Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

Just now, Sportsnut said:

You need to prove they were. 

You are the one charging them.

The words in my previous came from the CEO of Starbucks.

If he is satisfied and convinced the employee made a mistake, who are you to question?

If the cops so law broken, who are you to condemn these men?

Superiority Complex

White is Right

I read your post to say, "I am black, I will never be objective in any circumstance where a claim racism is made."

You don't fucking read. I posted that shit yesterday.

" Ross confirmed that the officers released the men from custody after they discovered Starbucks was not planning to prosecute them." https://wamu.org/story/18/04/15/starbucks-police-and-mayor-respond-to-controversial-arrest-of-2-black-men-in-philly/

The official statement from the police:

“[The police officers] followed policy, they did what they were supposed to do, they were professional in all their dealings with these gentlemen and instead, they got the opposite back. I will say that as an African American man, I am very aware of implicit bias. We are committed to fair and unbiased policing and anything less than that will not be tolerated in this department.”

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Damn dude, Don't tell me I was wrong.

Cause I don't get your rational. 

If the cops say no crime was committed, why do you continue to label them as criminals?

Think you responded to the wrong post above, but anyways...

Where did I ever say you were wrong?  All you did was place a cleverly crafted CYA statement next to 'your cause' with hopes of 'others' making the incorrect assumptions....as in they were not trespassing....to believe an untruth (that you think can't be attributed to you)....for your benefit...or 'cause'

Simply put....yes or no....do you believe they were Trespassing?

And I don't care what others say with handily crafted dismissals.

50 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Appearance.

No other white person (from what we see) are big, intimidating people dressed in "urban" clothing. I believe that their appearance made the manager uncomfortable from the jump. 

Maybe. They didn't seem very intimidating to me. From the two videos I've seen, they seemed quiet, reserved, and in control of themselves.

But every other person in the video, save for their white friend who shows up later, including another black guy, has coffee.

Why not think that the fact that they were sitting there and not buying anything is what made the manager uncomfortable?

Or more to the point, why think that the one explanation is more likely than the other on the available evidence?

2 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

That you believe it to be true, does not necessarily make it so...

That is the cancer of pre-judgement...

That is why you will hate people or turn away, where in many cases you should not...

This is definitely a loss in your life...which I do consider sad...

Hope this explains my rationale... 

I... nevermind. You got it. 

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

If the fucking CEO says these guys did not violate any policy of Starbucks, while at the same time saying the employees made a bad choice to call law enforcement and to have said law enforcement state no law was broken to be followed by and apology from the CEO to the men falsely and illegally, then it's a duck.

Correct 100% a DUCK....

To avoid telling the whole class how YOU believe these men were not trespassing.....or admit that they in fact were...

Quack quack...

giphy.gif

The only thing you teach without doing so, is for people to 'hide behind' their own blackness...

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

If the fucking CEO says these guys did not violate any policy of Starbucks, while at the same time saying the employees made a bad choice to call law enforcement and to have said law enforcement state no law was broken to be followed by and apology from the CEO to the men falsely and illegally, then it's a duck.

The Facts as they are.

Stupidity on your part if you do not find resolution on your own after guidance was offered.

Stupid is as Stupid does

You're still butthurt and mad from the severe roasting you got yesterday.

You're looking at things from a really fucked up lens.

Retired, no debt but utilities as still mad as fuck.

You need therapy, Rab Jr.

After reading, if you did, the word of the CEO and still arguing the point, you look awful.

with you

FIN

Don't be so quick to tell people how bad they look and how stupid they are and to be "FIN" with them when they express a view that isn't your own.

Slow down a bit and focus on giving and evaluating reasons for your views. 

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Maybe. They didn't seem very intimidating to me. From the two videos I've seen, they seemed quiet, reserved, and in control of themselves.

But every other person in the video, save for their white friend who shows up later, including another black guy, has coffee.

Why not think that the fact that they were sitting there and not buying anything is what made the manager uncomfortable?

1. They may not seem intimidating to you, but to her, they may have been intimidating......maybe.

2. If they made the manager uncomfortable by sitting there waiting on their friend without buying anything, then she doesn't need to work in the food industry anymore.....with her scary ass.

3. I just personally believe that the whole issue was deeper than the guy wanting to use the restroom an not buying anything. 

After reading, if you did, the word of the CEO and still arguing the point, you look awful.

with you

FIN

As the whole class writes in their notebook....

Nut believes they were TRESSPASSING....and he's to ashamed to admit it.

as apparent, displayed, and proven by his inability to describe how they were not...

yes...someone here sure is looking 'awful'.....and hiding behind his own blackness

Is it to much of a 'social taboo' for you to say that they in fact were???

Who's the slave now?

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. They may not seem intimidating to you, but to her, they may have been intimidating......maybe.

2. If they made the manager uncomfortable by sitting there waiting on their friend without buying anything, then she doesn't need to work in the food industry anymore.....with her scary ass.

3. I just personally believe that the whole issue was deeper than the guy wanting to use the restroom an not buying anything. 

(3) is the issue we're discussing. And I think that whether (2) is true depends in part on factors we don't have available to us -- like how long they had been sitting there; what the standard practices are at the Starbucks, etc. 

Like I've said before, the Starbucks around UC Berkeley were hardcore about enforcing the policy that the facilities were paying customers only. That was in part because if you didn't enforce it, students would park there all day without buying anything, and in part because Berkeley had a big homeless population, and the homeless would cause all sorts of problems in the bathrooms. 

I'm not saying that that's how this particular Starbucks was run; I'm saying that we don't know -- and it's a relevant piece of information. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

feeling uncomfortable?

Absolutely not. You don't get a free pass to trespass when ASKED to leave just because you are a certain race. 

The race card is old. You will be treated the same as everyone else. If you are asked to leave a private business, you either comply or be forced to comply. 

End of story. No matter how hard some people try to get a pass in life for violating rules or laws, it will never happen. Rules and laws apply to everyone. 

You want equal opportunity employment, you shall also get equal opportunity treatment by the law.