MaxPreps Pre-Season National Top 25

Extremely Humble

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is at least some data to back up my claims. 

No there isn't.

You just claimed that since Colquitt lost close to AHP that....depth!

There's no logical connection whatsoever between that result and depth. You just inserted your opinion with no good evidence.

It's called confirmation bias. You had a preconceived notion about depth and so when you got a certain result you just chalked it up to your preconceived, and unsupported, notion.

4 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

No there isn't.

You just claimed that since Colquitt lost close to AHP that....depth!

There's no logical connection whatsoever between that result and depth. You just inserted your opinion with no good evidence.

It's called confirmation bias. You had a preconceived notion about depth and so when you got a certain result you just chalked it up to your preconceived, and unsupported, notion.

So then a down Colquitt fresh off of geaduating 23 kids that play on Saturdays, is good enough to stay within a field goal of number 5 in the nation?

I will certainly accept that, if that is what you are insinuating. Of course, if that is true, then no other team should even be close to Colquitt in the MNC argument this season. xD

If that isn't what you are insinuating, then, what is that result due to if not depth?

You must be a special kind of stupid. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So then a down Colquitt fresh off of geaduating 23 kids that play on Saturdays, is good enough to stay within a field goal of number 5 in the nation?

No, they weren't the #5 team in the nation.

And the game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

American Heritage is overrated. That team had 5 wins by one score. Ponte Vedra played them tougher than Colquitt did for christsakes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I will certainly accept that, if that is what you are insinuating. Of course, if that is true, then no other team should even be close to Colquitt in the MNC argument this season. xD

No you're just a silly homer who has no clue about how to evaluate these things.

• Northwesern
  • Cardinal Gibbons
  • Tampa Jesuit
  • Ponte Vedra

All played American Heritage within one score.

And not one of them had home field and home referee advantage.

Yet somehow your silly ass thinks that only Colquitt and their magical depth could've pulled off such a remarkable feat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If that isn't what you are insinuating, then, what is that result due to if not depth?

See, when confronted with even the most minor of push-back you resort to rhetorical questions because you don't have any support for you claims.

You'd make a really good Seventh Day Adventist.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You must be a special kind of stupid. 

They wouldn't have been within a field goal if they had to bus down to SFL and deal with the home cooking colquitt got

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So then a down Colquitt fresh off of geaduating 23 kids that play on Saturdays

....followed up two undefeated seasons by going 19-9 over the next two seasons with their fantastic "depth" filling in.

They started 0-4.

Won nothing of note and beat nobody of note that first season.

Care to wager how Mater Dei's and St. John Bosco's replacements will do this year and next?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

....followed up two undefeated seasons by going 19-9 over the next two seasons with their fantastic "depth" filling in.

They started 0-4.

Won nothing of note and beat nobody of note that first season.

Care to wager how Mater Dei's and St. John Bosco's replacements will do this year and next?

If we are talking about their 2's that equate to their current depth, and not transfers...sure. 

Thing is. They don't have the quality depth. It's all bullshit. If they did, they wouldn't get 5 to 10 transfers in. 

How many three and four star players in waiting do they have in their second rotation? How about the third rotation?

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Can you point to any specific examples of home cooking? I assume you're referring to the refs calling the game in favor of Colquitt when you say that.

Don't need to 

Any normal person would be able to realize that a team taking a bus from broward county all the way up to moultrie and playing in a hostile environment on a field and in a Stadium they have never played in would without a doubt make winning and winning convincingly much harder then if colquitt had to travel to SFL 

Colquitt is a very well run program but I'm sick of listening to rab acting like colquitt got screwed and they were better then AHP just because the game ended with a close score and this proves GA is the greatest and FL is garbage bullshit he tries to convince people 

Colquitt had every advantage possible at home but still lost,  take it on the chin and move on

But apparently by rabs logic a close loss is really a win and proves GA is superior to FL 

Can you not see the nonsense in rabs stance now?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Don't need to 

Any normal person would be able to realize that a team taking a bus from broward county all the way up to moultrie and playing in a hostile environment on a field and in a Stadium they have never played in would without a doubt make winning and winning convincingly much harder then if colquitt had to travel to SFL 

Colquitt is a very well run program but I'm sick of listening to rab acting like colquitt got screwed and they were better then AHP just because the game ended with a close score and this proves GA is the greatest and FL is garbage bullshit he tries to convince people 

Colquitt had every advantage possible at home but still lost,  take it on the chin and move on

But apparently by rabs logic a close loss is really a win and proves GA is superior to FL 

We all take what Rab says with a grain of salt. You unfortunately take it to heart.

You state that AHP would beat us easily if played down there due to home cooking.

It's pretty clear that AHP wasn't head and shoulders above a depleted Colquitt roster after graduating 23 seniors who signed college scholarships.

You're inferiority complex is off the charts.

We all take what Rab says with a grain of salt. You unfortunately take it to heart.

You state that AHP would beat us easily if played down there due to home cooking.

It's pretty clear that AHP wasn't head and shoulders above a depleted Colquitt roster after graduating 23 seniors who signed college scholarships.

You're inferiority complex is off the charts.

That doesn't mean colquitt was better than them or that GA is better than FL 

Again i respect how colquitt builds up from within,  we did similar route to building Columbia up in the 90s and made it to state finals as the smallest school in 6a (largest class at the time)  off of entirely home grown talent and came 3 points from beating a team ranked best in Florida and i believe top 10 in nation that year 

But again I'm sick of listening to people try to twist close losses into wins 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

That doesn't mean colquitt was better than them or that GA is better than FL 

Again i respect how colquitt builds up from within,  we did similar route to building Columbia up in the 90s and made it to state finals as the smallest school in 6a (largest class at the time)  off of entirely home grown talent and came 3 points from beating a team ranked best in Florida and i believe top 10 in nation that year 

But again I'm sick of listening to people try to twist close losses into wins 

I never stated Colquitt was better than AHP or GA as whole is better.

