What Impresses You?

Texasball

12 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Sure, anybody can get lucky for 433 yards of total offense.

With each knew post, you reveal just a little more how little you understand football.

as you can clearly see I don’t care what people believe about me.

The 2 plays that that I mentioned as Fluke accounted for 160 of those yards

Possession Time

Trinity 30.11

DLS 17.49

i will say it again - The most dominating part of the game by either team started in the 3rd Q and concluded in the 4th Qrt and was accomplished by Trinity after they recovered the fumble.

after they got the turnover 

they ran the ball down the throat of DLS for 96 yard drive

Trinity then forced 3 and out 

Trinity drives 70 yards this time for another TD

you need to take serious look in the mirror before you call my knowledge out.

On 9/24/2018 at 7:02 PM, DevilDog said:

which one of the California teams are named after their town and not charging 16k a year to play HS football.  Allen is called Allen not St. Texas Prep.   You are comparing Privates to Publics in districts some with 8 teams.  What Cali publics are travelling.

Based upon your attitude of private v. public, I would think you'd at least somewhat appreciate the football we have here in the Sacramento metro area because it's dominated by publics. The only large school private in the area is Jesuit and they are just another good team in the area. The programs that have dominated over the past 30 years -- Grant Union, Del Oro, Nevada Union, Folsom, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay, Elk Grove, etc -- are all public schools that largely were built with kids within their boundaries. I know there's been questions over Folsom in recent years, but that hasn't been the norm.

With regards to traveling OOS, it's difficult for teams from this area because they have to travel a long, long way. Las Vegas, Utah and Arizona are the closest with relevant Nat'l programs, but they are further away than SoCal. So the programs here tend to opt for SoCal (upwards of 400 mi away to LA; 525 mi for San Diego) for top tier competition. Reno, NV is the closest OOS competition and there aren't Nat'l relevant programs there, only a handful of good ones that can compete.

Grant Union is the only one I can think of that traveled to Alta, Highland and Bellevue for games. Many of us are hoping Folsom will go after some of the Utah and AZ powers, along with a highly coveted game against Centennial-Corona.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

At least these three decided it on the field 

Well, I guess that's something. 

In my opinion. All they will have decided on the field is which stacked up team can beat the other. 

There well still could be a team out there that could beat them, but, due to the polling process these days, discussion is a waste of time. 

Hence my statements.

These days, HSFB is not healthy, nor is the discussion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

[...]

you need to take serious look in the mirror before you call my knowledge out.

[...]

Why? What was the foolish thing I said?

You're the one who says things like the following:

On 9/25/2018 at 3:28 AM, Texasball said:

[...]

i personally thought that DLS was lucky to score what they did. 

[...]

...when DLS had 433 yards of offense. 

It's the exact opposite. DLS was unlucky to score only 3 times given that they had 433 yards of offense. Anybody who has even a basic understanding of the game would recognize that. 

And that's perfectly consistent with ET's having greater time of possession and putting together an impressive 90-plus-yard drive in the 3Q.

What impresses me? The best of Texas High School Coaching. 15 years ago the Super Bowl was in Houston. As part of the festivities the NFL staged the world junior championship.

The game was played from a stacked deck: The rules allowed college players 20 years old and younger. The setup was to allow team Canada to win. The Canadian team had the best college players from all over Canada (most of whom played at US colleges), it was coached by pro and college coaches - all of whom had been schooled by the NFL. The U.S. team consisted of the high school Academic All Stars from the Houston area. The only mistake the NFL made was that they allowed the Katy coaches (plus a few coaches they selected from around Houston) to coach the US team. There were also teams from Mexico, Japan, and Russia. Team Canada looked like a College team big, fast, talent all over the field. The U.S. Team looked like what you would expect an All Academic team to look like; good, but not the best athletes. Gary Joseph installed the Katy defense, and the All Academic kids did a good job of picking it up in the month they had to practice. The offense ran Katy's offense.

