What up Texas?

DevilDog

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Bro you ready to ride this year and enjoy some Texas HS Football?   Nothing better to have Desoto U back, ET, SLC, Cedar Hill, Allen, Aledo, Highland Park,  Rockwall, Argyle, Denton Ryan, Duncanville, Celina, T.C. Cedar Hill.  Right here in my backyard.  Yep don't have to travel far at all to see some damn good ball.  Then head out East to the Beast, Lobos, John Tyler, Carthage, Gilmer, Newton, WOS, Jasper, Lufkin, Marshall.  Yep can't wait. 

Week one Must see Games in Texas by Class

6A:

• #1 North Shore vs. #5 Katy 8/29
  • #4 Allen vs. Cedar Hill 8/30
  • #6 Longview vs. @ 5A #7 Lufkin 8/30
  • #8 Denton Guyer @ 5ADII #1 Aledo 8/30
  • #14 Cy-Fair @  #17 The Woodlands 8/31
  • #16 Desoto vs. Odessa Permian 8/30
  • #18 Rockwall vs. 5ADI #1 Highland Park 8/30
  • #20 Midway @ @ Euless Trinity 8/30
  • #21 Westfield vs. Houston Lamar 8/29

Class 5A Division I 

#1 Highland Park 8/30 @  6A #18 Rockwall

Class 5A DII

•  #4 Marshall vs. 6A Tyler Lee 8/30
  • #8 Frisco Reedy vs. 6A Plano West 8/29
  • #10 SOC vs. Dallas Skyline 8/30

Class 4A DI

• #1 La Vega vs. 5A DII Castroville Medina Valley 8/30
  • #3 Argyle vs. @ Stephenville 8/30
  • #7 Paris @ 4ADII #1 Texarkana Pleasant Grove 8/30
  • #10 Decatur vs Kennedale  8/30                                                                                                                                               
  • Class 4A DII
  • #1 Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs. 4ADI #7 Paris 8/30 
  • #3 Silsbee vs 5A DII Port Neches-Groves 8/30
  • #5 WOS @  5A DII  Nederland 8/30
  • #8 Lorena @ China Spring 8/30
  • #10 Lubbock Estacado @ 5A DI Power Lubbock Coronado 8/30

Class 3A DII 

#5 Daingerfield vs #4 Gunter 8/30

Class 2AD1

#2 Mason vs. 3ADI Power Wall

August 29 — Wall at Mason

You can’t kick the season off any better than this. The defending 2A DI state champion Punchers host a fellow West Texas powerhouse in the Puncherdome – one of the state’s most iconic stadiums, high school or otherwise. Oh, and it’s the Texas Football Days kickoff game for the 2019 season on Fox Sports Southwest. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Week one Must see Games in Texas by Class

6A:

• #1 North Shore vs. #5 Katy 8/29
  • #4 Allen vs. Cedar Hill 8/30
  • #6 Longview vs. @ 5A #7 Lufkin 8/30
  • #8 Denton Gury @ 5ADII #1 Aledo 8/30
  • #14 Cy-Fair @  #17 The Woodlands 8/31
  • #16 Desoto vs. Odessa Permian 8/30
  • #18 Rockwall vs. 5ADI #1 Highland Park 8/30
  • #20 Midway @ @ Euless Trinity 8/30
  • #21 Westfield vs. Houston Lamar 8/29

Class 5A Division I 

#1 Highland Park 8/30 @  6A #18 Rockwall

Class 5A DII

•  #4 Marshall1vs. 6A Tyler Lee 8/30
  • #8 Frisco Reedy vs.  Plano West 8/29
  • #10 SOC vs. Dallas Skyline 8/30

Class 4A DI

• #1 La Vega vs. 5A DII Castroville Medina Valley 8/30
  • #3 Argyle vs. @ Stephenville 8/30
  • #7 Paris @ 4ADII #1 Texarkana Pleasant Grove 8/30
  • #10 Decatur vs Kennedale  8/30                                                                                                                                               
  • Class 4A DII
  • #1 Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs. 4ADI #7 Paris 8/30 
  • #3 Silsbee vs 5A DII Port Neches-Groves 8/30
  • #5 WOS @  5A DII  Nederland 8/30
  • #8 Lorena @ China Spring 8/30
  • #10 Lubbock Estacado @ 5A DI Power Lubbock Coronado 8/30

Class 3A DII 

#5 Daingerfield vs #4 Gunter 8/30

Class 2AD1

#2 Mason vs. 3ADI Power Wall

August 29 — Wall at Mason

You can’t kick the season off any better than this. The defending 2A DI state champion Punchers host a fellow West Texas powerhouse in the Puncherdome – one of the state’s most iconic stadiums, high school or otherwise. Oh, and it’s the Texas Football Days kickoff game for the 2019 season on Fox Sports Southwest. 

