What Impresses You?

Texasball

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Technically they jetted in.

Think how bad it is for the kids... a school with 7,000 kids and only one high school varsity team. 

Hundreds of kids missing out on a time of a life time experience.

It's more than that as we know kids that play sports in high school in college get better grades, do less drugs, get pregnant less, have higher graduation rates,...

Now think of all the different sports and all the lost opportunities. Awful. just awful. 

Allen has 600 kids in football, multiple teams so kids get plenty of opportunities to play.  There are no team cuts so kids get to be a part of a team. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Allen has 600 kids in football, multiple teams so kids get plenty of opportunities to play.  There are no team cuts so kids get to be a part of a team. 

i know that

hardly the same as being on the varsity team (I purposely said high school varsity team)

What I don't know and if you know I'd appreciate knowing, do they do this for all sports, girl sports? 

And who do they play? 

4 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

This really is spot on.  (and like I said never dawned on me lol)  But at the end of the day it doesnt matter why the numbers are what they are - it just matters what they are which was I think the jist of Texas Ball's point. 

Awesome avatar BTW - former military?

Yes sir.  Retired Marine

• Like 2

I’m a public school fan myself.  I played public school ball (we had some catholic / private schools on our schedule).  Don’t get me wrong,  I enjoy watching the big time private schools play in SoCal, NJ, OH, Maryland / DC, etc.  but there’s something about public school programs and the energy + atmosphere that the community brings that makes me a fan. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, noonereal said:

i know that

hardly the same as being on the varsity team (I purposely said high school varsity team)

What I don't know and if you know I'd appreciate knowing, do they do this for all sports, girl sports? 

And who do they play? 

I stated that they don't cut kids.  Those kids will be on the varsity if they desire.  See, this is the whole reason the participation numbers are high.  

On 9/24/2018 at 1:02 PM, Texasball said:

You know me - I will never give any love to recruited up school like MD.

Not one time did I knock the level of play - both teams are high quality.

You clown...... last year when MD was a better team than this year,  you said they had a mediocre defense(Much better defense last year) and that they were playing a bunch of mediocre teams that's why they looked good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You clown...... last year when MD was a better team than this year,  you said they had a mediocre defense(Much better defense last year) and that they were playing a bunch of mediocre teams that's why they looked good. 

He said that, and he also said that there were several teams in TX that would beat MD in 2017.

Now he denies ever having said it.

I don't think he knows anything about football. He knows his avatar says "Texas," and that dictates how he interprets what he sees on the field. 

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This can be easily explained what population makes up 70% of the NFL and what percentage of that population mak up Cali.  Big difference.  Sorry all those Asian Grandmothers in Cali are not balling out.

Here is proof.

Cali 72.9% White (much less if separating Hispanics) 14.7% Asian. 6.5% African American 1.7% Native American 0.5% Pacific Islander and 3.8% from 2 or more races. 

Actually Cali over performs compared to FL and Ga. 

Ga. 31% African American.  

What are you implying, black guys are good at football and Asians aren't?

Careful. That post might resurface in 5 years when you're famous, and then you'll get fired from your job.

When my daughter was 6, we were watching football together, and she asked me why there were so many brown people.

Also I noticed yesterday that Cal has a Japanese wide receiver from Tokyo, Japan. He's a senior and doesn't have any recorded stats, but still. I thought that was interesting. I wonder if they play football in Japan.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I stated that they don't cut kids.  Those kids will be on the varsity if they desire.  See, this is the whole reason the participation numbers are high.  

Yeah, at Bosco we never cut kids either... but what is the point then? Most will never see the field. 

Honestly, I never considered who gets cut as that was really for other sports not football. 

21 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He's a dope, pay no attention.

Good to see ya! 

I have not noticed you here in a while and I was gone many months.

Hope all is well with you and family. 

53 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He also said MD and SJB were the same caliber team last year ...what?🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

He also said MD and SJB were the same caliber team last year ...what?🤷🏽‍♂️

And he also said that SJB's QB (DJ) wasn't much better than the kid he replaced and wasn't good period, because he struggled against MD in the rematch. 

So, I guess, SJB was the same caliber team as but also worse than MD.

Same but different. You get the idea.

The kid's got a lot of ideas. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Also I noticed yesterday that Cal has a Japanese wide receiver from Tokyo, Japan. He's a senior and doesn't have any recorded stats, but still. I thought that was interesting. I wonder if they play football in Japan.

Yes they do play American Football in Japan - mostly during the first three years of college. I pointed out there was a Japanese team at the Junior World Championships 15 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Yeah, at Bosco we never cut kids either... but what is the point then? Most will never see the field. 

Honestly, I never considered who gets cut as that was really for other sports not football. 

The point you were trying to make is kids at allen have less opportunity, that’s not case.  They can play football and be a part of the team from beginning of HS to graduation.  

39 minutes ago, noonereal said:

As and educator you realize you are rationalizing to support you want, right?  

As an educator I'm not even a full supporter of public education in its current state, (student to teacher ratio, statewide testing, curriculum, etc) so not sure where you think I'm answering with tainted lenses.  Lol

But back to the point, I'm providing insight into allen which I'm sure you didnt know.

20 hours ago, Texasball said:

I hold Florida is much higher esteem than I do California.

Don't mistake couple of recruited up private school teams for what is really going on in California.

Georgia has nearly caught California when it comes to D1 recruits signing from the High School level

2018  -  California had 237 kids sign D1 from the HS level

2018 -  Georgia had 216 kids sign D1 from the HS level 

Good for GA. Parents in Cali aren't trying to get  their kids head smashed in living in a Tech state. That's the truth.

On 12/3/2017 at 12:19 AM, Texasball said:

They [2017 MD] look much better than they really are due to the competition level they play.

On 12/3/2017 at 12:28 AM, Texasball said:

I don't believe MD could beat the best teams in Florida or Texas.

Those were @Texasball's insights as he watched MD crush SJB 49-24 in the Pac-5 championship game.

But then yesterday: 

On 9/26/2018 at 2:35 AM, Texasball said:

I am not saying there is any teams who would beat them [2017 MD].   

Keep the insights coming, big dog.

We do appreciate them.

18 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I heard you the first three or four times you said the same things.

So just to be clear: now your big football insight is that 275 yards of total offense is "very underwhelming to say the least"?

And don't forget that big runs can't be overlooked when playing DLS, since that's part of their game. They had two that went for 50+ yards just two weeks ago, when they played BG.

And in the SJC's game, they had a 78-yard TD run early in the 3Q. 

But I guess, given your deep football insight, those are just fluke plays when they happen in TX and are no part of the veer offense. 

You're embarrassing yourself, man.

Whatever dude...Custer did nice job taking those plays to the house

19 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

He said that, and he also said that there were several teams in TX that would beat MD in 2017.

Now he denies ever having said it.

I don't think he knows anything about football. He knows his avatar says "Texas," and that dictates how he interprets what he sees on the field. 

Beyond St Francis maybe playing MD tough... there was nobody who was going to beat MD last year.

• Haha 1