By the end of the first quarter the Canadian coaches were all yelling at each other. It was the middle of the third quarter before team Canada got its initial first down. As I remember the score wound up about 35-0.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TigerHat said:

What impresses me? The best of Texas High School Coaching. 15 years ago the Super Bowl was in Houston. As part of the festivities the NFL staged the world junior championship.

The game was played from a stacked deck: The rules allowed college players 20 years old and younger. The setup was to allow team Canada to win. The Canadian team had the best college players from all over Canada (most of whom played at US colleges), it was coached by pro and college coaches - all of whom had been schooled by the NFL. The U.S. team consisted of the high school Academic All Stars from the Houston area. The only mistake the NFL made was that they allowed the Katy coaches (plus a few coaches they selected from around Houston) to coach the US team. There were also teams from Mexico, Japan, and Russia. Team Canada looked like a College team big, fast, talent all over the field. The U.S. Team looked like what you would expect an All Academic team to look like; good, but not the best athletes. Gary Joseph installed the Katy defense, and the All Academic kids did a good job of picking it up in the month they had to practice. The offense ran Katy's offense.

By the end of the first quarter the Canadian coaches were all yelling at each other. It was the middle of the third quarter before team Canada got its initial first down. As I remember the score wound up about 35-0.

Big reason right here why I wouldnt go against TX in general (neutral vs Cali).  The coaching is top notch but then they have the best players at the most impt position (QB).  OH yea btw tons of top notch skill players.  Very similar to Cali so I'm not sure why these states are always arguing on this board.  Or maybe that is the reason lol - they both know the other is their main comp to the crown of HS football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

Big reason right here why I wouldnt go against TX in general (neutral vs Cali).  The coaching is top notch but then they have the best players at the most impt position (QB).  OH yea btw tons of top notch skill players.  Very similar to Cali so I'm not sure why these states are always arguing on this board.  Or maybe that is the reason lol - they both know the other is their main comp to the crown of HS football

I hold Florida is much higher esteem than I do California.

Don't mistake couple of recruited up private school teams for what is really going on in California.

Georgia has nearly caught California when it comes to D1 recruits signing from the High School level

2018  -  California had 237 kids sign D1 from the HS level

2018 -  Georgia had 216 kids sign D1 from the HS level 

10 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Based upon your attitude of private v. public, I would think you'd at least somewhat appreciate the football we have here in the Sacramento metro area because it's dominated by publics. The only large school private in the area is Jesuit and they are just another good team in the area. The programs that have dominated over the past 30 years -- Grant Union, Del Oro, Nevada Union, Folsom, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay, Elk Grove, etc -- are all public schools that largely were built with kids within their boundaries. I know there's been questions over Folsom in recent years, but that hasn't been the norm.

With regards to traveling OOS, it's difficult for teams from this area because they have to travel a long, long way. Las Vegas, Utah and Arizona are the closest with relevant Nat'l programs, but they are further away than SoCal. So the programs here tend to opt for SoCal (upwards of 400 mi away to LA; 525 mi for San Diego) for top tier competition. Reno, NV is the closest OOS competition and there aren't Nat'l relevant programs there, only a handful of good ones that can compete.

Grant Union is the only one I can think of that traveled to Alta, Highland and Bellevue for games. Many of us are hoping Folsom will go after some of the Utah and AZ powers, along with a highly coveted game against Centennial-Corona.

I was really impressed with Grant several years back...What's up with them now?

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I hold Florida is much higher esteem than I do California.

Don't mistake couple of recruited up private school teams for what is really going on in California.

Georgia has nearly caught California when it comes to D1 recruits signing from the High School level

2018  -  California had 237 kids sign D1 from the HS level

2018 -  Georgia had 216 kids sign D1 from the HS level 

I'm with you 100% - I always speak to those points.  I'm just speaking from a straight up HS team vs HS team matchup and depth of quality teams.   

Talent wise - yea nobody touches FL and GA. Together they  have more than 2x the D1 output and  NFL players of Cali with 75% of the population.   

