MaxPreps Pre-Season National Top 25

Extremely Humble

7 hours ago, Ararar said:

What the actual hell are you talking about? You do realize SJB has a roster of 105 as we speak and will probably dress 75-80 on game day.Those 5-10 transfers also leave you do realize.No depth isn’t the reason it’s the miles traveling that affects a team more.GA and TX don’t understand that as well as the rest of the power states.

So I'll pose to you the same question I did to Guccifer.  Of those 105, how much of it is quality depth. You know, how many in the second rotation will be next year's starters. How many are 3 and 4 stars laying in wait in your opinion?

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Lmao.

Ask him why Columbia lost to Lincoln in the playoffs last year and he'll tell you because Lowndes wont play good FL teams OOS.

Lowndes does play the team that knocked Columbia off though... So if Lowndes wins we know theyd beat Columbia at the very least.

1 try out of 5 

Watch what happens this year 

Better yet what happens when we beat your favorite ass kiss FL team bartram trail, i guarantee we will beat them just like we did in the spring

6 hours ago, Horsefly said:

What is we don't understand in TX?  What's worse, a 3-4 mile bus ride one way for a game or traveling by air for a few hours?  Travel is travel.  

All travel isn’t equal just like all opponents are not equal.Traveling to Florida,California isn’t the same as going to Oklahoma and New Mexico.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Any normal person? Or any fan boy? Ive travelled all over the United States and have never noticed my athletic ability to diminish in certain areas over others.

People have just make this excuse over and over, now everybody reaches for it. 

Apparently bus trips make it harder to catch a football? Or to run? Or remember plays? 

Stupid argument.... And one people looking to make an excuse reach for.

Im not saying home cooking doesnt happen... But theres nothing you can point to in that game that says Colquitt received any beneficial calls. Its iust that this excuse has been so widely used, others reach for it themselves as a reason a game was closer than it shouldve been, or was won by the other team.

Apparently you arent smart enough to seperate Rabs arguments and everyone elses arguments. Thats your fault. 

The only thing about that game is, Colquitt missed 3 FGs their Kicker would never miss now... He was a sophomore that game and for some reason couldnt kick the ball through the uprights.

So you think colquitt would have bussed to South Florida and won without their home field advantage 

Sure whatever,  believe whatever the hell you want

I don't care

Just like you are going to use one win for Lincoln over us to justify them being good while completely ignoring how until that one 3 point win last year we were 4-1 against them since 2013 including 4 wins in their own house 

Hell we beat them by 37 points at their place in a playoff game just 3 years ago

But of course one win by 3 points means everything and every previous win means nothing, what a load of bullshit 

34 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So I'll pose to you the same question I did to Guccifer.  Of those 105, how much of it is quality depth. You know, how many in the second rotation will be next year's starters. How many are 3 and 4 stars laying in wait in your opinion?

Next years class has one 4* and six 3* athletes.You don’t get 50 college coaches showing up at your college show case practice because you have no depth

50 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Next years class has one 4* and six 3* athletes.You don’t get 50 college coaches showing up at your college show case practice because you have no depth

Ok so we can consider them a great depth school then. 

We got them covered. What about the rest? 

Edit: can we confirm that those kids are second on the depth chart? Or are they starters? I had to think about that for a minute. I'm talking about second rotation that will be next years starters. Not next year's class that are already starters. 

Hard to believe there is a 4 star and 6 3 stars riding the pine in transfer valley over there. 

59 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So you think colquitt would have bussed to South Florida and won without their home field advantage 

Sure whatever,  believe whatever the hell you want

I don't care

Just like you are going to use one win for Lincoln over us to justify them being good while completely ignoring how until that one 3 point win last year we were 4-1 against them since 2013 including 4 wins in their own house 

Hell we beat them by 37 points at their place in a playoff game just 3 years ago

But of course one win by 3 points means everything and every previous win means nothing, what a load of bullshit 

Damn, Columbia calm the fook down... you gonna coronary before you're eligible to purchase a handgun.

Maybe if you methodically list the head to head and doing so dispassionately it will put all to rest.

Just a thought.

BGW

10 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Damn, Columbia calm the fook down... you gonna coronary before you're eligible to purchase a handgun.

Maybe if you methodically list the head to head and doing so dispassionately it will put all to rest.

Just a thought.

BGW

Our results versus Lincoln since 2013 (including locations)

Winners in bold

2013 @Lincoln  28-14 Columbia

2014 @Columbia 10-7 Lincoln

2015 @Lincoln 23-14 Columbia

2015 (Playoffs) @Lincoln 57-20 Columbia

2016 (Playoffs) @Lincoln 35-28 Columbia

2017 (Playoffs) @Lincoln 36-33 Lincoln 

Lincoln is 2-4 since 2013 and their 2 wins are by a combined 6 points or a average of 3 points per game 

Columbia is 4-2 since 2013 including all 4 wins being on the road at Gene Cox Stadium 

Columbia's 4 wins are by a combined margin of 67 points, or a average of 16.75 points per game margin so basically 17 points

But ECHS thinks Lincoln is better because of 1 win, laughable 

Btw someone should tell maxpreps to fix that result of Lincoln from last year 

The score is right but it never went to OT 

I was there watching the game,  I would have remembered a OT game 

We were driving into field goal range TO put it into OT but on our field goal attempt the snap went over the kicker and holders head to end the game

Never went to OT, now i know why people kept making the assumption it was a OT game 

Only shows the difference between people actually at the game and therefore know what they are talking about and who wasn't at the game and don't know jack shit about it 

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Winners in bold

Lincoln is 2-4 since 2013 and their 2 wins are by a combined 6 points or a average of 3 points per game 

Columbia is 4-2 since 2013 including all 4 wins being on the road at Gene Cox Stadium 

Columbia's 4 wins are by a combined margin of 67 points, or a average of 16.75 points per game margin so basically 17 points

Now that is a fine piece of work, nobody can argue against it unless baiting you into a war of words.

