My Algorithm on Why Folsom is Gonna Get Bullied By the Big Boys of Concord

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

But can you imagine the excuses from elsewhere? It will be epic.

I guess you are going to keep repeating this narrative until someone falls for it or until you start putting the excuses into peoples mouth and then running with it.

In my opinion, when DLS finally loses in Norcal, I would rather it be to someone like Folsom, although there would be some serendipity in Pitt, St. Francis or Serra taking them down.  I would hate for it to be a team that they have never played before or one that has no business winning the game.  And I think when DLS finally does lose, it will by double digits--the whole "waterfall" effect.

8 minutes ago, Rippers said:

I guess you are going to keep repeating this narrative until someone falls for it or until you start putting the excuses into peoples mouth and then running with it.

In my opinion, when DLS finally loses in Norcal, I would rather it be to someone like Folsom, although there would be some serendipity in Pitt, St. Francis or Serra taking them down.  I would hate for it to be a team that they have never played before or one that has no business winning the game.  And I think when DLS finally does lose, it will by double digits--the whole "waterfall" effect.

Fair take.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Not sure how long its going to take DLS guys to realize its not a coincidence DLS can sleepwalk through NorCal teams, but struggles outside its borders.

Playing elite teams is tough — playing them thousands of miles from home is tougher

two topics for which GA guy is singularly uninformed 

what is the LONGEST trip ever for a top GA team (and I’ll let you include Etowah if you’d like) — I bet DLS has five longer (ET is 5th) playing better teams 

from now on, your new Delta name is 56-ZIP 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rippers said:

And I think when DLS finally does lose, it will by double digits--the whole "waterfall" effect.

After winning 151 straight games, DLS lost by 19 and 18 to open ‘04 0-2

i decided to start following DLS right before ‘08 SBG — they lost 3 of the first 4 games I watched (Cc in SBG and DBP and lakeland in their first 3 of ‘09 — they were tied or trailed at half of first 3 NorCal teams they played (0-7 v serra, 3-14 v amador valley and 14-all b Monte vista)

as good as DLS has been and for as long it’s still incredible they havent lost — 

— bellarmine could have ended it with a successful PAT in ‘11

— serra has been close several times — besides throwing a first half shutout in ‘09, they were ahead by 7 with a couple of minutes left in ‘08 and DLS fumbled tying PAT snap and ran it in for 2, and in ‘13, serra had a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left 

10 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I don't care what anyone says. The people that truly matter, truly respect Folsom and their program. The anonymous turds on here mainly post out of jealousy because their team is either in the shitter or isn't relevant. Go look at the view counts, versus people posting, and tell me where the interest is. Even negative publicity is good. If people are not talking about you, you have lost. It is the same handful of people constantly trolling Folsom. Hardly a national sentiment lol!

It could be worse- the only people talking about GA football, are people from GA.

Keep up the fight for relevancy! 😄

You from Georgia now too? You seem to pop into every Georgia thread with much gum flapping.

Dammit man! You have told a ton of whoppers in a brief time on here. 

xD

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pops said:

Playing elite teams is tough — playing them thousands of miles from home is tougher

The magical border theory is among the worst and most tired things still circulating from DLS/NorCal haters.

These people are so jaded and dense that they still don't realize that location doesn't matter but rather level of opponent. DLS doesn't go out of state to play also rans or your average team. They schedule games against the very best opponents in the country (that they anticipate to be good in a given season) which are typically top 25/50 in the Nation.

If DLS scheduled average teams in GA, TX, FL, NJ they'd never lose those games either. But instead they only schedule elite State/National teams from those various locations. But somehow it's perceived that crossing an imaginary border is the reason. BRILLIANT.

What's lost on these insecure, agenda driven people is that when DLS faces an elite, Nationally ranked team from CA -- they sometimes lose those games too.

And no matter how many times you explain it to them, it's selectively ignored that DLS hasn't faced most of the NorCal teams that fit that description since there's largely never been a Regional playoff (only 2 of them in history).

It's clear that this tired and completely false narrative will be repeated ad nauseam until the end of time.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

The magical border theory is among the worst and most tired things still circulating from DLS/NorCal haters.

These people are so jaded and dense that they still don't realize that location doesn't matter but rather level of opponent. DLS doesn't go out of state to play also rans or your average team. They schedule games against the very best opponents in the country (that they anticipate to be good in a given season) which are typically top 25/50 in the Nation.

If DLS scheduled average teams in GA, TX, FL, NJ they'd never lose those games either. But instead they only schedule elite State/National teams from those various locations. But somehow it's perceived that crossing an imaginary border is the reason. BRILLIANT.

What's lost on these insecure, agenda driven people is that when DLS faces an elite, Nationally ranked team from CA -- they sometimes lose those games too.

