What up Texas?

DevilDog

13 hours ago, Cracker said:

Good, but...

Best BBQ Hutchins BBQ (McKinney, Texas)

Bro that's our neck of the woods right off hwy 380 in Beautiful McKinney, TX.   I actually met the VP of a Company there who flew into DFW a year ago and wanted me to work for his company and asked me where should we meet and that he would drive out to my area for lunch and Hutchins is what I chose and sealed the Deal.  True Story.  That line is crazy on the weekends. 

Image result for hutchins bbq line

• Like 1

IMHO are the Top 10 HS Football Stadiums in my Hood (Collin County).  You would have a hard time finding 10 better across the nation let alone Texas.   3 of them are 4A Schools.  None of these schools are more than 25 miles apart. Most are within 15 - 20 miles of each other.  Several within 10 miles.  

This is how I would rank them 1-10.  Pretty cool to live so close to such great Stadiums and some good Football teams in this County.  Plano, Allen and Celina are legendary TX HS Programs.  Frisco and Prosper are rising Powers as well. Melissa is a 4A power and won State a few years back in 3A as did Farmersville in 2A.  Princeton is booming and will be a force soon in 5A. 

1.   Eagle Stadium Allen Capacity: 18000

Image result for eagle stadium allen tx

2.  McKinney ISD Stadium Capacity: 12000

McKinney ISD Stadium

3.  Prosper Stadium under construction Capacity: 12000

4.  Tom Kimbrough Stadium Murphy, TX Capacity: 9800

5.  Celina:  The new Celina ISD Athletic Complex will cost $24.5 million and is scheduled to be completed in September 2019. The football stadium will seat 6,500 people -- 4,500 on the home side and 2,000 on the visitor side. Hemby said the stadium will have the ability to expand to 10,000 seats.

image.thumb.png.5bd28d6fddfd32ffeeb1267d5116d5e0.png

6.  Frisco Memorial Stadium Capacity: 9000

FISD Memorial Stadium Complex

7. Wylie Stadium Capacity: 10000

8.  Cardinal Stadium in Melissa  Capacity: 2300:  Is in a residential area and  nice homes all around it

9. John Clark Plano, TX  Capacity: 14224

10.  Anna Coyote Stadium.  Capacity: 4600  This town is about 5 miles from Melissa 

Honorable Mention:

Jackie Hendrix Stadium Princeton, TX  Capacity: 5500

Image result for princeton tx football stadium

Leopard Stadium Lucas, TX Capacity: 6500

Leopard Stadium

Ron Poe McKinnney  Capacity: 7000

Stadium «Ron Poe Stadium», reviews and photos, 1 Duvall St, McKinney, TX 75069, USA

• Like 1

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/special-reports/databases/article222468050.html

Texas high school football coaches of 5A and 6A programs average nearly $100,000 per year, according to records obtained by the Star-Telegram. Here are the salaries for each of those head coaches, which includes 41 that make at least $120,000 and 11 that make at least $130,000. Austin Lake Travis’ Hank Carter is the highest-paid coach in the state at $158,512. He and Austin Westlake’s Todd Dodge are the only coaches in the state to make over $150,000.

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

IMHO are the Top 10 HS Football Stadiums in my Hood (Collin County).  You would have a hard time finding 10 better across the nation let alone Texas.   3 of them are 4A Schools.  None of these schools are more than 25 miles apart. Most are within 15 - 20 miles of each other.  Several within 10 miles.  

This is how I would rank them 1-10.  Pretty cool to live so close to such great Stadiums and some good Football teams in this County.  Plano, Allen and Celina are legendary TX HS Programs.  Frisco and Prosper are rising Powers as well. Melissa is a 4A power and won State a few years back in 3A as did Farmersville in 2A.  Princeton is booming and will be a force soon in 5A. 

McKinney ISD Stadium

5.  Celina:  The new Celina ISD Athletic Complex will cost $24.5 million and is scheduled to be completed in September 2019. The football stadium will seat 6,500 people -- 4,500 on the home side and 2,000 on the visitor side. Hemby said the stadium will have the ability to expand to 10,000 seats.

8.  Cardinal Stadium in Melissa  Capacity: 2300:  Is in a residential area and  nice homes all around it

10.  Anna Coyote Stadium.  Capacity: 4600  This town is about 5 miles from Melissa 

Honorable Mention:

Leopard Stadium

Stadium «Ron Poe Stadium», reviews and photos, 1 Duvall St, McKinney, TX 75069, USA

WOW!!! Haven't been back in two years, before that almost twenty....

Pastures and croplands are now subdivisions.

Regards,

BGW

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

McKinney ISD Stadium

Honorable Mention:

Leopard Stadium

Get Ron Poe oughta there! ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Aight "all hat, no cattle"🤣... you're telling me 7500 spectators at a track meet?

I don't see it... 2-3000 maybe. M A Y B E .

BGW

I wasnt talking about attendance the culture of track is huge most stadiums will have really good tracks as well. It makes sense to have it at the football stadium economically.   

23 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Aight "all hat, no cattle"🤣... you're telling me 7500 spectators at a track meet?

I don't see it... 2-3000 maybe. M A Y B E .

BGW

Let me say - for attendance it depends on the meet

bigger school districts are starting to build stadiums without the tracks.

small schools will always have tracks 

Typically stadiums with tracks - the teams use the visitors side to set up camp and only the home side is used for spectators 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

@DevilDog

In this article the coach says powerlifting and track is just extension of off season- lol we didn’t just make that shit up 

Pretty standard stuff at Buford, didn't realize there were detractors.

I got your back T-Ball... although the emphasis hasn't been on powerlifting, I do expect that to change for those athletes that want to compete in that arena.

Buford has a pretty darn good weightlifting program. 

Coach App wants the players to participate in other sports.

BGW

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Pretty standard stuff at Buford, didn't realize there were detractors.

I got your back T-Ball... although the emphasis hasn't been on powerlifting, I do expect that to change for those athletes that want to compete in that arena.

Buford has a pretty darn good weightlifting program. 

Coach App wants the players to participate in other sports.

BGW

Powerlifting has been big here for many years.  In the 90’s and early 2000’s I sponsored the association.  Stephenville gave a lot of credit to PL for their state football titles in the 90’s .  

For most here it used for more lifting time for football and not necessarily for lifting championships (if that makes sense) you have to really understand training and most coaches today do understand that PL can build strong / slow players if not mixed in with other styles of lifting/training.

I like the tier system developed by Joe Kenn who is the head Strength coach of the Carolina Panthers.

• Like 1

I love 4A ball.  Here he is in that game against Gilmer.  Was a very good game he is number 74.  Gilmer is never without athletes.  Remember 3A Newton Smoked this Gilmer Team.  #7 Webb for Gilmer had a great game and #14 for Gilmer is a heckuva football player on both sides of the ball.  This was one of the best Playoff games I attended last year and I was at State with @Texasball and the Redskin.