What up Texas?

DevilDog

26 minutes ago, Texasball said:

See if you can read the story

Hey Bro:

The best ever?
On Sunday, Allen five-star wide receiver Theo Wease tweeted out "These semifinal games looking like the college football playoffs."

Next week's Class 6A Division I semifinals will certainly be loaded with high-level college recruits. That includes Wease and four-star Allen offensive lineman EJ Ndoma-Ogar -- both committed to Oklahoma, which will play in this season's College Football Playoff.

With Allen playing Duncanville and Galena Park North Shore facing Austin Lake Travis, these are arguably the best set of state semifinals that the state of Texas has ever had.

Defending 6A Division I state champion Allen (14-0) has won 30 straight games, is trying to win its sixth state title in 11 years and is ranked No. 1 in the nation by USA Today. Duncanville (13-0) is ranked No. 14 in the nation and has an incredible defense that is allowing an average of 4.6 points per game.

North Shore (14-0) is ranked No. 10 nationally and has the state's No. 1-ranked recruit in the Class of 2020 -- five-star running back Zachary Evans, who scored five touchdowns in a 38-21 win over 2017 6A Division II state champion Cy-Fair. Lake Travis (12-1) has won six state championships, was a state-runner-up last year and is coming off a 38-21 win over previously undefeated Converse Judson.

Record crowd?
The largest crowd on record to ever watch a Texas high school football game is 54,347 for the 2013 state championship game between Allen and Pearland at the Cowboys' AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Could that record fall Saturday at the same location?

A huge crowd is expected for the 4 p.m. Duncanville vs. Allen showdown that is a matchup of nationally ranked and undefeated teams. And right before that, back-to-back 5A Division I state champion Highland Park will face Denton Ryan at noon at AT&T Stadium.

Chance for revenge
Denton Ryan will face Highland Park in a Class 5A Division I state semifinal for the third straight season. Ryan will be looking to avenge a 31-24 loss in 2016 and a 45-35 loss last season.

Highland Park (14-0) has won 29 games in a row since a season-opening loss to Rockwall last year. Denton Ryan is 14-0 this season and has won 55 of its last 58 games.

Best D-FW player still playing?
Who is the best player in the Dallas-Fort Worth area who will be playing in next week's state semifinals? There are several candidates.

Highland Park quarterback Chandler Morris has thrown for 3,483 yards and 40 touchdowns, and he has run for 557 yards and 17 touchdowns. On Saturday he produced perhaps his best quarter of the season, rallying Highland Park from a 21-point fourth-quarter deficit by accounting for four touchdowns (two passing, two rushing) in a 42-35 win over Tyler John Tyler.

Allen quarterback Grant Tisdale, committed to Mississippi, has accounted for 44 touchdowns (30 passing) and Oklahoma pledge Theo Wease has 66 catches for 940 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Aledo five-star junior running back Jase McClellan, committed to Oklahoma, has run for 1,794 yards and 41 touchdowns for a 14-0 team. And Duncanville coach Reginald Samples has called defensive tackle De'Braylon Carroll the best player this season on a Panthers defense that is loaded with superstar players and high-ranked recruits.

Biggest underdog?
Wichita Falls Rider will probably be considered a huge underdog in its Class 5A Division II state semifinal against Aledo at 8 p.m. Friday at AT&T Stadium. Rider is 9-5, while undefeated Aledo (14-0) is a seven-time state champion that has outscored the opposition 693-183.

Aledo will be trying to reach a state championship game for the eighth time since 2009. But Rider fans can hope for an upset knowing that their team has won eight in a row since a 1-4 start.

in the last 8 yrs.  4 Texas HS QB's have won the Heisman and both times each were back to back 

And 2005, 2008 and 2009 were Runner ups and 1 3rd.  Vince Young and Colt McCoy.

Here are the top 3 vote getters for the Heisman 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place finishes since 2011. 

