What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Here are some highlights of their RB.  King Dourue

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6254222/59eff0b7c11a8d271c0e929b

Thanks.  They beat 2 undefeated Tarrant County teams the last 3 wks.  3 runners went over 100 for them against Haltom and the Coach Ken Plunk says we have made a name for ourselves outside the Panhandle.  Pretty cool

23 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir! What do you know about Tascosa?  Remember early in the year we said every year a Team pops up in Texas and are like who are these guys.  I wanna hear from someone whose seen them.  Not on a video but live.  Are they big, athletic? That's not the part of Texas known for speed.  Interesting as heck.  Can't wait to see these guys Saturday.  I'm hearing this is the Wishbone.

Flexbone. Motion on every play almost. True triple option.

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Thanks.  They beat 2 undefeated Tarrant County teams the last 3 wks.  3 runners went over 100 for them against Haltom and the Coach Ken Plunk says we have made a name for ourselves outside the Panhandle.  Pretty cool

Yes, they beat haltom pretty good.  What did you think of the RB?  That was his JR season highlights.  

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That's really unique here in Texas at that level.  A lot of this in 4A and below. Rare in 5A and 6A.  Carthage gonna catch hell from Liberty Hill.  Which may have the best ground attack regardless of class.  

Best Flexbone/triple option was from when Byrd beat Longview at the BoB. Flat out wore us down. Thats what that offense is designed to do though. Wear you down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yes, they beat haltom pretty good.  What did you think of the RB?  That was his JR season highlights.  

Pretty good.  This offense can hurt and negate Lobos Speed with over pursuit.  Can they cover #11 for the Lobos.  I expect their defense to be good against the run.  Contrast in styles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Pretty good.  This offense can hurt and negate Lobos Speed with over pursuit.  Can they cover #11 for the Lobos.  I expect their defense to be goid against the run.  Contrast in styles.

Especially if they can grind it out on the ground and eat up the clock.  Keep themselves within arms reach and create a TO or two.  Will be interesting how it unfolds. 

1 minute ago, rockinl said:

Best Flexbone/triple option was from when Byrd beat Longview at the BoB. Flat out wore us down. Thats what that offense is designed to do though. Wear you down.

That Byrd LV game was close.  They did execute it well.  We both were there.  That team can't touch this Lobo team. This is a damn good Lobos team that would have smoked that Lobos team that played Byrd IMHO.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

Especially if they can grind it out on the ground and eat up the clock.  Keep themselves within arms reach and create a TO or two.  Will be interesting how it unfolds. 

That's what they did to Haltom.  Why have the 2 teams that travel the farthest play the night game? That's crazy.  This should be the early or evening game. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

That Byrd LV game was close.  They did execute it well.  We both were there.  That team can't touch this Lobo team. This is a damn good Lobos team that would have smoked that Lobos team that played Byrd IMHO.  

That might be true, but LV has never beaten Byrd, so that style has caused them problems with several of their teams. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That might be true, but LV has never beaten Byrd, so that style has caused them problems with several of their teams. 

No doubt.  Byrd ran it well.  I still think this is another level Lobos team.   And they have only played Byrd like once since integration.  That Lobos team lost to Marshall as well. Not sure 1930 - 1960 Byrd is a fair comparison 🤘

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

That will be a good one.  Also I believe 5A Wagner and shadow creek play as well @NRG. At 6:00.    Will you make that one too?   Both teams are very athletic with excellent defenses. 

My sources are telling the rise of Shadow Creek is hurting Manvel.  Also Shadow Creek missed being 6A by 1.5 students and by the time they went back to school this year they had 6A enrollment numbers.

I probably will watch some of this game then hit the road back to SA.  The National AD convention starts on Sunday in SA

10 minutes ago, Texasball said:

My sources are telling the rise of Shadow Creek is hurting Manvel.  Also Shadow Creek missed being 6A by 1.5 students and by the time they went back to school this year they had 6A enrollment numbers.

I probably will watch some of this game then hit the road back to SA.  The National AD convention starts on Sunday in SA

I believe it that it’s hurting Manvel.  Interesting on their enrollment too.  I was looking at their talent in 24/7 and star ratings and it’s pretty impressive. In their 2019/2020 classes they have: 

1 X 4 star

7 X 3 stars

1 X 2 Star

and about another 4 more kids listed but no rating yet. 

45 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir! What do you know about Tascosa?  Remember early in the year we said every year a Team pops up in Texas and are like who are these guys.  I wanna hear from someone whose seen them.  Not on a video but live.  Are they big, athletic? That's not the part of Texas known for speed.  Interesting as heck.  Can't wait to see these guys Saturday.  I'm hearing this is the Wishbone.

They have two D1 RB's.  Coaches told me they are bigger and more athletic then most expect from Amarillo team.

Being here in Texas all these years and I did not realize how many black athletes they actually have.

Make no mistake about it, they beat three pretty damn athletic teams when they beat Mansfield Lake Ridge, Arlington High, and Haltom.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I believe it that it’s hurting Manvel.  Interesting on their enrollment too.  I was looking at their talent in 24/7 and star ratings and it’s pretty impressive. In their 2019/2020 classes they have: 

1 X 4 star

7 X 3 stars

1 X 2 Star

and about another 6-7 more kids listed but no rating yet. 

It's actually in the Alvin ISD and it feels like you are in Pearland.  There is some country club/ sub division or what ever where the school is that has 75K roofs.  It's in a rich area too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

Everyone knows that I don't believe in national bogus polls.  I find it funny that Allen is #1, North Shore is #8, and Duncanville is ranked #11 in the latest USA Today national poll.   Now all the sudden USA Today is horrible and they are only ranking by zip code and blah blah blah according to some on this web-site who live and die by national rankings.   It was great poll when MD was the #1 team lol.  

The good news for the MD fans is there is good chance Allen will not end up the #1 team in Texas.

https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2018/18/

USAT poll has sucked for many years.  Not just this year.  Its a total zipcode paper.  They have a business to run so I get it.  But most knowledgeable have said it has sucked for years.  

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

USAT poll has sucked for many years.  Not just this year.  Its a total zipcode paper.  They have a business to run so I get it.  But most knowledgeable have said it has sucked for years.  

Yeah, polls can go one way or another.  No big deal really. 

But anyways, are you going to watch any of these matchups?