live calls from refs on the spot.  I don't think the calls impact the integrity of the game, more that they are another part or dimension of the game.  We've been on the raw end of calls before that impacted us in the playoffs so I'm not saying this as someone that hasn't been impacted.  I just think no matter the sport, if there are live refs that is just part and parcel of the way the game goes.  Note that I'm not saying there aren't bad calls nor am I saying that they don't impact games because sometimes they do.  I'm just saying that they happen and that's just part of the game.

Yeah but if you can fix bad calls then what's the harm? 

Nothing is perfect but it would be beneficial in my opinion to allow a opportunity to fix a bad call

33 minutes ago, Fred said:

Out of likes.

On 4/10/2018 at 1:42 PM, FootballGuy said:

You say this now, but when your favorite high school team gets robbed, then you'll think otherwise. 

What about when the team playing your favorite HS team gets robbed?

Replay is something HS budgets can't support to have available at EVERY game. We have teams with inflatable tunnels and sky cams and teams that just bring one Gatorade cooler and 20 fans playing in the same classification.

16 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

What about when the team playing your favorite HS team gets robbed?

Replay is something HS budgets can't support to have available at EVERY game. We have teams with inflatable tunnels and sky cams and teams that just bring one Gatorade cooler and 20 fans playing in the same classification.

It's about integrity, right? Call a fair game down the middle.... no special treatment for the teams involved. 

I do think instant replay should be available in semifinal and championship games tho.

Calls like the Peach County call are worse than bad though. This ref, bless his heart, better not ever grace another varsity game. He doesn't belong, and that's not even fair enough for Peach County. That entire crew, or at least every ref with a view of the play should never be on the field for a varsity game again.

It was that atrocious. 

In an instance like that, and there is t.v. evidence, they absolutely should be able to look and see if there was a view that either proves or disproves the call. 

Other than that, I do agree that in general bad calls are a part of the game. Normal circumstances especially. Here, there is camera evidence and the kids on one side of the field straight up got cheated, whether intentionally or not makes no difference. 

I see this as another strike against the GHSA. They are cruisin' for a bruisin' in all honesty. 

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Calls like the Peach County call are worse than bad though. This ref, bless his heart, better not ever grace another varsity game. He doesn't belong, and that's not even fair enough for Peach County. That entire crew, or at least every ref with a view of the play should never be on the field for a varsity game again.

It was that atrocious. 

In an instance like that, and there is t.v. evidence, they absolutely should be able to look and see if there was a view that either proves or disproves the call. 

Other than that, I do agree that in general bad calls are a part of the game. Normal circumstances especially. Here, there is camera evidence and the kids on one side of the field straight up got cheated, whether intentionally or not makes no difference. 

I see this as another strike against the GHSA. They are cruisin' for a bruisin' in all honesty. 

Piñata!

Thats all I got for you!

Piñata.... Hawg.

GHSA is now a Piñata.  

• Haha 1