2011 Robert Griffin III - QB,
Baylor
Andrew Luck - QB,
Stanford
Trent Richardson - RB,
Alabama
2012 Johnny Manziel - QB,
Texas A&M
Manti Te'o - LB,
Notre Dame
Collin Klein - QB,
Kansas State
2013 Jameis Winston - QB,
Florida State
A.J. McCarron - QB,
Alabama
Jordan Lynch - QB,
Northern Illinois
2014 Marcus Mariota - QB,
Oregon
Melvin Gordon - RB,
Wisconsin
Amari Cooper - WR,
Alabama
2015 Derrick Henry - RB,
Alabama
Christian McCaffrey - RB,
Stanford
Deshaun Watson - QB,
Clemson
2016 Lamar Jackson - QB,
Louisville
Deshaun Watson - QB,
Clemson
Baker Mayfield - QB,
Oklahoma
2017 Baker Mayfield - QB,
Oklahoma
Bryce Love - RB,
Stanford
Lamar Jackson - QB,
Louisville
2018 Kyler Murray- QB,
Oklahoma
Tua Tagovailoa- QB,
Alabama
Dwayne Haskins- QB,
Ohio State

On 12/9/2018 at 6:54 AM, FloTex said:

I can see LT beating North Shore.  Those kids don’t know how to lose, and they damn sure won’t be intimidated.  

I don’t know how big LT is upfront defensively, but If they can slow down that North Shore running game without committing 7 to do it, they have a great chance.

North Shore is huge up front, but only 2 of those guys are real good.  The other 3, while not horrible, are pretty damn lazy and slow footed.

Here are LT's fundamental problems against North Shore. 1.) North Shore's offense has scored 116 more points this year than LT's offense has. 2.) North Shore's defense has allowed 116 fewer points than the Lake Travis defense*. 3.) North Shore has accomplished those offensive and defensive numbers while it played a more difficult schedule than Lake Travis. It is very hard to argue that Lake Travis is the better team.

* More than half of the points North Shore has given up (80) were scored against their defense by the 3 power I formation opponents North Shore has played. The 11 spread teams they have played have scored 73 points on that defense. The last time I checked LT was a spread formation team.

Everyone knows that I don't believe in national bogus polls.  I find it funny that Allen is #1, North Shore is #8, and Duncanville is ranked #11 in the latest USA Today national poll.   Now all the sudden USA Today is horrible and they are only ranking by zip code and blah blah blah according to some on this web-site who live and die by national rankings.   It was great poll when MD was the #1 team lol.  

The good news for the MD fans is there is good chance Allen will not end up the #1 team in Texas.

https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2018/18/

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Who would have ever thought Tascosa would be this talented.  I say pumped the breaks on just penciling in Longview to beat them.

Tascosa has more talent then most realize.

Youre hearing it from me. This Tascosa team will be hard to beat. They are big and stout up front, have PLENTY of speed,  and they got to the 6A D2 semis by running the ball. Not an easy feat, no matter which region you are in. Last time I saw this Flexbone offense ran this well, was when Shreveport Byrd beat Longview at the BoB a few years ago. Tascosa runs it just as good. 

Go LOBOS!

40 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Everyone knows that I don't believe in national bogus polls.  I find it funny that Allen is #1, North Shore is #8, and Duncanville is ranked #11 in the latest USA Today national poll.   Now all the sudden USA Today is horrible and they are only ranking by zip code and blah blah blah according to some on this web-site who live and die by national rankings.   It was great poll when MD was the #1 team lol.  

The good news for the MD fans is there is good chance Allen will not end up the #1 team in Texas.

https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2018/18/

I don't either it's a fallacy.  Remember I asked the National gurus to name every State Champ in Texas by Class.  Because if you are a master of the Nation.  You damn sure can master a State.  If you asked the guys from Texas that have seen these teams in person to rank them you would get multiple different views.  I damn sure don't know who's #1 in the Metroplex for that matter.  

6 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Youre hearing it from me. This Tascosa team will be hard to beat. They are big and stout up front, have PLENTY of speed,  and they got to the 6A D2 semis by running the ball. Not an easy feat, no matter which region you are in. Last time I saw this Flexbone offense ran this well, was when Shreveport Byrd beat Longview at the BoB a few years ago. Tascosa runs it just as good. 

