SJB 35 JSerra 28 Final

Ararar

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

They could’ve won 35-0 tonight and I wouldn’t have picked them over Mater Dei. The main thing is they won and the showdown is still on!

Yep...Bosco’s just played their first good team of the season. They had to knock off some rust. They my be lot better in 2 weeks. (And they will have to be)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

OLu will be a good warm up for them. MD will have their 2nd bye after IMG next week when they play Santa Margarita 

Don't sleep on SM. Even though they will likely finish 5th in league, they are battle tested and showed they can hang with teams like MV and OLU. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

All 6 teams looking good. Even servite showed good fight

They actually did despite losing 35-0. Servite limited the possessions for MD. I may be mistaken but I think until the end MD scored on every possession.

But as a MD fan I am very upset with their lack of discipline. Way too many penalties and too much showboating. Rollo needs to clean that crap up. I hope Dollars learned a lesson to run until the play is over 😯

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

They actually did despite losing 35-0. Servite limited the possessions for MD. I may be mistaken but I think until the end MD scored on every possession.

But as a MD fan I am very upset with their lack of discipline. Way too many penalties and too much showboating. Rollo needs to clean that crap up. I hope Dollars learned a lesson to run until the play is over 😯

Yeah I think they were bound to have a sloppy gave after last week. Don’t think dollars will do that again

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

JSerra is currently considering 2019 OOS opptys vs FL and GA teams. 

JSerra has a lot of underclassmen starting this year, so they would be a good rep to send OOS in 2019.  Only bad thing for them and the rest of the Trinity League, is that the days of being able to poach Servites 4* and 5* guys are over.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Do you think JSerra beats Archer this year?

Also, when do you think you'll be getting around to apologizing for claiming the IMG punt return holding call was bogus?

This league is so competitive.  I don't see a HS league remotely close to it nor have I going back through watching a ton of HS games over the last 15 years  (though not many 2015-2017 which is why I hadn't had a chance to see MD 17)

I just got back into it this year b/c I have my son watch.  He's in 8th grade and now wants to play for MD  after he saw what they did to Bergen Catholic.  I said wtf are u going to do - take a jet across the country daily?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

SoCal guys serious question.

Does JSerra look that good or is SJB just overrated?

JSerra looked pretty darn good on TV last night.  The word around So Cal during preseason, was that they would be #3 in the Trinity although the media preferred OLU.  So JSerra was sort of a "sleeper".  They also start a lot of sophs and Jr's. plus one freshman.

I had them in Tier 4 last week..   Everyone mocked me.  No one mocks JSerra now.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Maybe a little of both? JSerra is good and SJB isn’t top 3 in the nation at the moment.

SJB did struggle.  Could be due to the horrifically bad preseason schedule.  SJB finally played a team that could punch back, and they seemed shell shocked.  But you could see flashes of SJB explosiveness. 

Now that Trinity League is here, SJB will have to bring their "A" game every week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

Maybe a little of both? JSerra is good and SJB isn’t top 3 in the nation at the moment.

i have been saying JSerra was going to be the 5th best in the state since February. they had a good team coming back and then added a ton of kids from Mater Dei and Cen10. they will end up 3rd in the Trinity League but will also end up a quarter finalist in the CIF SS D1 playoffs. they are better then both Oaks and MV. 

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

JSerra looked pretty darn good on TV last night.  The word around So Cal during preseason, was that they would be #3 in the Trinity although the media preferred OLU.  So JSerra was sort of a "sleeper".  They also start a lot of sophs and Jr's. plus one freshman.

I had them in Tier 3 last week same as DLS and Coolhwhip, and the devil.   Everyone mocked me.  No one mocks JSerra now.

Agreed they’re obviously a very good team but I’m starting to think SJB might be slightly overrated. 

JSerra 21-20 Bishop Amat 

Bishop Amat 28-27 Chaminade

Folsom 72-34 Chaminade

🧐

15 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Agreed they’re obviously a very good team but I’m starting to think SJB might be slightly overrated. 

JSerra 21-20 Bishop Amat 

Bishop Amat 28-27 Chaminade

Folsom 72-34 Chaminade

🧐

I think they were a little bewildered that they couldn’t just roll over JSerra like everyone else.Once they got over that they controlled the 2nd half with ground and pound.It happens man,Folsom wasn’t expecting DLS to shut them down they just weren’t ready for what they got same for SJB.They do have to improve to stay with MD though