And no matter how many times you explain it to them, it's selectively ignored that DLS hasn't faced most of the NorCal teams that fit that description since there's largely never been a Regional playoff (only 2 of them in history).

It's clear that this tired and completely false narrative will be repeated ad nauseam until the end of time.

Bravo!

19 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

ThunderRam for the win!

Example. Bishop Amat, a solid SoCal team goes to Texas and smashes a damn good “average” team in Aledo. I DLS consistently played that level of OOS comp, their record would be pristine...as would many other elite teams from other states. Sorry Texas guys, not picking on Texas, it’s just an example. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Another factor, imo, is playing great teams early in the year.  Outside of DBP and STA I think DLS wins those OOS games If they had played at end of the year.  Its the nature of the system they run.  

How do you think they would have done had they played at end of year?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Another factor, imo, is playing great teams early in the year.  Outside of DBP and STA I think DLS wins those OOS games If they had played at end of the year.  Its the nature of the system they run.  

not so fast.  The DLS veer fumbled multiple times vs SJB and Stache in week 15.  Hyper improvement had less to do with the fumbles than Stout d-Lines getting a push into the handoff zone.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

not so fast.  The DLS veer fumbled multiple times vs SJB and Stache in week 15.  Hyper improvement had less to do with the fumbles than Stout d-Lines getting a push into the handoff zone.

Agreed. The one game that stands out to me where the “rust” really showed was the game against ET. No slight to ET. But Simple plays of not catching wide open passes,  overthrowing wide open receivers, fumbling pitches, shitty tackling etc...Obviously some of that was an elite opponent’s influence, but to me that was a game where the outcome could have POSSIBLY been different with a few games to get sharp. Maaaaaaybe the game agaibst STA is a little closer later in the year....who knows.

But other then that, I think the others were just damn good teams that beat Sparty. DBP (at the time), Lakeland (at the time), Bellevue (at that time), BG etc would be favored in 99% of their games no matter who it was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I'll never understand why you all use this as some sort of evidence to explain away DLS losing these games.

In my opinion, their offensive system gives them an advantage early in the season compared to many of other schemes.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good point but that was an anomaly.  Most of those fumbles were just plain bad football while a few were caused by the DL.  And that team was the first team that I can think of that seemed to regress when they normally are peaking.  Had they been good and peaking it would have been hard to beat those (all-star) teams.    

Thanks for choosing an example that disproves my point though.  😕    

I wouldn't call it hyper improvement but rather a normal improvement that is exagerated to the extreme due to the amount of time required for the line play to reach peak efficiency.  

49 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Agreed. The one game that stands out to me where the “rust” really showed was the game against ET. No slight to ET. But Simple plays of not catching wide open passes,  overthrowing wide open receivers, fumbling pitches, shitty tackling etc...Obviously some of that was an elite opponent’s influence, but to me that was a game where the outcome could have POSSIBLY been different with a few games to get sharp. Maaaaaaybe the game agaibst STA is a little closer later in the year....who knows.

But other then that, I think the others were just damn good teams that beat Sparty. DBP (at the time), Lakeland (at the time), Bellevue (at that time), BG etc would be favored in 99% of their games no matter who it was. 

I mysteriously forgot about BG and Bellevue.  How did that happen I wonder.  My neighbor is a Bellevue grad and He knows I'm a DLS fan and doesn't hesitate to remind me of that day.

Anyway good call.  

ET was frustrating, esp the tackling.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'll never understand why you all use this as some sort of evidence to explain away DLS losing these games.

In my opinion, their offensive system gives them an advantage early in the season compared to many of other schemes.

No way to explain away the games.  They lost bc the other team was better.  But the improvement is a real thing that NorCal already knew about.  The close games they have had with non elite teams early on suggest that this is the case.  

Either way though, early or late, a big strong and athletic DL is how you stop the veer and these OOS teams had just that.  

But if a team doesn't have a DL then they better catch them early.

Not sure that DLS scheme is more of an advantage early.  The timing isn't there yet.  Unless you don't see the veer it isn't hard to plan for, you just need discipline.  

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

As Canes always said ...something to the effect of 'It's easy have the appearance of hyper improvement when the quality of teams you play regresses after week 3.

That being said the DLS 2010 team was a symphony on offense in the SBG.  Absolute perfection 

Not every league is the Trinity league so it's that is normal I think.  Unless your Folsom, who until this coming year, has faced better competition in league play.  Couldn't help myself.  😀

9 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Not every league is the Trinity league so it's that is normal I think.  Unless your Folsom, who until this coming year, has faced better competition in league play.  Couldn't help myself.  😀

DLS has no business being in a neighborhood public school league.  They should freelance for football or find a parochial school league

• Like 1