Who needs oos games with this big boy line up?

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, DevilDog said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES @Horsefly @Texasball.  I have had a wonderful week here in Alpharetta, Ga.  Been a busy one but very rewarding.  Got over to Milton HS and impressive, great stadium as well.  Also saw Cambridge HS reminds me alot of McKinney Boyd.  But the best was meeting up with @BUFORDGAWOLVES. Great guy treated me to some very good BBQ talked some Texas and Jawjaa ball and let him know the 3 of us got him anytime he comes back to Texas.  Again thank you sir and definitely didn't seem like we were strangers.  This area is amazing with great people.  I've been spoiled for a week.  These people are so nice I wanted to hug UGA and tell him I'm sorry Bevo went Loco on him.  🤘

Thanks again sir for the Bbq and your hospitality.  Can't wait to reciprocate.

Enjoyed some very good Brisket in Jawjaa

20190725_191345.jpg

Hate the fact that life was too busy to allow me to break bread with you fellas up there. 

Glad that you had a good time though. 

Definitely looks like a fine plate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hate the fact that life was too busy to allow me to break bread with you fellas up there. 

Glad that you had a good time though. 

Definitely looks like a fine plate. 

Sir I had an amazing time in Alpharetta.  Beautiful area with very nice people. Though I was there on business I did get to meet @BUFORDGAWOLVES.   He didn't seem like a stranger at all.  It was like meeting an old friend over dinner.  He like the others I met showed great hospitality and I can't wait till he makes his way back to Texas so that I can reciprocate.   I had too much good food there and the BBQ was as well.   I believe they sprinkled some crack on that Mac & Cheese.  😎

• Like 1

Also on opening weekend the Oklahoma Big School Powers will challenge the City of Mansfield who went up to Oklahoma last year and only won 1 game. 

19/07/31/border-brawl-mansfield-isd-oklahoma-schools-playing-state

"Texas is the king in high school football. Just ask anybody in the country," Mansfield Legacy football coach Chris Melson said. "Oklahoma doesn't have as many schools, but the schools they have that are good are really good, and most of them are up there in Tulsa. As a head coach, I've always wanted to go play somebody in Oklahoma."

But just as impressive was the number of football state championships that have been won by the five Oklahoma schools that were represented by coaches and players Wednesday at the Mansfield ISD Center for the Performing Arts. Jenks, Tulsa Union, Broken Arrow, Bixby and Sand Springs have combined to win 31 state titles, with Broken Arrow (Class 6A Division I) and Bixby (6A Division II) winning championships last year.

BORDER BRAWL

THIS YEAR'S SCHEDULE"  Rankings are from MAXPREPS for each State

6A-1  Broken Arrow, Jenks and Union are 1-2-3.  Bixby is #1 in Oklahoma overall.

6AI #3 Jenks (Okla.) at 5ADI #37 Mansfield Legacy, 7 p.m. Aug. 29 at Vernon Newsom Stadium

6AI #4 Tulsa (Okla.) Union at 6A #99 Mansfield Lake Ridge, 7 p.m. Aug. 30 at Vernon Newsom Stadium

6AII #1 Bixby (Okla.) at  5ADI #10 Mansfield Timberview, 7 p.m. Aug. 30 at R.L. Anderson Stadium

6A-I #2 Broken Arrow (Okla.) at 6A #42 Mansfield, 7 p.m. Aug. 31 at Vernon Newsom Stadium

6A-II # 12 Sand Springs (Okla.) at 6A #94 Mansfield Summit, 7 p.m. Aug. 31 at R.L. Anderson Stadium

LAST YEAR'S RESULTS
Broken Arrow (Okla.) 28, Mansfield 6
Tulsa (Okla.) Union 36, Mansfield Lake Ridge 30
Jenks (Okla.) 35, Mansfield Legacy 14
Bixby (Okla.) 36, Mansfield Timberview 33
Mansfield Summit 41, Sand Springs (Okla.) 28

Nine-time Oklahoma state champion Union has played a Dallas-area team each of the last seven years. Union owns wins over Southlake Carroll (2016), Euless Trinity (2017) and Lake Ridge (2018) and has lost to Trinity (2012), DeSoto (2013) and Carroll (2014 and 2015).

