MaxPreps Pre-Season National Top 25

Extremely Humble

27 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m talking on the road instate. As an example desoto plays Permian for the first time ever taking a 700 mile rd trip bus ride is stressful, period. 

Long travel like this happens during the playoffs and teams spend the night on the road too.  That’s stressful in many ways. 

700 miles on a bus would probably feel like a oos game

But that's what happens when the state is so large as TX is

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Based on what?

Based on the exact same amount of evidence that was presented to prove that Colquitt had depth.

And also that Mater Dei was a buzzsaw that only played their starters for 2.5 quarters a game and therefore had tons of reps for their 2's and 3's.

Colquitt failed to put a running clock in 13 of their 15 games. They lost 4 games overall and were scrambling to either come back or win a lot of close games.

Where the hell were their backups and "depth" getting any reps in this scenario?

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So I'll pose to you the same question I did to Guccifer.  Of those 105, how much of it is quality depth. 

They are a program in talent rich county.

They blowout a lot of teams and get reps for a lot of their backups.

Again, what ass are you pulling this analysis from?

It's one of the stupidest things that anybody has ever said on this forum and there's a lot of competition for that title.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You know, how many in the second rotation will be next year's starters. How many are 3 and 4 stars laying in wait in your opinion?

Their 2's and 3's play more meaningful snaps than Colquitt's.

And their successor teams (2016, 2017, 2018) win more games and more championships than Colquitt's do.

20 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

HAHA!

It was very easy to move Hawg of of his spectacularly dumb stance.

I’m going to agree here.Im sure Colquitt plays a lot of kids but their team isn’t on par with the MD,SJB and BG of the world.These teams are elite and crush most teams which allows for plenty of playing time for all which cultivates their depth

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I’m going to agree here.Im sure Colquitt plays a lot of kids but their team isn’t on par with the MD,SJB and BG of the world.These teams are elite and crush most teams which allows for plenty of playing time for all which cultivates their depth

Sir....how do you know?

Aren't you just giving your opine?

Rufus>>

45 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Of course there are nuances, but I don’t think it all that much matters crossing over an imaginary state line. It’s all ground and territory. 

It’s all ground and territory that Texas never crosses so we have no idea the effect.I believe if Trinity played Bellevue in Texas they win that game just like I believe if Trinity played DLS in California they lose

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

It’s all ground and territory that Texas never crosses so we have no idea the effect.I believe if Trinity played Bellevue in Texas they win that game just like I believe if Trinity played DLS in California they lose

Texas would win some and lose some just like they do here in Tx.  It really is not any more complicated than that. 

23 minutes ago, Ararar said:

If the consensus is my opinion than yes

You didn't answer before on my edit.

You say that there is a 4 star and six 3 stars players that are juniors.

Are they on the second rotation? Or are they current starters? 

Again, if they are second rotation sitting behind others then I bow to SJB's immense depth. I doubt they are "depth" players though. I would be amazed if that many star guys are sitting in second rotation. 

After all of that, there is no proof your depth is any better than Colquitt's. 

So here we are. In the end of ends, guy tried to pull a quick one on me. 

Saying a 4 star guy and 6 3 star guys in next year's class equates to more depth. I don't think those guys are depth guys. Not in the land of transfers. There aren't that many guys with that many stars on their recruiting profiles coming in as fill ins for the starters. 

I call bullshit. 

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So here we are. In the end of ends, guy tried to pull a quick one on me. 

Saying a 4 star guy and 6 3 star guys in next year's class equates to more depth. I don't think those guys are depth guys. Not in the land of transfers. There aren't that many guys with that many stars on their recruiting profiles coming in as fill ins for the starters. 

I call bullshit. 

Good lord Hawg, were they starting last year as sophomores to? Just stop.Im sure a few will start this year but not all and I didn’t even list 2* kids

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Whose consensus?

Cali's consensus?

Durn sure ain't my consensus.

Anybody can beat anybody...if they don't actually play them.

