My Algorithm on Why Folsom is Gonna Get Bullied By the Big Boys of Concord

Mission V didnt get enough credit last year. 

IMO, they were #3 in CA behind Mater Dei & SJB. 

Folsom was #8 IMO.

1. Mater Dei

2. St. John Bosco (L to #1 Mater Dei 49-24)

3. Mission Viejo (L to #1 Mater Dei 49-21)

4. De La Salle (L to #1 Mater Dei 52-21)

5. Corona Centennial (L to #2 SJB 62-34)

6. Chaminade (L to #2 SJB 31-17... I realize they lost to Orange Lutheran 28-25 in the playoffs... But Chaminade would have a better chance to beat any of the teams above, and Chaminade beats OLu 8 out of 10 times... OLu just hit that 20% chance to win lottery....and the rest of the seasons results say Chaminade was the better team)

7. Santa Margarita ... (How the F did they lose to Murrieta Valley ... Ima chalk that up to a bad matchup)

8.  Folsom

After Folsom theres a cluster of teams like Upland, Helix, Rancho Cucamonga, Orange Lutheran, Narbonne, Pittsburg, Murrieta Valley, Serra-San Mateo, Oaks Christian, LBP, etc... That can go in almost any order...

IMO, if Uplands QB hadnt went down, they beat Oaks Christian, then beat Helix, and Upland beats Folsom in the 1-AA Championship.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Mission V didnt get enough credit last year. 

IMO, they were #3 in CA behind Mater Dei & SJB. 

Folsom was #8 IMO.

1. Mater Dei

2. St. John Bosco (L to #1 Mater Dei 49-24)

3. Mission Viejo (L to #1 Mater Dei 49-21)

4. De La Salle (L to #1 Mater Dei 52-21)

5. Corona Centennial (L to #2 SJB 62-34)

6. Chaminade (L to #2 SJB 31-17... I realize they lost to Orange Lutheran 28-25 in the playoffs... But Chaminade would have a better chance to beat any of the teams above, and Chaminade beats OLu 8 out of 10 times... OLu just hit that 20% chance to win lottery....and the rest of the seasons results say Chaminade was the better team)

7. Santa Margarita ... (How the F did they lose to Murrieta Valley ... Ima chalk that up to a bad matchup)

8.  Folsom

After Folsom theres a cluster of teams like Upland, Helix, Rancho Cucamonga, Orange Lutheran, Narbonne, Pittsburg, Murrieta Valley, Serra-San Mateo, Oaks Christian, LBP, etc... That can go in almost any order...

IMO, if Uplands QB hadnt went down, they beat Oaks Christian, then beat Helix, and Upland beats Folsom in the 1-AA Championship.

This is a very astute analysis.  MV has been consistently VERY good for the past 9 years.  More so than any other team outside of DLS.

Chaminade will be a bit down this year, but have a veteran staff and will be back in the mix soon.  Everyone is over looking Cen10 this year, but they will win their league, be a top 4 seed and get to the semi's. 

DLS looks beastly this year, and will give the South a much better contest in the SBG.

Their could be a 4 way tie for 3rd in the Trinity League with SM/OLU/Servite/JSerra all splitting with each other.

I have no idea how the SJB/MD game will turn out.  A lot depends on how good the Stache's new QB will turn out to be.  All indications are that this one will be a slugfest, with the added dimension 5* receivers flying around the field defended by 5* DB's.  Both defenses will be explosive and capable of scoring points directly off a fumble or int.

Good news for fans of this game. It's being reported over on the NorCal Boards that DLS will be adding more bleachers for this game. Word has it is that they are expecting 8-10K for this game. There'll be bleachers in both end zones and will add some larger ones on visitors side. This could be good news if true.

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Good news for fans of this game. It's being reported over on the NorCal Boards that DLS will be adding more bleachers for this game. Word has it is that they are expecting 8-10K for this game. There'll be bleachers in both end zones and will add some larger ones on visitors side. This could be good news if true.

They should bring extra buns for all the crow that will be served on the visitor side.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I will be drinking a brew watching this site melt down after.

It will be so epic. 😃

There will be no meltdown. Why? It's really a no-win situation for NorCal. If DLS wins, it's expected....and YOU will be the in the sights of the firing squad. I would prepare for that If I were you. Get yourself a bullet proof vest or something. If Folsom manages to win, it's a black eye on NorCal....and people are seriously ready for a NorCal team to beat DLS. I'm not one of them :D

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

There will be no meltdown. Why? It's really a no-win situation for NorCal. If DLS wins, it's expected....and YOU will be the in the sights of the firing squad. I would prepare for that If I were you. Get yourself a bullet proof vest or something. If Folsom manages to win, it's a black eye on NorCal....and people are seriously ready for a NorCal team to beat DLS. I'm not one of them :D

My plan is this:

1. Brew in hand

2. Tablet open to refresh this page every 10 seconds

3. Pointing

4. Laughing

5. Posting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

They should bring extra buns for all the crow that will be served on the visitor side.