Go LOBOS!

Please beat the West Texas fighting Switzer's.  I was at the Byrd game at the BOB.  I do believe this is another level Lobos.  The Redskin says you're better than Dville.  Dem Lobos impressed her and you know she been hard on dem Lobos.  🤘it's 14:37 and OU still sucks. 

Do you think a team that practices against the Wishbone offense will have difficulty with the offense that the Lobos employ and it's variety of options? 

23 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Please beat the West Texas fighting Switzer's.  I was at the Byrd game at the BOB.  I do believe this is another level Lobos.  The Redskin says you're better than Dville.  Dem Lobos impressed her and you know she been hard on dem Lobos.  🤘it's 14:37 and OU still sucks. 

Do you think a team that practices against the Wishbone offense will have difficulty with the offense that the Lobos employ and it's variety of options? 

It's harder for Longview to get ready for Tascosa than other way around.   Tascosa has seen offenses similar to Longview.  It's likely that Longview has not seen dedicated triple option attack this year.  

Lake Ridge and Arlington High have similar athletes to Longview.   This should be very interesting game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It's harder for Longview to get ready for Tascosa than other way around.   Tascosa has seen offenses similar to Longview.  It's likely that Longview has not seen dedicated triple option attack this year.  

Lake Ridge and Arlington High have similar athletes to Longview.   This should be very interesting game.

I can see this being interesting for a while.

43 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I really hate that I will be missing all the DFW playoff games this week.

I will be traveling to San Antonio on business.  However, I will leave SA Saturday Morning to make the North Shore game vs Lake Travis at NRG 2:00pm.

That will be a good one.  Also I believe 5A Wagner and shadow creek play as well @NRG. At 6:00.    Will you make that one too?   Both teams are very athletic with excellent defenses. 

50 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Why do you say for a while? You think Longview blows it open eventually? 

Sir! What do you know about Tascosa?  Remember early in the year we said every year a Team pops up in Texas and are like who are these guys.  I wanna hear from someone whose seen them.  Not on a video but live.  Are they big, athletic? That's not the part of Texas known for speed.  Interesting as heck.  Can't wait to see these guys Saturday.  I'm hearing this is the Wishbone.

Just now, DevilDog said:

Sir! What do you know about Tax code.  Remember early in the year we said every year a Team pops up in Texas and are like who are these guys.  I wanna hear from someone whose seen them.  Not on a video but live.  Are they big, athletic? That's not the part of Texsas known for speed.  Interesting as heck.  Can't wait to see these guys Saturday.  

I only know they have a stud RB going to Purdue.  I’ve seen video of him only.  He’s around 6’0 200.  Got to watch out for those west TX RBs.  Could be in the mold of Sims a few years back from Abilene or a Cedric benson. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I only know they have a stud RB going to Purdue.  I’ve seen video of him only.  He’s around 6’0 200.  Got to watch out for those west TX RBs.  Could be in the mold of Sims a few years back from Abilene or a Cedric benson. 

Here are some highlights of their RB.  King Dourue

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6254222/59eff0b7c11a8d271c0e929b

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I know historically that region is known for tough football.  Canadian a little team from out there tough as heck. Those kids are closer to the Capitals of Colorado, New Mexico and Oklahoma than they are Austin.  Strange for us Metroplex football people to see this team b4 State.  I hear they are tougher than it is to eat that damn Steak at The Big Texan Steak Ranch off of I-40. 🤣  if they win do they stay here for State or take the 500mile trip back?

Just now, DevilDog said:

I know historically that tegion is known for tough football.  Canadian a little team from out there tough as heck. Those kids are closer to the Capitals of Colorado, New Mexico and Oklahoma than they are Austin.  Strange for us Metroplex football people to see this team b4 State.  I hear they are tougher than it is to eat that damn Steak at The Big Texan Steak Ranch off of I-40. 🤣  if they win do they stay here for State or take the 500mile trip back?

Yep.  I do expect them to be tough as nails.  Good question about traveling back, unless they have finals coming up.  Schools should be rounding out the 6 weeks for this semester.