Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

Just now, FootballGuy said:

I highly doubt that she would ever tell the press what the real issue was......UNLESS the store policy actually states, "no purchase, no service." 

If the two men forced to leave were white or Mexican, this wouldn't even be a story. 

This is just another attempt to stir up shit and get the ultimate free pass from being held accountable by rules or laws. 

Just now, Belly Bob said:

You beat me to it. 

I don't know about out in Cali but here in NY I think it's MUCH more common for a black person to be given more consideration than a white person in public encounters. 

Sort of like white people always feeling a need to PROVE they are not racist.

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

Absolutely not. You don't get a free pass to trespass when ASKED to leave just because you are a certain race. 

The race card is old. You will be treated the same as everyone else. If you are asked to leave a private business, you either comply or be forced to comply. 

End of story. No matter how hard some people try to get a pass in life for violating rules or laws, it will never happen. Rules and laws apply to everyone. 

You want equal opportunity employment, you shall also get equal opportunity treatment by the law. 

You're referring to this isolated incident, right? I really hope you are. 

You're referring to this isolated incident, right? I really hope you are. 

I am referring to this incident with some historical reference. 

The card always gets pulled when a certain group of people don't get their way. 

You are treated equal by the law and still complain. It is a never ending cycle of placing blame and never taking accountability for actions. 

Grow up and grow a pair of balls and take life on. Stop making excuses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I highly doubt that she would ever tell the press what the real issue was......UNLESS the store policy actually states, "no purchase, no service." 

this is the kind of thing i'd like to know

i have been told no purchase no restroom on more than one occasion however I have never sat in a busy place waiting for friends to arrive. It's just something I would never do. 

I am referring to this incident with some historical reference. 

The card always gets pulled when a certain group of people don't get their way. 

You are treated equal by the law and still complain. It is a never ending cycle of placing blame and never taking accountability for actions. 

Grow up and grow a pair of balls and take life on. Stop making excuses. 

Those damn minorities.... smh. Need to leave this country so that caucasians can live comfortably, right???

10 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I have no view.

I have posted the view of the particulars, the ingredients, those involved.

I have no view, just truth.

Yes, you refuse to give your view, as you know it will not assist your 'cause'....

your own opinion and tongue has been enslaved to your cause.....and you hide behind your blackness

Worse yet, you promote misunderstanding in the cause you are 'supposedly' trying to help...

Yes or no... was not so hard....

Why are you so afraid to be a man ...and give your opinion? 

Taboo?

Just now, Sportsnut said:

The cop follow the law a written. They decided, according to their law, no laws were broken.

No charges.

Cops investigate crime.

No crime was found to have been committed.

I posted the quotes.

Do you have a quote that substantiates your assertion? 

As I understand it, it was Starbucks who did not file a complaint. 

Very different. 

-----------------

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Not a joke today,sadly.........and your right, but.....

it's pathetic leftist action based on the blame game which many play...The book,"Rules for Radicals" advocates ...Hillary Clinton wrote and praised it in here senior thesis at Wellesley College....

how can you sing the same song every day of your life?

You know it wouldn't have. 

This is just another attempt to play the race and poor us card. 

Let me tell you how this would go:

If a white person was involved, it would've gained some attention, but not that much. Would've died down after about a day or two.

If a minority was involved, it would've gained a lot of attention due to "history." Now this story lasts about a week or longer. 

• Like 1

Let me tell you how this would go:

If a white person was involved, it would've gained ZERO attention, but not that much. Would've died down after about a day or two.

If a minority was involved, it would've gained a lot of attention due to "history." Now this story lasts about a week or longer. 

slight change, highlighted 

So you gonna up there and say that no media attention is given to white people when they face discrimination? 

this would not likely  be interpreted as discrimination if they were white 

in fact, when they were taken out the police would likely have gotten applauded as most can't stand people trying up tables  

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

You don't have to believe something to know it.

Where were you educated?

Prove it. 

I was educated that knowledge is justified true belief, plus some forth condition which we haven't yet discovered, because of the so-called Gettier counter-examples. 

I spent a lot time in the library when I was a young man. Now I seldom leave my home office.