What Impresses You?

Texasball

What impresses me is that Sammy haven't made up some tiers about it. And the Cali Homies agreeing that his tiers are the Gospel.

Silly Sammy tiers are for kids.😎

Ridiculous HS Football stuff by Tiers

Tier 1: Sammy's Tiers

Tier II: National polls taken as Gospel

Tier III: 19 DI recruits on they really are not Recruited teams 😎

Tier IV: Your State is scared of my State

Tier V: Bishop, St. Brother and Christian should be top 10 religious facilities not the best recruited HS football teams.  Botha's can't afford their cellphone bill but can pay 16K a year to play for some Catholic HS with the name Jamaal Muhammad. 😁

Tier VI: Sammy involved in all 5 above Tiers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

What impresses me is that Sammy haven't made up some tiers about it. And the Cali Homies agreeing that his tiers are the Gospel.

Silly Sammy tiers are for kids.😎

Ridiculous HS Football stuff by Tiers

Tier 1: Sammy's Tiers

Tier II: National polls taken as Gospel

Tier III: 19 DI recruits on they really are not Recruited teams 😎

Tier IV: Your State is scared of my State

Tier V: Bishop, St. Brother and Christian should be top 10 religious facilities not the best recruited HS football teams.  Botha's can't afford their cellphone bill but can pay 16K a year to play for some Catholic HS with the name Jamaal Muhammad. 😁

Tier VI: Sammy involved in all 5 above Tiers

Learned something new today. Glad to hear Texas is still playing high school football. I figured that your guys stopped since texas hasnt played a meaningful OOS game this year.

263CD818-2622-4E9D-9295-EA6B479365B7.gif.6d77c34187af15bc0f1b0f67421472ac.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Learned something new today. Glad to hear Texas is still playing high school football. I figured that your guys stopped since texas hasnt played a meaningful OOS game this year.

263CD818-2622-4E9D-9295-EA6B479365B7.gif.6d77c34187af15bc0f1b0f67421472ac.gif

Because there is nothing OOS that is not in Texas. For all those that believe in Stupid polls there are more Texas teams ranked than any other state.  So why travel when the national perception is it is the best State.  You can't have it both ways.  Stop believing in polls then. What meaningful OOS team should Texas play?  If NS plays Allen how many so called OOS teams would be more meaningful than them in front of 50k in the death star. 

Much more important to you than us.  What meaningful OOS game did a Cali Public play?

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Because there is nothing OOS that is not in Texas. For all those that believe in Stupid polls there are more Texas teams ranked than any other state.  So why travel when the national perception is it is the best State.  You can't have it both ways.  Stop believing in polls then. What meaningful OOS team should Texas play?  If NS plays Allen how many so called OOS teams would be more meaningful than them in front of 50k in the death star. 

Much more important to you than us.  What meaningful OOS game did a Cali Public play?

DD California could have the same attitude.4 teams in the top ten comp poll 9 in top 45 yet they attempt to test themselves against other states perceived best.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

The only score that I can recall that impressed me this past weekend nationally was Public School Miami Central beating St. Thomas Aquinas 43-27

[...]

Were you impressed when a CA public came within a 2-point conversion of beating IMG?

That's something a few TX schools couldn't do, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

The only score that I can recall that impressed me this past weekend nationally was Public School Miami Central beating St. Thomas Aquinas 43-27

Quote from Mission Viejo retired coach Bob Johnson on Mater Dei   "They have kids on their team from 4 counties and 2 other states, I can say it now that I'm retired, Mater Dei is the best team money can buy"  

Quote from Serra HS Coach on Mater Dei  "MD is the IMG Academy of the West"

IMO the MD/IMG game was disgrace to High School Football.  

Penalties by both teams -  I honestly believe that the refs could have called holding on MD nearly every single play -  Go back and watch the game couple of times and pay close attention to the line play.

Two IMG defensive starters ejected was disgrace to competitive sport.  

My Suggestions - with the new rule changes in College Football that limits cut blocks - All states should adapt NCAA rules

I would suggest that if another game like this ever gets scheduled again - That College refs get hired - This way you have refs who will take charge of the game and who are not over whelmed by the level of play.

SOOOO, public school Colquitt county, from a rural county of 46,000, beating one of the top three most talented creative playa acquisition teams in America by twelve points, and could have easily been much more! Doesn't float your canoe?