ECHS05 has an agenda, I'm seeing it, ECHS05's body of work is not as pristine as he would have you believe.

Problem is the agenda is cloudy and doesn't make sense.

It should be cut and dried.

Regards,

BGW

16 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Again i respect how colquitt builds up from within,  we did similar route to building Columbia up in the 90s and made it to state finals as the smallest school in 6a (largest class at the time)  off of entirely home grown talent and came 3 points from beating a team ranked best in Florida and i believe top 10 in nation that year

But again I'm sick of listening to people try to twist close losses into wins 

Do you not see the irony and contradiction between these two statements?  You are building up your team which lost and then turning around and saying you are sick of people trying to turn close losses into wins.  While you aren't claiming a win you are claiming greatness.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Btw someone should tell maxpreps to fix that result of Lincoln from last year 

The score is right but it never went to OT 

I was there watching the game,  I would have remembered a OT game 

We were driving into field goal range TO put it into OT but on our field goal attempt the snap went over the kicker and holders head to end the game

Never went to OT, now i know why people kept making the assumption it was a OT game 

Only shows the difference between people actually at the game and therefore know what they are talking about and who wasn't at the game and don't know jack shit about it 

MaxPreps is rife with errors, sad really.

BGW

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Winners in bold

17 point average vs 3 point average 

So a 2 td average in Columbia's favor since 2013, but of course Lincoln is a better team according to ECHS 😂 

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Do you not see the irony and contradiction between these two statements?  You are building up your team which lost and then turning around and saying you are sick of people trying to turn close losses into wins.  While you aren't claiming a win you are claiming greatness.

Hahaha... it's hard being dispassionate, ain't it? Especially this Columbia youngster.

BGW

1 minute ago, Fred said:

I never claimed we won the game against Lincoln last year 

If i was i would have not included the losses in my argument

However ECHS wants to claim Lincoln is better because of one win that fits his agenda,  so i destroyed it by showing the trend instead of nitpicking one result to pretend I'm right

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:
4 minutes ago, Fred said:

However ECHS wants to claim Lincoln is better because of one win that fits his agenda,  so i destroyed it by showing the trend instead of nitpicking one result to pretend I'm right

Uh son, you need to read the whole comment before responding.  Or read for understanding and not just responding.  I said you weren't claiming a win.

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Now that is a fine piece of work, nobody can argue against it unless baiting you into a war of words.

ECHS05 has an agenda, I'm seeing it, ECHS05's body of work is not as pristine as he would have you believe.

Problem is the agenda is cloudy and doesn't make sense.

It should be cut and dried.

Regards,

BGW

He's trying to make lowndes look like they tough scheduling by playing a team that it took 5 tries against us since 2013 to finally win A SINGLE HOME GAME 

Then he going to claim that lowndes beating lincoln THIS YEAR proves that lowndes is better for us

Yet he forgets we have a heavy chance to play Lincoln this year so his argument only has grounds if we lose again and lowndes wins,  otherwise his argument proves nothing 

Just now, Fred said:

Uh son, you need to read the whole comment before responding.  Or read for understanding and not just responding.  I said you weren't claiming a win.

I read that part

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That was my response 

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

How exactly am i claiming greatness? Explain that

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

He's trying to make lowndes look like they tough scheduling by playing a team that it took 5 tries against us since 2013 to finally win A SINGLE HOME GAME 

Then he going to claim that lowndes beating lincoln THIS YEAR proves that lowndes is better for us

Yet he forgets we have a heavy chance to play Lincoln this year so his argument only has grounds if we lose again and lowndes wins,  otherwise his argument proves nothing 

Copy.

BGW

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:
16 minutes ago, Fred said:

How exactly am i claiming greatness? Explain that

If you can't see it, I don't know how to explain it.  You said you were the smallest team and home grown and yet you came within 3 points of beating the number one team in the state and top 10 in the nation.  That's called building up your team and claiming greatness.  If you still don't get it, ok.  I don't have time to explain it more.  Got a plane to catch.

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

All travel isn’t equal just like all opponents are not equal.Traveling to Florida,California isn’t the same as going to Oklahoma and New Mexico.

I’m talking on the road instate. As an example desoto plays Permian for the first time ever taking a 700 mile rd trip bus ride is stressful, period. 

Long travel like this happens during the playoffs and teams spend the night on the road too.  That’s stressful in many ways. 

1 minute ago, Fred said:

If you can't see it, I don't know how to explain it.  You said you were the smallest team and home grown and yet you came within 3 points of beating the number one team in the state and top 10 in the nation.  That's called building up your team and claiming greatness.  If you still don't get it, ok.  I don't have time to explain it more.  Got a plane to catch.

Yeah because i want to spend effort building up greatness from a team 21 years ago

If i wanted to build greatness for that team i would have made a seperate thread for it,  the point of my statement is explaining why i respect colquitt 

Smh even when i compliment the GA schools you all still complain,  no winning with anyone is there? 

19 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m talking on the road instate. As an example desoto plays Permian for the first time ever taking a 700 mile rd trip bus ride is stressful, period. 

Long travel like this happens during the playoffs and teams spend the night on the road too.  That’s stressful in many ways. 

Ok I agree with that but I’m talking on the national scale