Marietta forfeits games ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Woodchopper

8 hours ago, OLB76 said:

Dude this in Cobb is deeper than what people think.ย 

They have dug around long enough to find one little mistake and they hit us with this. You can have those eight wins they where just practice games for our 15 year olds.

WELL, they didn't LARN MUCH, after having given up FIFTY ONE to North Guinnett!xD

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Gotta love the Colquitt horde and the confirmation bias, over.... wait for it....

Paperwork, no recruiting violations to be found.ย 

Bahahahaha

Regards

AllKnowingAsshike

Well, it's pretty difficult to prove recruiting.ย 

ย 

Much easier to catch the secretary "making a mistake" on paperwork. Twice.

I'm sure it was an honest mistake though.ย 

ย 

xD

It ain't a big deal...and if I were the Marietta people I'd sue the GHSA over such harassment. ย So you happened to play a couple of kids who weren't exactly eligible. ย Hell...Grayson did it in 2016 and they didn't forfeit anything. ย And Marietta didn't even win the Ship. ย It's obvious that the Blue Devils are being targeted. ย 

I blame McEachern.

Colquitt's FIRST opponent in 2018.

A bunch of Insolent Injuns ย (who cheated Lowndes).

With Yankee fans.

OMacG...ifin ya scairt...say ya scairt.

ย 

ย 

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Really doesn't matter at this point. The season is right around the corner and they already have enough shit to deal with (Rome, GC, Grayson, SJC).ย 

How much are people expecting Rome to drop off from last year?ย  ย Those losses on the DLine have to hurt a bit.ย 

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

ย 

ย 

xD

Nobody said it was honest, the self righteous hypocrisy are claiming recruiting.ย 

Iโ€™m saying sloppy and stupid on the paperwork. Arrogance even.ย 

Regards

BGW

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 954gator said:

How much are people expecting Rome to drop off from last year?ย  ย Those losses on the DLine have to hurt a bit.ย 

From what I saw in our spring game and FCA camp thier O will be better then last year, their O-line is a year older and very talented. Their D-line won't be as good as last year but they have some studs replacing them and the rest of the D, LB's and secondary I believe will be better. Overall Rome will not drop off like people are saying they will this season.ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Nobody said it was honest, the self righteous hypocrisy are claiming recruiting.ย 

Iโ€™m saying sloppy and stupid on the paperwork. Arrogance even.ย 

Regards

BGW

We can go with sloppy. It sounds better anyway.

ย 

Yeah, I think it's right near impossible to prove recruiting, so, just saying it all the time is just meant to irritate, aggravate and instigate.ย xD

26 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

It will motivate Marietta this season. The kids that played in those games are going to be wearing it on their sleeves.ย 

The will have an attitude that will elevate their play.ย 

On the violations, you knew a review was coming. Honest mistake, maybe but I think their policy is confusing.

I don't think it's that confusing. If you teach at the elementary school, your kid can attend that elementary school. Not the high school where you don't teach. They were clearly trying to stretch the rules. I'd blame the parents for trying to trick the system if it wasn't for the "clerical mistake".ย 

They were pushing the envelope and got caught. Flim flammed paperwork and everything.ย 

ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

It ain't a big deal...and if I were the Marietta people I'd sue the GHSA over such harassment. ย So you happened to play a couple of kids who weren't exactly eligible. ย Hell...Grayson did it in 2016 and they didn't forfeit anything. ย And Marietta didn't even win the Ship. ย It's obvious that the Blue Devils are being targeted. ย 

I blame McEachern.

Colquitt's FIRST opponent in 2018.

A bunch of Insolent Injuns ย (who cheated Lowndes).

With Yankee fans.

OMacG...ifin ya scairt...say ya scairt.

ย 

ย 

Rufus>>

Not a couple 1 kid you guys just shoot crap out of your mouth for nothing! One kid was found to be ineligible the otherย was fine just they filled out the wrong form for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

Not a couple 1 kid you guys just shoot crap out of your mouth for nothing! One kid was found to be ineligible the otherย was fine just they filled out the wrong form for him.