I was wondering why DLS was keeping a large amount of crows in cages on the visitor's side. Now it makes sense. Ya don't wanna go looking for crow when ya need it now!xD

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I was wondering why DLS was keeping a large amount of crows in cages on the visitor's side. Now it makes sense. Ya don't wanna go looking for crow when ya need it now!xD

Notice how @Sammyswordsman has more skin in the game in regards to this game, over ANYONE on the forum.

What a creeper lol

He will refreshing the page for the score every 2 seconds during this game. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The meltdown on this board when Folsom beats DLS week 0 will be so epic.

The only meltdown, one way or another, will be yours.

Of course the reaction to your meltdown--which will undoubtedly include you putting words into peoples mouth--will be the reason you'll claim a meltdown in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This is a very astute analysis.  MV has been consistently VERY good for the past 9 years.  More so than any other team outside of DLS.

Don’t suck up to him just because he bashes Folsom just because he’s got a Norcal hard-on

MV has been the most consistently overrated team in the state.  Their best team the last decade?  That’s the team servite beat beat by 14 right before losing to DLS by 100.

i would say CC has been a hella lot more consistent than MV (5 SBG appearances to 1) as has Folsom (3 SBG wins, more than any team not named DLS, and better finishes — 

‘10 — #7

’12.  Top 50

’13.  Top 50

’14.   #2

’17.   Top 25 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

Don’t suck up to him just because he bashes Folsom just because he’s got a Norcal hard-on

MV has been the most consistently overrated team in the state.  Their best team the last decade?  That’s the team servite beat beat by 14 right before losing to DLS by 100.

i would say CC has been a hella lot more consistent than MV (5 SBG appearances to 1) as has Folsom (3 SBG wins, more than any team not named DLS, and better finishes — 

‘10 — #7

’12.  Top 50

’13.  Top 50

’14.   #2

’17.   Top 25 

Folsom plays NOONE though. If they were in SoCal, no one would even know who they are. There is absolutely no argument for Folsom in Mission Viejo in any context.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

‘10 — #7

’12.  Top 50

’13.  Top 50

’14.   #2

’17.   Top 25 

True.  Cen10 has probably been a bit better than MV over the past 9 years. 

MV has had plenty of opportunity to schedule Centennial. It appears that they have the same admin assistant as CoolHwip...Consuella! Mission Viejo wants nothing to do with the Huskies even during a reloading year, if they did, it would have happened! They are ok with the mediocre schedule that allows them a favorable record at the end of the year. While Centennial is playing a Nationally ranked schedule that prepares them for the gauntlet that is the D1 playoffs.

All this conjecture about MV being better than Centennial is sour grapes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Folsom plays NOONE though. If they were in SoCal, no one would even know who they are. There is absolutely no argument for Folsom in Mission Viejo in any context.

Hilarious. Our SOS is still better than early every team in Ga. We are ranked ahead of EVERY team in Ga. 

Our schedule next year is legit. And we even had to push for that. Nobody was beating down the door wanting to play. 

While you push your GA agenda, I will push mine even harder. We are relevant. You are not. Facts. 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Notice how @Sammyswordsman has more skin in the game in regards to this game, over ANYONE on the forum.

What a creeper lol

He will refreshing the page for the score every 2 seconds during this game. 

If Folsom wins this game I'm actually worried about Sammy. His breakdown is going to be catastrophic. He will literally hold back tears as he does his Tiers lists every week. Of course, he'll still find an excuse to rank devil 4th tier. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

This makes no sense. The only reason Norcal has a black eye is because of DLS' streak. The best thing that could happen for Norcal football is Folsom going into DLS and beating a highly hyped up elite team. DLS guys are hyping this team up as much as Folsom guy is hyping their team up. 

Again, @Sammyswordsman has the most riding on this game. 

6 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

If Folsom wins this game I'm actually worried about Sammy. His breakdown is going to be catastrophic. He will literally hold back tears as he does his Tiers lists every week. Of course, he'll still find an excuse to rank devil 4th tier. 

He will have spent multiple years trolling and telling the nation that Folsom sucks, only to be embarasses and exposed. 

He has so much riding on this game. That is why he is so obsessed. He campaigned for the game NEVER to happen so he could continue his "they play nobody" agenda.

He has THE MOST riding on this game out of everyone.

I cannot wait. 

26 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

The only reason Norcal has a black eye is because of DLS' streak.

This actually only part of it, in my opinion.  Had other of the top Nor Cal schools played and beaten top out of section teams and played (and won their fair share) quality  OOS teams over the past 15-20 years, NorCal would not be as demeaned as they are today, regardless of DLS's success.  But because DLS is the only measuring stick, the good NorCal teams do not get respect.

• Like 1

Just now, Rippers said:

This actually only part of it, in my opinion.  Had other of the top Nor Cal schools played and beaten top out of section teams and played (and won their fair share) quality  OOS teams over the past 15-20 years, NorCal would not be as demeaned as they are today, regardless of DLS's success.  But because DLS is the only measuring stick, the good NorCal teams do not get respect.

Get respect from who?

The few jobless clowns on this board?

The successful NorCal programs get PLENTY of accolades locally & nationally. 

I wouldn't use the sentiment from this board as a measurement of success. That is like using a classroom full of junior high kids to accurately rank top teams. While it is fun, and funny, it just isn't accurate. 

• Like 1