Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

Just now, Horsefly said:

Your only misstep was assuming I would be a part. 

We all make mistakes and I am a bit freer in word than you would like. (we have come across this in other threads) 

You seem to be very literal. I almost feel a need to write technically instead of posting like we are sitting on my porch  when I quote you.

I will try to keep this in mind. 

In court I am exact in phrase so know I can do it. :)

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

We all make mistakes and  I am a bit freer in word than you would like. (we have come across this in other threads) 

You seem to be very literal. I almost feel a need to write technically instead of posting like we are sitting on my porch  when I quote you.

I will try to keep this in mind. 

In court I am exact in phrase so know I can do it. :)

You only think you are freer bc it's the Internet.  (Anonymity creates brave hearts) I've said this before, in face to face in normal discourse, you would not be so "free" in what you toss around and how you say things.  It is what is it though.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You only think you are freer bc it's the Internet.  (Anonymity creates brave hearts) I've said this before, in face to face in normal discourse, you would not be so "free" in what you toss around and how you say things.  It is what is it though.

This is very true, the face to face is a very different interaction. I'm hopefull that I would convey the same message in person...but that's unrealistic.

• Like 2

Just now, Sportsnut said:

I don't know you well enough to give you anything other than what I think of your opinion on subjects that we have shared here.

Given that, I know you are quick to change your view depending on who the opposite  side is coming from.

Read my posts in this thread, please. Thanks

Also, Thanks for your take on my posts. 

I do pride myself at not being closed minded and that does demand that as new facts are presented one reevaluates so I can understand why you think of me as you do.

You will also find in areas of established science I hold firm when block heads come at me with "opinion."

Just now, Horsefly said:

????????????

WTF????????

I think you are way off base if I read this right? 

You have been, sensitive, the last few days, if you have some kind of problem with me, PM me or reply here. 

If I miss-read this post, WTF do you mean? 

I have said ZERO insulting to you. 

In the TX threads you get the standard, never with malice nor disrespect. 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

You don't respect a man's opinion, you don't respect the man.

You cannot have an opinion that conflicts with fact, you can only have an opinion in absence of established fact.

As to respect, you would need define that because I would think one a dolt who did this. Many do. They think opinion is acceptable for a want that is juxtaposed to science. I would however be courteous and friendly. (like I am to the priest at church for example)

31 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

2nd time you have had to tell someone to re-read your post.

This is why I made the comment I did when you asked me to.

2 faced or flip flop or swinging both ways.

Hard to tell

neither poster had read them in the first place. (is whAT I immediately thought given what they asked me) 

i did not ask they reread i asked that they read them.

If clarification were then necessary I'd oblige. 

no point in writing the same thing twice. 

So to sum it up. Male subjects go to a restaurant, sit down and don’t order anything. Period of time goes by one subject goes to the bathroom. Management at said restaurant tell subjects to either order something or leave. Subjects refuse to do both. Management calls law enforcement. Law enforcement arrives, speaks to management, then tell subjects to leave. Subjects refuse, forcing law enforcement to take them into custody for trespassing. Management decides later not to prosecute. Without a victim willing to prosecute, law enforcement releases subjects with out charging them.

so what’s the problem here?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

????????????

WTF????????

I think you are way off base if I read this right? 

You have been, sensitive, the last few days, if you have some kind of problem with me, PM me or reply here. 

If I miss-read this post, WTF do you mean? 

I have said ZERO insulting to you. 

In the TX threads you get the standard, never with malice nor disrespect. 

Nor calm down with all these "wtf" and question marks.  I'm talking generally, you are only freer to post bc you are anonymous and not talking to people face to face. You aren't the only one, many on here do the same 

2 hours ago, ron169 said:

So to sum it up. Male subjects go to a restaurant, sit down and don’t order anything. Period of time goes by one subject goes to the bathroom. Management at said restaurant tell subjects to either order something or leave. Subjects refuse to do both. Management calls law enforcement. Law enforcement arrives, speaks to management, then tell subjects to leave. Subjects refuse, forcing law enforcement to take them into custody for trespassing. Management decides later not to prosecute. Without a victim willing to prosecute, law enforcement releases subjects with out charging them.

so what’s the problem here?

It's a good description of the event, given the available evidence, without any added interpretation.

The problem, I think, is that you're refusing to acknowledge the obvious, namely, that the fact of the blackness of the two men was not incidental to the event. 

I know that there isn't a ton of hard evidence to support that claim, but that's entirely beside the point.

12 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I think, is that you're refusing to acknowledge the obvious, namely, that the fact of the blackness of the two men was not incidental to the event. 

that is an assumption that I am not sure I agree with 

We may never know the answer.

12 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I know that there isn't a ton of hard evidence to support that claim, but that's entirely beside the point.

Never heard of evidence being irrelevant before.