2018 State trending

Sammyswordsman

30 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Of course! Because calpreps said so. Calpreps is the 2nd coming of the Bible! 

I'm actually shocked that @ECHS05 hasn't created his own GApreps.com site, complete with his own GA algorithms, declaring GA football teams the greatest of all time.

I am still confident he comes up with something as such.

12 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I'm actually shocked that @ECHS05 hasn't created his own GApreps.com site, complete with his own GA algorithms, declaring GA football teams the greatest of all time.

I am still confident he comes up with something as such.

No need for the guy to waste his time on it. It's all about calpreps. Calpreps is gospel and it's the end all, be all of hsfb. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

No need for the guy to waste his time on it. It's all about calpreps. Calpreps is gospel and it's the end all, be all of hsfb. 

According to this site, GA HSFB is the gospel and the end all be all. Correct?

Most of the threads are GA posters trying to prove their worth.

I do enjoy the enthusiasm though.

13 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

According to this site, GA HSFB is the gospel and the end all be all. Correct?

Most of the threads are GA posters trying to prove their worth.

I do enjoy the enthusiasm though.

I mean, we do run the board. We can start a thread and someone from oos will jump on and throw salt. Also, someone from oos can start their own thread and I guarantee you they will bring up Georgia. Everyone on this board loves Georgia.....and we appreciate all the attention that we receive. That's beside the fact tho. Calpreps is gospel, and if something is said and calprpeps says otherwise, every other statement is thrown out the window. Calpreps or die! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Georgia posters have been frustrated that they have not achieved  a significant OOS win vs. a Power state team (or even #5 Arizona).

They will get a chance at a high profile game this season when Bergen Catholic comes to town.

You might wanna do your research. 

14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Georgia posters have been frustrated that they have not achieved  a significant OOS win vs. a Power state team (or even #5 Arizona).

They will get a chance at a high profile game this season when Bergen Catholic comes to town.

I need to research 100 times of Texans, but next step will be looking at Calpreps state ratings and not using top 50, but top 5 and top 10.   I’m interested to see the rating ranks in this exercise vs using top 50 and the rating differences as well between states (especially w top 5).  After thinking about it a few more secs I think you have to include IMG in FL because it is attached to other schools/states ratings included in this exercise.  I’ll use with and without though to make all happy lol.   

9 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I need to research 100 times of Texans, but next step will be looking at Calpreps state ratings and not using top 50, but top 5 and top 10.   I’m interested to see the rating ranks in this exercise vs using top 50 and the rating differences as well between states (especially w top 5).  After thinking about it a few more secs I think you have to include IMG in FL because it is attached to other schools/states ratings included in this exercise.  I’ll use with and without though to make all happy lol.   

I wholly endorse your avatar.

One of the challenges to rankings is to see where a Top 5 team in a non power state fits in with a Top 30 team from say Texas.

For example could Georgia #1-3 Rome really beat Texas #20-30 Mansfield??

There is really no common denominator to compare.

18 hours ago, Pops said:

Agree but was a tie and not a loss 

also not sure a 7-3-1 NCS D1 record in 2004 is worse than an 8-4 CS record

the one thing that sways me to Clovis West is they were section champs and top 25 nationally the year prior (largely I’m sure on Strength of DLS win)

Dude they were so horrible that year.  I watched them against Palma when they tied DLS.  They looked like a totally horrible team for DLS standards.  Palma was a regional power for years but not any where near at DLS's level.  Mos def their worst team since the 80's.

18 hours ago, Pops said:

You’re mixing up conversations but ok

fwiw, and I don’t know if you know this or we’re just trolling, no one played OOS back then unless it was the school down the road across the border 

you can thank DLS for igniting the travel increase — for years, the best teams from around the country would call them as if they were THE gunslinger in the old west to make your name with 

Tried telling the youngsters that DLS is the OG of OOS games but they just won't hear it.  Kids these days.

18 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And quit being stupid... 

GA isnt norcal we have our own identity and FL has its own identity. Norcal is far different but you know whats different? Norcal and socal are in the same state... 

NorCal=ga  We've done been over this a million times son. 

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I wholly endorse your avatar.

One of the challenges to rankings is to see where a Top 5 team in a non power state fits in with a Top 30 team from say Texas.

For example could Georgia #1-3 Rome really beat Texas #20-30 Mansfield??

There is really no common denominator to compare.

Rome would boat race #30 Mansfield, embarrass you and your mama for suggesting it.

Rome was op 25 across the pundit board and in the last four game analysis.... it wouldn't be a contest.

giphy.gif