MaxPreps Pre-Season National Top 25

Extremely Humble

39 minutes ago, THS2011 said:

They should reverse Archer and Colquitt. I'm not sure Archer will have the offense to stay up with the other 4 of Colquitt, Marietta, Grayson and North Gwinnett.

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They should reverse Archer and Colquitt. I'm not sure Archer will have the offense to stay up with the other 4 of Colquitt, Marietta, Grayson and North Gwinnett.

Pretty much agree.

Archers Junior QB Carter Peevy will be going into his 3rd year as a starter, thatll help. And 5* CB Andrew Booth will be a very good WR also...

But, their offense has just been a bit lacking since their OC from 2014 (and before) left... hes now the HC at Athens Academy and took them to the 1A Private State Title last year.

Anyway, they had a ton of offensive talent in 2015 also, and just never did much with it. Their offense needs a jolt.

Walton is a wild card... they essentially bring back all their skill guys on both sides. They lose all their linemen on both sides also though... so who knows. Theyll be a force again.

15 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Narbonne?  They are stacked!  Folsom, as we know would run ga. Including all your colleges not named UofA. 

Narbonne Top 25 is a stretch...

Folsoms trash. Maybe not trash, but the new most overrated team in America. Strange how the old & new most overrated teams in America are both from NorCal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Folsoms trash. Maybe not trash, but the new most overrated team in America. Strange how the old & new most overrated teams in America are both from NorCal.

"Trash" is an interesting word choice for a team you ranked in the top 50. Most of the major polls so far are ranking Folsom high and you think it's for no reason? They're loaded you moron. They have one of the best offenses in the country. I understand that you put your blood, sweat and tears into your rankings and you're trying you're trying your little heart out to be a hsfb guru but if you're going to act the part at least do a little more research then just listening to Sammy spew trash because his team fell off the face of the planet.

#devil 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Strange how the old & new most overrated teams in America are both from NorCal.

The hate is real. 

NorCal is the center of the HSFB world  

We’ve got the largest national site dedicated to HSFB, Maxpreps

The team with the greatest winning streak, DLS

The GOAT, Tom Brady, played HSFB in NorCal

The best player in the NFL, Aaron Rodgers, played HSFB in NorCal   

When it comes to HSFB, NorCal is the center of the universe, so of course we should have the most overrated teams  we have everything HSFB related  😎

P.S. Troll game is 🔥 today

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

"Trash" is an interesting word choice for a team you ranked in the top 50. Most of the major polls so far are ranking Folsom high and you think it's for no reason? They're loaded you moron. They have one of the best offenses in the country. I understand that you put your blood, sweat and tears into your rankings and you're trying you're trying your little heart out to be a hsfb guru but if you're going to act the part at least do a little more research then just listening to Sammy spew trash because his team fell off the face of the planet.

#devil 

In about a month we will see

actually hope to see the game😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

#devil 

They arent that loaded. Theres many teams with as much, and more talent then Folsom.

Folsoms not trash, clearly. But overrated? Abso-freaking-lutely. They havent beaten anyone! Their best win is freaking Helix by 7 points. HELIX. They are getting attention from these polls because they beat HELIX. Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

--- ok, if they beat DLS and Chaminade. Ill give them the respect they deserve. But that havent beaten anybody. Just the same teams thatve been losing to DLS 30+ years. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Shit list. Why even make it?

It's already pre-ordained that the fake NC will come down to IMG, STA, MD, or SJB.

I disagree. I see paths for many of the top 15 to get to an MNC. St. John's College, IMO, is a good example. They totally control their destiny. Win out and there is a good shot for them. Same with Miami Central, win out against their slate of games and they are in the conversation. 

• Like 1

I think I have to agree with 181.

It's down to about four teams, all private schools with a stacked roster and no depth. 

I think the pollsters are placing far too much emphasis on talent and forgetting that depth can in fact trump talent. 

It's obvious year after year.

The rankings are pretty much a farce due to that imo. We aren't seeing these small roster stacked privates playing the best depth squads. They are mostly playing all among themselves and all of their rankings are elevated due to that. 

Rankings elevated in the preseason equals higher finishes and MNC's if they don't just bomb. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I have to agree with 181.

