What up Texas?

DevilDog

44 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Seesh...Dunne taking all the hits.

And we fuss about TAPPS teams recruiting players???

DFW privates are taking a hit as of late. Lynch loss FBS RB Charles Crawford to Mesquite Horn.

And even though Dunne picked up Orji from Rockwall, from what I hear, wouldnt surprise me to see him back in Rockwall this year, if not next year.

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

In the 5A D2 world, Marshall has picked up some FBS transfers throughout the offseason and was able to retain FBS QB JJ Green after he was rumored to be leaving out. They just added https://247sports.com/Player/Lyrik-Rawls-46080687/ this week. This was a team that was already returning 16 from 10-3.

Can they beat Aledo? I wouldnt bet on it, but they have the talent.

They will not beat 4A D1 power Carthage IMHO. Carthage beat their JV, Fr and 8th graders and varsity last year

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Seesh...Dunne taking all the hits.

And we fuss about TAPPS teams recruiting players???

This is why TAPPS will never truly be consistently good.  They can’t consistently keep pipeline of star players coming.  

This why - they can’t compete with things like this

All 5 Mansfield schools have built big badass field house / Wt rooms that will be completed prior to the start of this school year

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

This is why TAPPS will never truly be consistently good.  They can’t consistently keep pipeline of star players coming.  

This why - they can’t compete with things like this

All 5 Mansfield schools have built big badass field house / Wt rooms that will be completed prior to the start of this school year

Dunne had massive teacher/coaching cuts that’s why the players have left. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Have to move to Jersey or Cali for a decent private.

Just come to Buford, our shit is brand new and still got 100 mill in the bank.

BGW

In reality only Jawjaa, Missicreappi and Texas are ruled by Publics.  How many Privates are top 10 in either of those States? No others can say the same.  They are recruited up or stacked Privates.  The fact Texas Privates have done well in OOS games says alot about the quality of public football here.  The best Privates are here are not better than our 4A elite.  I know this because they play them.   I think Texas is the only State to win a mythical NC with public schools in the last decade and possibly Colquitt County if memory serves me correctly.  FL has great Publics but also have dominate Privates. NM though not thought of as the other States are public dominated.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

In reality only Jawjaa, Missicreappi and Texas are ruled by Publics.  How many Privates are top 10 in either of those States? No others can say the same.  They are recruited up or stacked Privates.  The fact Texas Privates have done well in OOS games says alot about the quality of public football here.  The best Privates are here are not better than our 4A elite.  I know this because they play them.   I think Texas is the only State to win a mythical NC with public schools in the last decade and possibly Colquitt County if memory serves me correctly.  FL has great Publics but also have dominate Privates. NM though not thought of as the other States are public dominated.  

Colquitt in 2015, yes sir.

Publics rule in Georgia and Texas. They both spend the damn money on teachers, facilities, etc.,.

BGW

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

@DevilDog @Horsefly

these are probably hand held - I am sure the coach try’s very hard to be consistent-  Regardless Duncanville has some speed!

I read about DV a lot on Twitter, they are serious about integrating track with football.  They have excellent speed, notice some of these guys are on defense one of them is their starting OLB (thursby) 

19 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I read about DV a lot on Twitter, they are serious about integrating track with football.  They have excellent speed, notice some of these guys are on defense one of them is their starting OLB (thursby) 

Don't let Sammy see this.  Remember Mater Del is faster.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

An absolute baller at D'ville .  This is the biggest Damn 16yr old in Texas 🤣

@Texasball @Horsefly

WOW !! 16 Year Old Kendrick Blackshire from Duncanville (TX) Over 30 D1 Offers

Yeah, he's a big dude.  There's an interview he did where he said samples was the best thing to happen to him, made him lose weight and challenged him to be the best he can be. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 11:36 PM, DevilDog said:

An absolute baller at D'ville .  This is the biggest Damn 16yr old in Texas 🤣

@Texasball @Horsefly

WOW !! 16 Year Old Kendrick Blackshire from Duncanville (TX) Over 30 D1 Offers

Yeah he's big, but still wasnt top 3 2021 guys that I saw in 11-6A last season. Tended to take too many plays off and may not have the work ethic that many think.

I'm sure Samples changes that but he'll have big shoes to fill at the Mike position. Anthony Cruz was one of the best LB's that I saw last year and its absolutely laughable that he couldnt get more looks on the recruiting front.