What Impresses You?

Texasball

The only score that I can recall that impressed me this past weekend nationally was Public School Miami Central beating St. Thomas Aquinas 43-27

Quote from Mission Viejo retired coach Bob Johnson on Mater Dei   "They have kids on their team from 4 counties and 2 other states, I can say it now that I'm retired, Mater Dei is the best team money can buy"  

Quote from Serra HS Coach on Mater Dei  "MD is the IMG Academy of the West"

IMO the MD/IMG game was disgrace to High School Football.  

Penalties by both teams -  I honestly believe that the refs could have called holding on MD nearly every single play -  Go back and watch the game couple of times and pay close attention to the line play.

Two IMG defensive starters ejected was disgrace to competitive sport.  

My Suggestions - with the new rule changes in College Football that limits cut blocks - All states should adapt NCAA rules

I would suggest that if another game like this ever gets scheduled again - That College refs get hired - This way you have refs who will take charge of the game and who are not over whelmed by the level of play.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I expected this sort of post from you, after all you’re the guy who said IMG couldn’t be beat that they would grind every team no matter the situation.Now that a California team has killed the wicked witch it’s a double whammy to your agenda.

Sponge Bob has a lot of nerve opening his mouth after all the “agricultural “ students he got into MV that just happened to play football.

The grapes 🍇 are sour out Texas way

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I expected this sort of post from you, after all you’re the guy who said IMG couldn’t be beat that they would grind every team no matter the situation.Now that a California team has killed the wicked witch it’s a double whammy to your agenda.

Sponge Bob has a lot of nerve opening his mouth after all the “agricultural “ students he got into MV that just happened to play football.

The grapes 🍇 are sour out Texas way

You know me - I will never give any love to recruited up school like MD.

Not one time did I knock the level of play - both teams are high quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

You know me - I will never give any love to recruited up school like MD.

Not one time did I knock the level of play - both teams are high quality.

I get it your soul dislikes private schools.You did discredit MD by saying they held every play while we all know you could call holding every play of every game ever played 

35 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The only score that I can recall that impressed me this past weekend nationally was Public School Miami Central beating St. Thomas Aquinas 43-27

Quote from Mission Viejo retired coach Bob Johnson on Mater Dei   "They have kids on their team from 4 counties and 2 other states, I can say it now that I'm retired, Mater Dei is the best team money can buy"  

Penalties by both teams -  I honestly believe that the refs could have called holding on MD nearly every single play -  Go back and watch the game couple of times and pay close attention to the line play.

My Suggestions - with the new rule changes in College Football that limits cut blocks - All states should adapt NCAA rules

I would suggest that if another game like this ever gets scheduled again - That College refs get hired - This way you have refs who will take charge of the game and who are not over whelmed by the level of play.

We get that the bigger teams like MD, SJB, DLS, IMG, CEN10 on and on steal the attention away from texas hsfb teams, but are you ever going to give it a rest?  I can find many quotes from other coaches who have not taken serious smackdowns from MD that would say the opposite of what the ones that you posted said.  Sit back and enjoy the talent on the field like the rest of us who enjoy watching the games. Stop throwing tantrums because the whole board was on the IMG/MD game thread and noon peaked at a texas game thread.  Its comes in cycles.  Your states turn to have a dominating national team will come again at some point. I promise. Just be patient my 10 gallon hat wearing friend. 

Signed,

Someone aspiring to not be an asshole

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

We get that the bigger teams like MD, SJB, DLS, IMG, CEN10 on and on steal the attention away from texas hsfb teams, but are you ever going to give it a rest?  I can find many quotes from other coaches who have not taken serious smackdowns from MD that would say the opposite of what the ones that you posted said.  Sit back and enjoy the talent on the field like the rest of us who enjoy watching the games. Stop throwing tantrums because the whole board was on the IMG/MD game thread and noon peaked at a texas game thread.  Its comes in cycles.  Your states turn to have a dominating national team will come again at some point. I promise. Just be patient my 10 gallon hat wearing friend. 

Signed,

Someone aspiring to not be an asshole

Not sure why you added DLS... They arent on the level of those other teams atm.

Some people in Texas have had similar complaints about Allen. I think one of the Plano coaches (ironic, I know) was crying about it a few years back just to name one example.

So long as these super teams don't go around and try to pretend to be just some regular little old school, it doesn't really bother me. It is what it is. I doubt we'll ever see a real high school team be considered the best in the country again. We can take pride in Allen and Katy being two of the last teams to be considered that. 

I'm more impressed with little schools with a student population of 300 - 500 being able to line and up give other schools plenty of beatings. I personally prefer the game in a purer form.

Mater Dei  beat IMG. I'll give them some props for that. That's something not a lot of schools can say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I think that the only problem with the recruiting at the HS level is when fools one here use that given team to prop up there state as a whole.  I haven't seen that from the Cali guys like I would saw here in Jersey during the Bosco days.   Plus, SoCal has additional depth beyond MD and beat a team way more recruited up then them in IMG so I still se it as an accomplishment (though agree with you that the central accomplishment is more significant)  Parochial fans try and say that the publics get transfers blah blah.  They do - but there is no comparison to what the parochial schools do.  When you play Central, BTW, MIami NW or Carol City you can bet your ass the kids are from Liberty City, Overtown, Carol City or OPa Locka > this is the most impressive thing on the board in my opinion. The fact these teams can man up OOS from such a tiny population draw comparatively says it all to me - much respect.  

Not sure why so many try and knock Texas because they're way off but I assume it's under the same kind of logic where a  team from TX lost to someone so now TX sucks or some dumb ass logic like that.

Cali = great.  TX = great.     I'd actually roll the dice on TX vs any other state in a top 20 team from each state showdown but that's more of a pick em with Cali.  If FL had the QB play either of those states do I'd take FL over both of them but they don't have anything close

TX & Cali produce the most well rounded and deepest set of quality HS teams.  You guys like to argue with each other (in good fun I assume) but I respect both - what would football be without TX & Cali lol?

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I think that the only problem with the recruiting at the HS level is when fools one here use that given team to prop up there state as a whole.  I haven't seen that from the Cali guys like I would saw here in Jersey during the Bosco days.   Plus, SoCal has additional depth beyond MD and beat a team way more recruited up then them in IMG so I still se it as an accomplishment (though agree with you that the central accomplishment is more significant)  Parochial fans try and say that the publics get transfers blah blah.  They do - but there is no comparison to what the parochial schools do.  When you play Central, BTW, MIami NW or Carol City you can bet your ass the kids are from Liberty City, Overtown, Carol City or OPa Locka > this is the most impressive thing on the board in my opinion. The fact these teams can man up OOS from such a tiny population draw comparatively says it all to me - much respect.  

Not sure why so many try and knock Texas because they're way off but I assume it's under the same kind of logic where a  team from TX lost to someone so now TX sucks or some dumb ass logic like that.

Cali = great.  TX = great.     I'd actually roll the dice on TX vs any other state in a top 20 team from each state showdown but that's more of a pick em with Cali.  If FL had the QB play either of those states do I'd take FL over both of them but they don't have anything close

TX & Cali produce the most well rounded and deepest set of quality HS teams.  You guys like to argue with each other (in good fun I assume) but I respect both - what would football be without TX & Cali lol?

And I think you make a great point about the refs and the level of play.   That game moved closer to the pace of a college game than what the typical HS referee would see.  

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

[...]

[...]

I wonder whether you've ever played football.

There's an old adage that there's holding on every play; the question is how often to call it. That's why refs generally ignore holds that have little to do with the play, for example. 

• Haha 1