Mater dei forfeited game

Antt

3 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

Or call Rush he knows how to get around that one! When they time out in Alabama they head to Colquitt 🤣

At least no the rules if you want to make a funny.

The players never played 8 semesters of varsity sports in Alabama. This is not the reason they were ineligible there. A difference in age for participation is why they can play at any GHSA school.

2 hours ago, Antt said:

No back to back titles 

Pretty sure they are still in the running.  Its only forfeit in preseason where the won on the field.  It's not like there are any rules in who picks MNC .  On the other hand, an actual loss on the field would end the chances of a team winning it.  Kind of like what will happen to BG on Friday.  LOL.  I kid I kid.  

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Pretty sure they are still in the running.  Its only forfeit in preseason where the won on the field.  It's not like there are any rules in who picks MNC .  On the other hand, an actual loss on the field would end the chances of a team winning it.  Kind of like what will happen to BG on Friday.  LOL.  I kid I kid.  

Unless you're DLS and Calpreps is the ranking service.

Circa 2015

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Sure...

What else should they be self reporting?

Sounds like it is pretty easy to hide stuff from the CIF. Perhaps they are hiding phone calls and other attempts to recruit players as well.

They would rather stand behind the cross and lie :) 

Can't respect any HS program that the bulk of the best players transferred.

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

They would rather stand behind the cross and lie :) 

Can't respect any HS program that the bulk of the best players transferred.

It would be one thing if the moves were made early in their high school careers. The mantra of transferring for better academic conditions would be believable. Waiting until your senior year seems a bit late to decide you aren't receiving adequate instruction in the classroom.

But hey, whatever. Lol

This is a non-factor relative to how MD is perceived in the rankings.

Despite everyone's agenda on this or any other board, transfers are becoming a way of life at this level. Get used to it. We cannot put the genie back in the bottle. Its prevalent everywhere. All the bitching and moaning about it is not going to change anything. This has become the business of HS football. As much as I dislike it, I will still go to games that I think are interesting for the entertainment... not really caring who wins. I expect most everyone else who really watches HS football will do the same.