With the difference in talent and a depleted 5 loss team, I expected AHP to win more convincingly. They were Top 10 in the country and escaped due to 3 missed FGs. It was a loss nonetheless.

To me, that speaks volumes to the quality of football played here when that same Colquitt team was beaten 4 other times in state (2 times by 4 TDs) and was put out in the quarterfinals.

Stop letting Rab batter your pysche.

I never stated Colquitt was better than AHP or GA as whole is better.

With the difference in talent and a depleted 5 loss team, I expected AHP to win more convincingly. They were Top 10 in the country and escaped due to 3 missed FGs. It was a loss nonetheless.

To me, that speaks volumes to the quality of football played here when that same Colquitt team was beaten 4 other times in state (2 times by 4 TDs) and was put out in the quarterfinals.

Stop letting Rab batter your pysche.

He's trying to argue with Rab when Rab isn't even involved in the discussion. xD

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

You must be under the mistaken impression that any of us think *anything* Rab says has any substance.  Okay, occasionally with he is in one of his better moods (IKR).

Anyway, either Colquitt's depth kept them in a game with a top 10 in the country team, or, that team wasn't top 10 as Guccifer says.

Either way my argument is still pretty solid. 

I contend that teams with pretty rosters are receiving elevated rankings above and beyond depth teams, and that this phenomenon is also causing issues with the S.O.S. ratings that teams receive for playing these pretty roster schools. 

Combined, these issues are distorting the polls imo. It's evidenced by numerous pretty roster teams riding high having not played any of the top depth schools. 

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He's trying to argue with Rab when Rab isn't even involved in the discussion. xD

Lmao.

Ask him why Columbia lost to Lincoln in the playoffs last year and he'll tell you because Lowndes wont play good FL teams OOS.

Lowndes does play the team that knocked Columbia off though... So if Lowndes wins we know theyd beat Columbia at the very least.

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If we are talking about their 2's that equate to their current depth, and not transfers...sure. 

Thing is. They don't have the quality depth. It's all bullshit. If they did, they wouldn't get 5 to 10 transfers in. 

How many three and four star players in waiting do they have in their second rotation? How about the third rotation?

What the actual hell are you talking about? You do realize SJB has a roster of 105 as we speak and will probably dress 75-80 on game day.Those 5-10 transfers also leave you do realize.No depth isn’t the reason it’s the miles traveling that affects a team more.GA and TX don’t understand that as well as the rest of the power states.

10 hours ago, Guccifer said:

What ass are you pulling this Colquitt depth from?

A rural public school in a one-school county somehow has more depth than some of the best teams in modern high school football history?

Mater Dei's 1's would beat Colquitt's.

Mater Dei's 2's would beat Colquitt's.

Mater Dei's JV would beat Colquitt's.

That's disrespectful but funny LMAO 

16 minutes ago, Ararar said:

What the actual hell are you talking about? You do realize SJB has a roster of 105 as we speak and will probably dress 75-80 on game day.Those 5-10 transfers also leave you do realize.No depth isn’t the reason it’s the miles traveling that affects a team more.GA and TX don’t understand that as well as the rest of the power states.

What is we don't understand in TX?  What's worse, a 3-4 mile bus ride one way for a game or traveling by air for a few hours?  Travel is travel.  

12 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Don't need to 

Any normal person? Or any fan boy? Ive travelled all over the United States and have never noticed my athletic ability to diminish in certain areas over others.

People have just make this excuse over and over, now everybody reaches for it. 

Apparently bus trips make it harder to catch a football? Or to run? Or remember plays? 

Stupid argument.... And one people looking to make an excuse reach for.

Im not saying home cooking doesnt happen... But theres nothing you can point to in that game that says Colquitt received any beneficial calls. Its iust that this excuse has been so widely used, others reach for it themselves as a reason a game was closer than it shouldve been, or was won by the other team.

Apparently you arent smart enough to seperate Rabs arguments and everyone elses arguments. Thats your fault. 

The only thing about that game is, Colquitt missed 3 FGs their Kicker would never miss now... He was a sophomore that game and for some reason couldnt kick the ball through the uprights.

15 hours ago, Guccifer said:

Grayson lost by three scores at home.

Theres a lot that goes into a football game, its not all black & white ... As you should know Ive seen you twist yourself in knots explaining why STA really didnt lose to DBP 24-7

Graysons 1st game of the season (vs IMGs 2nd), with a new HC with a completely different style than the HC before, with a good number of new starters. They were also missing their 4* ILB Breon Dixon which would turn out to be important considering the WAY IMG would win that game.

Grayson also almost lost to McEachern the next week, a last minute INT and last second FG won that game for Grayson. After that, Grayson pretty much dominated until the State Title game.

Grayson vs IMG pretty much came down to 1 single play. A Grayson fumble inside IMGs 10 when Grayson was up 7-0.

15 hours ago, Guccifer said:

What ass are you pulling this Colquitt depth from?

A rural public school in a one-school county somehow has more depth than some of the best teams in modern high school football history?

Mater Dei's 1's would beat Colquitt's.

Mater Dei's 2's would beat Colquitt's.

Mater Dei's JV would beat Colquitt's.

Based on what?

Mater Deis ONE good season? 2017 was an elite team. 2016 was a pretty good team. Before that they were just another team on the fringe. Having 1 elite season doesnt mean all THAT much. Before 2016 Mater Dei was just another team,