Rufus>>

Of course 

Just like saying lowndes could beat the 72 dolphins in their prime just because they don't play

Only problem is most people will think you on drugs 😂 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You didn't answer before on my edit.

You say that there is a 4 star and six 3 stars players that are juniors.

Are they on the second rotation? Or are they current starters? 

Again, if they are second rotation sitting behind others then I bow to SJB's immense depth. I doubt they are "depth" players though. I would be amazed if that many star guys are sitting in second rotation. 

After all of that, there is no proof your depth is any better than Colquitt's. 

Since when does stars prove depth

Stars are based on college potential not high school ability

That's why we have seen unranked players become successful before while 5 stars turned into busts 

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Since when does stars prove depth

Stars are based on college potential not high school ability

That's why we have seen unranked players become successful before while 5 stars turned into busts 

They don't prove depth. But for the sake of this debate, it's all we have to go by. 

Fella is trying to tell me that SJB has a 4 star and 6 3 stars sat on the bench waiting to come in for relief of the starters. 

xD

Then telling me to stop. Dammit man. 

Anyway, everyone is trying to move me off of my original contention that depth schools (generally the large publics) are mostly undervalued in the polls. 

I never claimed Colquitt would beat SJB or MD at all, which seems to be what these guys are arguing that I'm saying. 

Let me type it out very slow for the dense and weary...

T h e   d e p t h   s c h o o l s 

(  g e n e r a l l y )  t h e   l a r g e

p u b l i c s ,   a r e   m o s t l y   

u n d e r v a l u e d   i n   t h e   p o l l s. 

D e p t h  ,  i n  m y  o p i n i o n 

t r u m p s   t a l e n t  o v e r   t h e  

c o u r s e    o f   a  g a m e   w h e n   

b o t h    t e a m s   h a v e   g o o d

s t a r t e r s.

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They don't prove depth. But for the sake of this debate, it's all we have to go by. 

Fella is trying to tell me that SJB has a 4 star and 6 3 stars sat on the bench waiting to come in for relief of the starters. 

xD

Then telling me to stop. Dammit man. 

Anyway, everyone is trying to move me off of my original contention that depth schools (generally the large publics) are mostly undervalued in the polls. 

I never claimed Colquitt would beat SJB or MD at all, which seems to be what these guys are arguing that I'm saying. 

Let me type it out very slow for the dense and weary...

T h e   d e p t h   s c h o o l s 

(  g e n e r a l l y )  t h e   l a r g e

p u b l i c s ,   a r e   m o s t l y   

u n d e r v a l u e d   i n   t h e   p o l l s. 

D e p t h  ,  i n  m y  o p i n i o n 

t r u m p s   t a l e n t  o v e r   t h e  

c o u r s e    o f   a  g a m e   w h e n   

b o t h    t e a m s   h a v e   g o o d

s t a r t e r s.

A pool could be deep but if all the water is junk it doesn’t matter how deep the pool is...

C2835043-0E1A-4671-AA28-5305775D26C6.jpeg

23 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyway, either Colquitt's depth kept them in a game with a top 10 in the country team, or, that team wasn't top 10 as Guccifer says.

Either way my argument is still pretty solid. 

I contend that teams with pretty rosters are receiving elevated rankings above and beyond depth teams, and that this phenomenon is also causing issues with the S.O.S. ratings that teams receive for playing these pretty roster schools. 

Combined, these issues are distorting the polls imo. It's evidenced by numerous pretty roster teams riding high having not played any of the top depth schools. 

Can you give me 2 examples of a team being ranked becasue their team is "pretty", but lacks depth?  And 2 vice versa?  I think this would be a better way to approach what your thinking.

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Based on what?

Mater Deis ONE good season? 2017 was an elite team. 2016 was a pretty good team. Before that they were just another team on the fringe. Having 1 elite season doesnt mean all THAT much. Before 2016 Mater Dei was just another team,

I know even you don't really believe this.