It's down to about four teams, all private schools with a stacked roster and no depth. 

I think the pollsters are placing far too much emphasis on talent and forgetting that depth can in fact trump talent. 

It's obvious year after year.

The rankings are pretty much a farce due to that imo. We aren't seeing these small roster stacked privates playing the best depth squads. They are mostly playing all among themselves and all of their rankings are elevated due to that. 

Rankings elevated in the preseason equals higher finishes and MNC's if they don't just bomb. 

Ok, let me give another example. What happens if Grayson bests BC and follows that up by beating Marrietta. Marrietta for their part goes on and beats Good Counsel and St. John's. Grayson wins out and St. John's, BC and Good Counsel play have strong performances against their schedule. Let's even go another step further and say Grayson goes to the Geico Championship Series and wins, where do you put Grayson. 

My point is, I can see several scenarios playing out for a number of these teams. What if Cardinal Gibbons has a great showing against Miami Central and Central rattles off wins against STA, St. John's and Carol City. Then say Cardinal Gibbons beats Milton and Milton has a nice run in the playoffs. Then say Cardinal Gibbons handles AHP and AHP lights up St. Joes.

Mater Dei could lose to BG and BG could lose to Orem who could lose to Bingham who could lose to East who could lose to Allen

There are so many factors out there that can change the course of the season, to say that the MNC is only down to those 4 is narrow sighted, IMO. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Ok, let me give another example. What happens if Grayson bests BC and follows that up by beating Marrietta. Marrietta for their part goes on and beats Good Counsel and St. John's. Grayson wins out and St. John's, BC and Good Counsel play have strong performances against their schedule. Let's even go another step further and say Grayson goes to the Geico Championship Series and wins, where do you put Grayson. 

My point is, I can see several scenarios playing out for a number of these teams. What if Cardinal Gibbons has a great showing against Miami Central and Central rattles off wins against STA, St. John's and Carol City. Then say Cardinal Gibbons beats Milton and Milton has a nice run in the playoffs. Then say Cardinal Gibbons handles AHP and AHP lights up St. Joes.

Mater Dei could lose to BG and BG could lose to Orem who could lose to Bingham who could lose to East who could lose to Allen

There are so many factors out there that can change the course of the season, to say that the MNC is only down to those 4 is narrow sighted, IMO. 

There is some scenarios that possibly get a few other teams in the convo, but, a Mater Dei or IMG win out and all it'll be for those others is conversation. 

Conversation is good. Don't get me wrong. It seems like the gap is widening in talent and ability to be jet set with small rosters and that is rewarding talent with little depth over teams with huge depth and less ability to be jet set. 

It is what it is. Without a change in the way pollsters are thinking and viewing strength of schedule and talent, I think the trend will continue to be a few teams with a real chance and the others just being conversation. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Check out the big brain on Prep....

I aspire to be Prep. 

Regards

BGW

48 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

What happens if Grayson bests BC and follows that up by beating Marrietta. Marrietta for their part goes on and beats Good Counsel and St. John's. Grayson wins out and St. John's, BC and Good Counsel play have strong performances against their schedule. Let's even go another step further and say Grayson goes to the Geico Championship Series and wins, where do you put Grayson. 

Clearly you put them on top, anoint them the Greatest Team of All Time and since no one will ever, ever, EVER be as good again, close down all the ranking services and abandon any future thought of awarding a future MNC.

Sounds about right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

Shit list. Why even make it?

It's already pre-ordained that the fake NC will come down to IMG, STA, MD, or SJB.

If St John's or Miami Central ran the table they would have a very good chance to win national championship 

May not be unanimous but they would win a good chunk of the polls

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Dude, your hatred for all things NorCal is strong. Lol.  Narbonne has always had the athletes.  Just has not been able to get it together on the field, where it matters.  Folsom will be good but not elite. That we can at least agree on. 

16 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

#devil 

I wouldn't go that far.  They have not played the the caliber of teams like a Cen10, to be able to claim one of the best offenses.  They do have some very good skill players, but I would not put Folsom at an elite level for this year just yet. Lets see how they do in their first game of the year and let the year play out.  Folsom is very good, IMO.  Just would like to see them take on at least 1 top 25 team before calling them elite.