FL pickems

Columbiafan

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KQuaOmOiKEABJSqVrRsXRP91iUdLIWSiBSBTauWzZgA/edit?usp=drivesdk

Here are the week 1 matchups

Send in your picks by Thursday at 1pm

Also @HawgGoneIt if possible could i have this thread locked at that point so the picks are locked in?

Everyone participating please submit your picks

Edited by HawgGoneIt
Set lock time for Thursday at 1 p.m.

My picks:

Miami Central in a close, fascinating game

Palm Beach Central

St. Thomas Aquinas

Plant

Carol City travels to American Heritage and takes care of business

Chaminade in a game that could go either way

Raines

Lakeland

Dr. Phillips in a defensive struggle - maybe a homer pick we will see

Armwood

Rockledge 

Venice

Columbia

Madison County at home

Bishop Moore, in a close, fascinating game between schools less than half a mile apart.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StAllThewaY said:

Gibbons - Gibbon will win big

Palm beach Central

AQUINAS- Big game for defense low score. Special teams wins the game.

Plant

AHP- Toss Up

DFB- Wins big

Raines

Lakeland

Dr Phillips

Armwood

Rockledge

Venice

Columbia

Madison

Edgewater

Why do you think Gibbons will win big?

from someone who knows very little on FL ball

Cardinal Gibbons  

PB Central

Dematha (my against the grain upset pick)  

Plant

AHP  

Chaminade  

Raines  

Lakeland  

Lee County

Armwood  

Rockledge  

Venice  

Columbia

Madison County

Bishop Moore

• Like 1

I'm curious as to why most are picking Edgewater over Bishop Moore.   I know Bishop Moore lost some guys etc, but what's happening with edgewater? Are they on the up?   I was looking at their results from last year and they looked like the finished somewhat positive.   I Know the last few years some of their kids in their zone have been playing at Jones etc.    

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Its really not that much of an upset.   Most of the people posting are from Fl.   I know my pick was biased :)

Yeah well I may not know the teams that well, but I have seen the refereeing at home in FL games against OOS...

giphy.gif

😯

Not so much STA (that I happened to see) so really not directed at you, but

Game is at STA right?  much harder to travel and get a win there with or without zebras for sure.  

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

I'm curious as to why most are picking Edgewater over Bishop Moore.   I know Bishop Moore lost some guys etc, but what's happening with edgewater? Are they on the up?   I was looking at their results from last year and they looked like the finished somewhat positive.   I Know the last few years some of their kids in their zone have been playing at Jones etc.    

Edgewater was very impressive against Winter Park in the KOC putting up 49 points. WP was a third round playoff team last season and returned a lot. I know Edgewater got a stud wide receiver transfer in from Evans.

Against Wekiva in the Spring game, they got beat 24-7. The D held up in that game, but the offense could not get going against Wekiva. Edgewater is a solid team, no doubt. But I still took Bishop Moore to win. The game should be real close though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StAllThewaY said:

They just past the eye test. Seems as if they are ready to take that next step to become a household name against Central this weekend.

I think Central has their best balance offense since 2013... This gonna be a great game.. I’ll be there..