World Cup contest anyone? Careful, spoiler alert for DVR'd games

golfaddict1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I had high hopes for Peru.  Totally shocked they lost that first game.  If they don't advance, it will be a huge let down.  Too much talent to not win.

Well the sad part is although the Peruvian players are very good and highly skilled they are not considered a "talented" team.   They have the 3rd lowest Player value of all the teams in the world cup.   A lot of their players deserve better salaries IMO.   Was hoping they'd show it, and I think they did as they really did dominate the slight favorite Denmark.    It is what it is, but it's not over yet!  Always a chance lol!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/865737/value-of-the-national-teams-at-the-2018-world-cup/

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Well the sad part is although the Peruvian players are very good and highly skilled they are not considered a "talented" team.   They have the 3rd lowest Player value of all the teams in the world cup.   A lot of their players deserve better salaries IMO.   Was hoping they'd show it, and I think they did as they really did dominate the slight favorite Denmark.    It is what it is, but it's not over yet!  Always a chance lol!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/865737/value-of-the-national-teams-at-the-2018-world-cup/

Cool site, but did not have the chance to see what they mean in terms of player value in Euros.  Help a brotha out?  Asking for BGW.  He never gets anything. 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Gator that back heal attempt was so wicked.  The spin he got was superb.   Peru also had a pk airmailed.   I really hate that stutter step move.  At times I think it fakes out the shooter.  

Agreed on the stutter step in PK's.  I use to try and use the look one and lean one way and then go oppo upper or lower right side or vise versa.  Unless I hated the goalie in which case it was head hunting time. LOL

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Kane with the dagger in stoppage time.  England grabs 3 pts.   One more group to play with Colombia and Poland headlining and Russia faces Egypt in their game 2 of tourney tomorrow.  

We have all the screens here on our floor with FS1 on.  This has to be the lamest WC ever in terms of broadcasting.  You can not find it anywhere on the radio except here in Cali where one Spanish station has some games on.  Putin is once again showing chump who his pappy is.  lol

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

We have all the screens here on our floor with FS1 on.  This has to be the lamest WC ever in terms of broadcasting.  You can not find it anywhere on the radio except here in Cali where one Spanish station has some games on.  Putin is once again showing chump who his pappy is.  lol

If only Ray Hudson would do some games, but I guess he's under BEIN contract only.   He's the John Madden of soccer color commentating.   Knowledgeable and a vicious sense of humor and the accent just adds to the entertainment factor.  

image.png.bbb41b6a624af12e0224fbcd187050ed.png

Close battle so far :) .   Gator, well done today... you caught up fast.  Two more games for 16 total and first of three games for ea. country.  As long as Poland wins tomorrow I'll be happy no matter the other results.    @Rippers and @954gator, let me know your W-L records every 16 game round... currently I'm 9-5 (predicted Iran-Morocco draw wrong,  Germany loss and Argentina, Spain and Brazil draws also losses).  I've got Poland, Russia and Colombia win predictions (hope Salah can play for Egypt vs Russia, don't mind losing... would rather see a star play and entertain us).  

18 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

image.jpeg.7acba87cede2cff8cb631917073306d7.jpeg

For posting this pic you have now been subpoenaed to testify in front of  the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence: Subcommittee on Terrorism, Human Intelligence, Analysis, and Counterintelligence... @The Comish will be able to help you with the paperwork. 

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Cool site, but did not have the chance to see what they mean in terms of player value in Euros.  Help a brotha out?  Asking for BGW.  He never gets anything. 

Basically ranking teams by how much their players are worth to their club teams.   

image.thumb.png.82ed4d9c07c46b0a0fedc3992f283402.png

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Lol. I knew you weren't Mexican. Loves trump and hates soccer? You blew your cover vato.

I don’t love trump. In fact I don’t really like him as a person.

I am ethnicity Mexican. My father is from San Luis Obispo and my Mother is from Michoacán but raised in TJ...they both came to the  US in the late ‘70s. 

I wear a virgen de guadalupe belt buckle everyday, unless I’m wearing a suit at work...All of my kids have spanish names, including my son Matteo to honor our heritage. I study Latino and Maya cultures (my indigenous blood is mostly Maya, in fact my grandmother is so Maya she didn’t learn Spanish until she was in school).

even though I now live in Orange, I still go to church in Santa Ana and most of the masses I attend are in Spanish. 

I wear a Guayabera every Sunday and have made several pilgrimages to the tilma.

I haven been called a coconut my whole life and my response is always the same, I am sorry that I’m not a “true Mexican” to you, but I’m more then enough in me.

ps, soccer is boring and it was invited by the whitest people in the world...

the english

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

image.png.bbb41b6a624af12e0224fbcd187050ed.png

Close battle so far :) .   Gator, well done today... you caught up fast.  Two more games for 16 total and first of three games for ea. country.  As long as Poland wins tomorrow I'll be happy no matter the other results.    @Rippers and @954gator, let me know your W-L records every 16 game round... currently I'm 9-5 (predicted Iran-Morocco draw wrong,  Germany loss and Argentina, Spain and Brazil draws also losses).  I've got Poland, Russia and Colombia win predictions (hope Salah can play for Egypt vs Russia, don't mind losing... would rather see a star play and entertain us).  

I have Poland winning but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Senegal pulls it off.  

5 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I don’t love trump. In fact I don’t really like him as a person.

I am ethnicity Mexican. My father is from San Luis Obispo and my Mother is from Michoacán but raised in TJ...they both came to the  US in the late ‘70s. 

I wear a virgen de guadalupe belt buckle everyday, unless I’m wearing a suit at work...All of my kids have spanish names, including my son Matteo to honor our heritage. I study Latino and Maya cultures (my indigenous blood is mostly Maya, in fact my grandmother is so Maya she didn’t learn Spanish until she was in school).

even though I now live in Orange, I still go to church in Santa Ana and most of the masses I attend are in Spanish. 

I wear a Guayabera every Sunday and have made several pilgrimages to the tilma.

I haven been called a coconut my whole life and my response is always the same, I am sorry that I’m not a “true Mexican” to you, but I’m more then enough in me.

ps, soccer is boring and it was invited by the whitest people in the world...

the english

Lol dang homie. It was just a joke. Busting balls. Sheesh.

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

I have Poland winning but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Senegal pulls it off.  

The entire group took a change 3 minutes into Colombia Japan with a blatant hand ball to save a goal and immediate red card for Colombia and being down 1-0, but Colombia executed a free kick goal by a lefty rip low that crossed the line by about a foot.  1-1 at the half.  Down a man, Colombia is at 48 pct possession and hanging tough.