Mater dei forfeited game

Antt

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

True, but 9 in one year?  That's always been the norm?

you'll have 5 to 10 almost every year even in public schools. People move around alot over here. parents move from Irvine to Orange. People flip their houses. it is more now then in the past but not that much more then back in the 90's. In the City of Orange where i live there are 5 high schools plus Mater Dei, OLu and Servite are all within a 7 mile drive. Kids have options down here. More kids left MD last year then came in. 

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

you'll have 5 to 10 almost every year even in public schools. People move around alot over here. parents move from Irvine to Orange. People flip their houses. it is more now then in the past but not that much more then back in the 90's. In the City of Orange where i live there are 5 high schools plus Mater Dei, OLu and Servite are all within a 7 mile drive. Kids have options down here. More kids left MD last year then came in. 

Of the 9 this year, were they all high profile 4/5 ***** players, or were a few practice team type players?

2 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

What part of Orange? I live in VP. Lets connect at The Circle for lunch if you ever have time.

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

Of the 9 this year, were they all high profile 4/5 ***** players, or were a few practice team type players?

4 4/5 * and 4 3* kids, but that could be said for the whole team. even the incoming freshmen are high level kids. heck the kid that got MD in trouble wasn't a starter.

1 minute ago, Gospeeder said:

What part of Orange? I live in VP. Lets connect at The Circle for lunch if you ever have time.

Live by the Circle...but i will only meet up in a public area with 9 and 1 already dialed in case you are one of block's alias and this is a plot to kidnap me...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, covercorner said:

This was self-reported by MD. It was discovered when looking at NCAA Eligibility requirements thats they found an additional transcript from this players native country - Australia. There was nothing deceitful about this. For what its worth, This week should be first game of the year, but CIF moved all the games up this season -If the season would have started this week - MD finds this mishap and no forfeit. And - He wasn't even starting. He only played two series and was on PAT.. 

Damn playing ball in Australia counts?  

50 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

the biggest issue in the at the kids home country "secondary school" starts in what we would call the 7th grade...so that is the root of the issue...the kid play sports in another country in the 7th grade and when MD found out they self reported...

Kinda weak if you ask me.  

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Hahaha.  That's rich coming from a BG fan. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Coach beating his baby mama?  Nothing to see here!!! Players from Hawaii and SoCal?  Nothing to see here!!!!  Good stuff brother. 

Never change California Rab or should I write RabtecPadre? 😂

#clueless

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

This kid was enrolled in his 9th semester of high school before getting caught. So he was at least 18 pushing onto 19. 

And it is official. The players that did not play last week were not injured. They were in fact suspended for poor conduct. 

3C50686E-439E-4E21-B0D2-82BC2B1F3BEF.png

His home country starts secondary school in what we call 7th or 8th grade depending on what area you are in. so no he is not 19

31 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

This kid was enrolled in his 9th semester of high school before getting caught. So he was at least 18 pushing onto 19. 

And it is official. The players that did not play last week were not injured. They were in fact suspended for poor conduct. 

3C50686E-439E-4E21-B0D2-82BC2B1F3BEF.png

Facts 

MD made a huge mistake regarding a back up lineman...it’s understandable how it happen considering the international school systems being different the US school system...but they broke the rules and turned themselves in even after CIF cleared the kid (he is not 18 yet) to play...is mistake may have cost MD a MNC and is a black eye for the program...all that being said...

At least MD didn’t turn the ball over 5 times and lose their first football game on the national stage...could be worse...

#thankGodimnotafolsomfan

• Like 1
  • Haha 5