That's not what the linked story says.ย 

It says both kids have a parent working in the elementary school system, and, one moved into the district but moved back out becoming a migrant student.ย 

The secretary claimed both had parents working at the high school and that one was in fact a bona fide move in. All mistakes apparently.ย 

ย 

We can only go off of what the news report says. I'd take it up with them if it's fake news.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think it's that confusing. If you teach at the elementary school, your kid can attend that elementary school. Not the high school where you don't teach. They were clearly trying to stretch the rules. I'd blame the parents for trying to trick the system if it wasn't for the "clerical mistake".ย 

They were pushing the envelope and got caught. Flim flammed paperwork and everything.ย 

ย 

Not true the parents had NOย hand in the paperwork theyย reported everything to the school the right way. Also the parents moved from Henery County and bought a home (not rent) in Powder Springs which their house is 10mins from the school. If they didnโ€™t think they where going to be eligible donโ€™t you think they would have gotten something in district? ย 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OLB76 said:

Not true the parents had NOย hand in the paperwork theyย reported everything to the school the right way. Also the parents moved from Henery County and bought a home (not rent) in Powder Springs which their house is 10mins from the school. If they didnโ€™t think they where going to be eligible donโ€™t you think they would have gotten something in district? ย 

Yeah, idk. I'm just reading the story. It said they lived in district then left the district.ย 

I think it's possible the parent thought because they worked for the system that they should be ok. It was on the athletics dept. to tell them no. They went the "mistake" route instead.ย 

I hate it for the kids though. It sucks for them.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's not what the linked story says.ย 

It says both kids have a parent working in the elementary school system, and, one moved into the district but moved back out becoming a migrant student.ย 

The secretary claimed both had parents working at the high school and that one was in fact a bona fide move in. All mistakes apparently.ย 

ย 

We can only go off of what the news report says. I'd take it up with them if it's fake news.

ย The parent that moved into the district and then moved back out wasnโ€™t considered a mirgrant student but was filed as one. You canโ€™t be a mirgrant student once you Establish residency in the school district. At that point the mother working for MCS is allowed to move as she pleases.ย 

So we got hit on his paperwork being filed wrong. As a mirgrant student!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

ย 

ย 

xD

I am so disappointed in the leadership at Marietta, and guess what? The kids pay for the stupidity of a few adults.

Shitty optics for Georgia football, indeed.

giphy.gif

Regards,

BGW

ย 

• Haha 2

Either way you would figure that the school would know this and advise the parents of the bylaws! I also think there should be one universal rule put into place for everyone City, public and private!

Nether parent would do anything to jeopardize their kid future. Read into it how ever you want this is facts. This has been a witch hunt for 2 years and this is all they got. I can Guaranteeย  if you dig into every program you will find similar mistakes all around Ga. They wanted to give you guys something because Grayson stuck it to them big timeย and this is what you get!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

ย The parent that moved into the district and then moved back out wasnโ€™t considered a mirgrant student but was filed as one. You canโ€™t be a mirgrant student once you Establish residency in the school district. At that point the mother working for MCS is allowed to move as she pleases.ย 

You sir are correct.ย 

I re-read the story from the journal and what they got them both for was filing that the teachers taught at the high school. One was also considered migrant because they didn't move into the attendance zone.

The end result was the same though. Sadly enough.

6 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

I do know this. This isnโ€™t going away anytime soon!!!

Obvioisly not.ย 

I just want tl see even handed response from the GHSA.ย 

That or rule change as you suggest, where every school is the same with no silly loopholes or need for them.

Personally, idc if the Mascoe kid from Thomasville wants to live in Coolidge and go to Colquitt County and learn the system over the next couple of seasons.

Idc about the Powder Springs kid going to Marietta either. So long as it's allowed for everyone.

Obviously the metro schools would benefit more from relaxing those rules than the rural schools though, which is probably why the rules remain as they are.

2 hours ago, OLB76 said:

Gettem OLB.ย  Don't let the coldcuts county posters spread lies!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OLB76 said:

I do know this. This isnโ€™t going away anytime soon!!!

I agree with that 100%.

The Lowndes private investigators will switch to ย looking into the Blue Devils starting this season. ย Looks like Colquitt will get a breather. ย Sure hope that paperwork is in order......

ย 

ย 

Rufus>>