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This year? 

I know that Cen10 played and beat Chandler, who were favored to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORabidOne said:

SOOOO, Public school Colquitt county, from a rural county of 46,000, beating one of the top three most talented teams in America by twelve points, and could have easily been much more! Doesn't float your canoe?

You’re right Colquitt might could be the 3rd best team in N.J. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

DD California could have the same attitude.4 teams in the top ten comp poll 9 in top 45 yet they attempt to test themselves against other states perceived best.

And HOW many did you say weren't assembled from the carcasses of other rosters? Poor lil Cent10 Corona, has open enrollment in a city of a quarter MILLION people! If Rush ProPst had THAT type talent pool to draw from! Nobody would ever SCORE of his Packers!

10 minutes ago, Ararar said:

We'll never know, because they won't make that call to DOMINOS in Moultrie! And we AIN'T going to Jersey, and run the risk of going broke while staying in some slum lord motel at $300.00 a night, times thirty, plus airline tix! HELL, their new principal just implemented new regs, where the team can't even stay overnight on a trip of less that 150 miles! I DOUBT he'd OK a trip of over 1000 miles!

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Is THAT the NEW math? Cause Colquitt beat Grayson by the same margin as Bergen! And Bergen and Bosco are about the same! And Colquitt left two scores on the field against Grayson, playing without SIX starters! And they were at the Grayson SIX yard line, when they called off the Hogs!

3 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

We'll never know, because they won't make that call to DOMINOS in Moultrie! And we AIN'T going to Jersey, and run the risk of going broke while staying in some slum lord motel at $300.00 a night, times thirty, plus airline tix! HELL, their new principal just implemented new regs, where the team can't even stay overnight on a trip of less that 150 miles! I DOUBT he'd OK a trip of over 1000 miles!

Can't help but notice that he loves driving around in that wrapped truck though. 

xD

6 minutes ago, Ararar said:

which one of the California teams are named after their town and not charging 16k a year to play HS football.  Allen is called Allen not St. Texas Prep.   You are comparing Privates to Publics in districts some with 8 teams.  What Cali publics are travelling.  Who has Cen10 travelled and played.  I'm sure Allen will answer the phone.  SC, LA, AL, FL, UT and even Mexico found them.  Don't seem to be hiding to me.  It's not Texas everyone wants Allen.  I give Cali it's props.  I think Texas proved the quality of our football.  I think that ET win eats at my Cali homes.  Calpreps rated it 3rd biggest game ever for DLS.  That is not a top 5 for ET.  Clearly we look at things different.  I don't claim us supreme but we are content as hell with our brand and we don't need to go anywhere to prove it.  Texas been Legit for Decades. 

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

which one of the California teams are named after their town and not charging 16k a year to play HS football.  Allen is called Allen not St. Texas Prep.   You are comparing Privates to Publics in districts some with 8 teams.  What Cali publics are travelling.  Who has Cen10 travelled and played.  I'm sure Allen will answer the phone.  SC, LA, AL, FL, UT and even Mexico found them.  Don't seem to be hiding to me.  It's not Texas everyone wants Allen.  I give Cali it's props.  I think Texas proved the quality of our football.  I think that ET win eats at my Cali homes.  Calpreps rated it 3rd biggest game ever for DLS.  That is not a top 5 for ET.  Clearly we look at things different.  I don't claim us supreme but we are content as hell with our brand and we don't need to go anywhere to prove it.  Texas been Legit for Decades. 

Don't faint DD, BUT! If Cali teams didn't draw from multiple towns in their general area! They couldn't get out of their own way on a NATIONAL SCALE! STACHE couldn't get a job as a dogcatcher in SOWEGA! THINK  about THIS! IF he were ALL that and a bag of chips! WHY ain't he plying his wares at the COLLEGE level?

1 minute ago, ORabidOne said:

What's a WRAPPED TRUCK Homes?

You haven't seen the truck that the principals have been driving in Moultrie? 

Every year for the last few, they are gifted a truck that is wrapped with a Packers football scheme. 

You know? You never seen a company truck wrapped or anything? 

This guy strolls in, cuts the coach off at the knees and drives around in a truck wrapped with the Packers football scheme. 

Probably parked in his drive right now.