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

I'm with you 100% - I always speak to those points.  I'm just speaking from a straight up HS team vs HS team matchup and depth of quality teams.   

Talent wise - yea nobody touches FL and GA. Together they  have more than 2x the D1 output and  NFL players of Cali with 75% of the population.   

This can be easily explained what population makes up 70% of the NFL and what percentage of that population mak up Cali.  Big difference.  Sorry all those Asian Grandmothers in Cali are not balling out.

Here is proof.

Cali 72.9% White (much less if separating Hispanics) 14.7% Asian. 6.5% African American 1.7% Native American 0.5% Pacific Islander and 3.8% from 2 or more races. 

Actually Cali over performs compared to FL and Ga. 

Ga. 31% African American.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Why? What was the foolish thing I said?

You're the one who says things like the following:

...when DLS had 433 yards of offense. 

It's the exact opposite. DLS was unlucky to score only 3 times given that they had 433 yards of offense. Anybody who has even a basic understanding of the game would recognize that. 

And that's perfectly consistent with ET's having greater time of possession and putting together an impressive 90-plus-yard drive in the 3Q.

Come on dude.   there is more than one way to look at things.

2- plays accounted for 160 yards -  3rd and long they give up 79 yard screen pass to a veer option football team.  

They gave up 81 yard TD run in the 4th qrt when they had multiple chances to tackle him.  The top RB goes for 135 yards and he had 81 yard TD in the 4th qrt.

Outside of those two plays the offense was well very underwhelming to say the least. 

I like Trinity's chances of defending those plays better if they had played again.  

30 min time of possession can't be over looked when playing Trinity because that is their game.  

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I was really impressed with Grant several years back...What's up with them now?

They've endured a slide. Only 2 good seasons in the past 7, which is very unlike them.

They moved over the the SFL this season -- which is the strongest league in the area and actually earned a big OT win against Granite Bay last weekend -- but they aren't expected to be more than 4th place in a 7 team league.

They've got good skill talent as they always tend to have, including Paris Warren Jr. the son of a former NFL'er, but they don't have the typical size & athleticism along their lines.The North Sac/Del Paso Heights area has a large polynesian community (like I've heard about Trinity-Euless) so they historically have an advantage in the trenches. But not this season.

Hopefully they are on the rebound.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This can be easily explained what population makes up 70% of the NFL and what percentage of that population mak up Cali.  Big difference.  Sorry all those Asian Grandmothers in Cali are not balling out.

Here is proof.

Cali 72.9% White 14.7% Asian. 6.5% African American 1.7% Native American 0.5% Pacific Islander and 3.8% from 2 or more races. 

I'm guessing this is the demographics participating in football in CA? If not, it's completely wrong. Please clarify. Because Latino was expected to surpass white as the largest ethnic group in CA back in 2014. And you don't have that group listed.

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Here is proof.

Cali 72.9% White 14.7% Asian. 6.5% African American 1.7% Native American 0.5% Pacific Islander and 3.8% from 2 or more races. 

lol I wanted to take it that far.  I will say this.  It does impress me that Georgia has the largest number of African-Americans in the country. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Here is proof.

Thats interesting I hadn't thought about that.  Guess I'd have to know what the FL percentages equate to in number values then compare.

This much I know: Overtown, Liberty City, Opa Locka, Overtown, Belle Glade and Pahokee smoke any comparable african american populations in output by multiples so it can't be the race makeup in that case.  Matter of fact - I'll bet just those neighborhoods  (equal to about 100k) destroy any full big city 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Here is proof.

This really is spot on.  (and like I said never dawned on me lol)  But at the end of the day it doesnt matter why the numbers are what they are - it just matters what they are which was I think the jist of Texas Ball's point. 

Awesome avatar BTW - former military?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I agree. 

High school football is about enrollments nearing 7,000 for a game that fields 11. It's also about 60 million dollar stadiums and helicopters at the ready to fly in a qb when needed.

