What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

USAT poll has sucked for many years.  Not just this year.  Its a total zipcode paper.  They have a business to run so I get it.  But most knowledgeable have said it has sucked for years.  

What zip code have they over looked this year?  The only difference in there poll and some others is their opinion of order for the most part

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/special-reports/databases/article222468050.html

Texas high school football coaches of 5A and 6A programs average nearly $100,000 per year, according to records obtained by the Star-Telegram. Here are the salaries for each of those head coaches, which includes 41 that make at least $120,000 and 11 that make at least $130,000. Austin Lake Travis’ Hank Carter is the highest-paid coach in the state at $158,512. He and Austin Westlake’s Todd Dodge are the only coaches in the state to make over $150,000.

Tascosa is big and fast. Id say theyre the most athletic west texas team. Their 2 main rbs are d1 bound they have this "athlete" who plays every where whos commited to baylor. Hes a stud and has elite speed (4.3 40 backed up by a 10.4 100meter dash) and is just a ballhawk, gha kid i believe.  Kong doerue is also a legit 4.4 guy. Their qb is small but can run and has beaten some teams when they focus on everyone else. I believe their top 4 or 5 players go both ways. Ive seen their top rb king doerue at lb and their second rb at linebacker also. Then they have the baylor commit at db and wr. So far theyve been their difference makers. They have a pretty go d end that ive heard alot from recently. Havjng those 4 or 5 studs and an unorthodox offense really helps against those dfw teams theyve faced which were athletic all around

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Tascosa is big and fast. Id say theyre the most athletic west texas team. Their 2 main rbs are d1 bound they have this "athlete" who plays every where whos commited to baylor. Hes a stud and has elite speed (4.3 40 backed up by a 10.4 100meter dash) and is just a ballhawk, gha kid i believe.  Kong doerue is also a legit 4.4 guy. Their qb is small but can run and has beaten some teams when they focus on everyone else. I believe their top 4 or 5 players go both ways. Ive seen their top rb king doerue at lb and their second rb at linebacker also. Then they have the baylor commit at db and wr. So far theyve been their difference makers. They have a pretty go d end that ive heard alot from recently. Havjng those 4 or 5 studs and an unorthodox offense really helps against those dfw teams theyve faced which were athletic all around

Longview will score 60 points on this team and win in a 60-20 type game..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Texasvic said:

That's pretty cool and will be the 1st time I've seen a team that far out west in 6A.  When was the last time a West Texas or Panhandle team made the Semis in 5A or 6A?  And this team beat 3 Metroplex teams in a row.  They must have some athletes because those kids at Lake Ridge are damn fast.  They did lose to Americas who lost to a 3A quality Midland Christian.  You don't make it this far in Region 1 and not be good. 

Just now, Pack007 said:

Game will Probably get ugly. Not sure why people are bringing up the team that played Byrd or whatever a few seasons ago. Not the same lobo team. 

That team lost to Marshall.  I agree different animal.  Gotta give you props this is a great Lobo team.. Best offense I've seen personally and a solid defense.  Very good football team.  But I wouldn't overlook anyone at this stage.  Lake Ridge and Haltom are athletic and fast and they beat them 

25 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Game will Probably get ugly. Not sure why people are bringing up the team that played Byrd or whatever a few seasons ago. Not the same lobo team. 

This could very well be true, but why are you so confident this will be a blowout ? 

This is not a 1st round game, tascosa has beaten the 15th and 17th ranked teams (according to DCTF) in 6A to get here.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

There is only so much hype you can give a 3 loss team that was blown up by Hanna, TX.

The attempt to is refreshing though...

Tascosa is going to get stomped by Longview...

Past losses are irrelevant if you don’t know why they lost.  What’s more relevant to this week, early season losses or recent playoff wins over two top 20 6A teams? 

2018 FINALISTS MR. TEXAS FOOTBALL

• Haltom QB Michael Black — 2,714 yards, 27 TDs, 4 INTs, 60% passing; 1,691 yards, 20 TDs rushing
  • Lubbock Coronado WR Blair Conwright — 105 catches, 1,546 yards, 25 TDs receiving; 57 yards, TD rushing; 2 return TDs
  • Wichita Falls Hirschi RB Daimarqua Foster— 254 carries, 2,800 yards, 41 TDs rushing; 14 catches, 280 yards, 3 TDs receiving
  • Mission Veterans Memorial QB Landry Gilpin — 4,545 yards, 50 TDs, 11 INTs, 59% passing; 2,115 yards, 32 TDs rushing
  • Hutto QB Chase Griffin — 4,051 yards, 51 TDs, 5 INTs, 71% passing; 415 yards, 8 TDs rushing
  • Houston St. Pius X QB Grant Gunnell — 4,752 yards, 53 TDs, 7 INTs, 68% passing; 533 yards, 8 TDs rushing
  • Falls City QB Keyshawn Johnson — 2,886 yards, 40 TDs, 6 INTs, 72% passing; 1,268 yards, 19 TDs rushing; 24 tackles, 5 INTs, FR, 1 defensive TD
  • Port Neches-Groves QB Roschon Johnson — 2,324 yards passing, 22 TDs passing; 1,618 yards rushing, 27 TDs
  • Longview QB Haynes King — 3,269 yards, 40 TDs, 3 INTs, 72% passing; 547 yards, 7 TDs rushing
  • Aledo RB Jase McClellan — 232 carries, 1,794 yards, 41 TDs rushing; 8 catches, 84 yards receiving
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This could very well be true, but why are you so confident this will be a blowout ? 

This is not a 1st round game, tascosa has beaten the 15th and 17th ranked teams (according to DCTF) in 6A to get here.  

I reserve judgement till I see them in person.  Never talk about things you dont know about.  I don't know about them.  I know this they beat 3 good DFW teams to get here.  A lot of reasons team can lose early season games.  Injuries a bad game etc.  You have to go to games to know these teams.  I don't know anything about them.  Till you guys posted videos.  I wouldnt be able to name one kid.  I know kids off of every big time team here including Haltom.  They beat an athletic Haltom.  I wouldn't dismiss them.  

• Like 1