I doubt very seriously that Allen has helicopters picking up QB's...

Most people that I know from Texas agree as I do - Allen is way too big.  I will say this about Allen ISD - They have there shit together when it comes to all things concerning the schools from education, band, and athletics.

Yet there is still good HS football in the area especially in the lower level schools -  The little town of Melissa is just north of them...Prosper is upcoming program among others.

Allen went on nice run with KM at QB...It's not like they haven't had any competition...They didn't make the finals in 15 or 16 - They won by 2 points last year going against team playing back-up QB.

Prior to the KM years they only been to the title game one other time.

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

I'm guessing this is the demographics participating in football in CA? If not, it's completely wrong. Please clarify. Because Latino was expected to surpass white as the largest ethnic group in CA back in 2014. And you don't have that group listed.

That's my point 70% of the NFL is African American and the South have a higher % of African Americans.  That is why Cali and Texas as well with changing Demographics you will see this.  I didn't even break Cali down with Hispanics.  Stats were from a site that included them in white population.  Therefore even more telling.    Texas very well might have more Soccer players than foitball players soon.  

East Texas puts out more football players than West Texas yet El Paso is 5x bigger than the largest East Texas City.  bEast Texas has a high concentration of A.A.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

Thats interesting I hadn't thought about that.  Guess I'd have to know what the FL percentages equate to in number values then compare.

This much I know: Overtown, Liberty City, Opa Locka, Overtown, Belle Glade and Pahokee smoke any comparable african american populations in output by multiples so it can't be the race makeup in that case.  Matter of fact - I'll bet just those neighborhoods  (equal to about 100k) destroy any full big city 

Well actually it would as those areas are some of the most dense in a football cultured State.  Because big Urban areas in Texas and Cali are overwhelming Hispanic.  Come to Pleasant Grove here and South Central in La.  Big difference than those neighborhoods.  

I would bet Desoto Cedar Hill Duncanville  and Lancaster would be well represented. That would be more of a comparison

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Come on dude.   there is more than one way to look at things.

2- plays accounted for 160 yards -  3rd and long they give up 79 yard screen pass to a veer option football team.  

They gave up 81 yard TD run in the 4th qrt when they had multiple chances to tackle him.  The top RB goes for 135 yards and he had 81 yard TD in the 4th qrt.

Outside of those two plays the offense was well very underwhelming to say the least. 

I like Trinity's chances of defending those plays better if they had played again.  

30 min time of possession can't be over looked when playing Trinity because that is their game.  

I heard you the first three or four times you said the same things.

So just to be clear: now your big football insight is that 275 yards of total offense is "very underwhelming to say the least"?

And don't forget that big runs can't be overlooked when playing DLS, since that's part of their game. They had two that went for 50+ yards just two weeks ago, when they played BG.

And in the SJC's game, they had a 78-yard TD run early in the 3Q. 

But I guess, given your deep football insight, those are just fluke plays when they happen in TX and are no part of the veer offense. 

You're embarrassing yourself, man.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

I doubt very seriously that Allen has helicopters picking up QB's...

Most people that I know from Texas agree as I do - Allen is way too big.  I will say this about Allen ISD - They have there shit together when it comes to all things concerning the schools from education, band, and athletics.

Yet there is still good HS football in the area especially in the lower level schools -  The little town of Melissa is just north of them...Prosper is upcoming program among others.

Allen went on nice run with KM at QB...It's not like they haven't had any competition...They didn't make the finals in 15 or 16 - They won by 2 points last year going against team playing back-up QB.

Prior to the KM years they only been to the title game one other time.

Technically they jetted in.

Think how bad it is for the kids... a school with 7,000 kids and only one high school varsity team. 

Hundreds of kids missing out on a time of a life time experience.

It's more than that as we know kids that play sports in high school in college get better grades, do less drugs, get pregnant less, have higher graduation rates,...

Now think of all the different sports and all the lost opportunities. Awful. just awful.