"It's a marquee game," Union coach Kirk Fridrich said. "They look forward to it every year at Union. It's a source of pride in our state. Texas and Oklahoma football has always been a battle. It doesn't matter if you're playing high school or college.

"We feel like we're not just playing for Union High School. We feel like we're playing for the state of Oklahoma."

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Also on opening weekend the Oklahoma Big School Powers will challenge the City of Mansfield who went up to Oklahoma last year and only won 1 game. 

19/07/31/border-brawl-mansfield-isd-oklahoma-schools-playing-state

"Texas is the king in high school football. Just ask anybody in the country," Mansfield Legacy football coach Chris Melson said. "Oklahoma doesn't have as many schools, but the schools they have that are good are really good, and most of them are up there in Tulsa. As a head coach, I've always wanted to go play somebody in Oklahoma."

But just as impressive was the number of football state championships that have been won by the five Oklahoma schools that were represented by coaches and players Wednesday at the Mansfield ISD Center for the Performing Arts. Jenks, Tulsa Union, Broken Arrow, Bixby and Sand Springs have combined to win 31 state titles, with Broken Arrow (Class 6A Division I) and Bixby (6A Division II) winning championships last year.

BORDER BRAWL

THIS YEAR'S SCHEDULE"  Rankings are from MAXPREPS for each State

6A-1  Broken Arrow, Jenks and Union are 1-2-3.  Bixby is #1 in Oklahoma overall.

6AI #3 Jenks (Okla.) at 5ADI #37 Mansfield Legacy, 7 p.m. Aug. 29 at Vernon Newsom Stadium

6AI #4 Tulsa (Okla.) Union at 6A #99 Mansfield Lake Ridge, 7 p.m. Aug. 30 at Vernon Newsom Stadium

6AII #1 Bixby (Okla.) at  5ADI #10 Mansfield Timberview, 7 p.m. Aug. 30 at R.L. Anderson Stadium

6A-I #2 Broken Arrow (Okla.) at 6A #42 Mansfield, 7 p.m. Aug. 31 at Vernon Newsom Stadium

6A-II # 12 Sand Springs (Okla.) at 6A #94 Mansfield Summit, 7 p.m. Aug. 31 at R.L. Anderson Stadium

LAST YEAR'S RESULTS
Broken Arrow (Okla.) 28, Mansfield 6
Tulsa (Okla.) Union 36, Mansfield Lake Ridge 30
Jenks (Okla.) 35, Mansfield Legacy 14
Bixby (Okla.) 36, Mansfield Timberview 33
Mansfield Summit 41, Sand Springs (Okla.) 28

I wouldn’t be shocked if timberview won that game vs #1 bixby.  Tim V returns 16 starters got some quality transfers to boot.  Bixby barely beat them last year 36-33 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Texasball said:

Without question - we need to go ahead and get our tickets for this one

I'm leading toward a few of these to get my season off and running.

#8 Denton Guyer @ 5ADII #1 Aledo 8/30
#16 Desoto vs. Odessa Permian 8/30
#18 Rockwall vs. 5ADI #1 Highland Park 8/30
#20 Midway @ @ Euless Trinity 8/30

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if timberview won that game vs #1 bixby.  Tim V returns 16 starters got some quality transfers to boot.  Bixby barely beat them last year 36-33 

I probably will not miss that one   That Broken Arrow team last year was really good.  Smoked Mansfield and Oklahoma powers on the way to undefeated State Championship.  Beat Jenks twice including for State  28 -13 and 28 -10 and beat Union 33 - 10, Owasso 47 -20 and Mansfield 28 - 6.   Mansfield sucked 3-8 and got beat down here as well. 

Mansfield enters 2019 season with an interim coach as Daniel Maberry continues to battle cancer.   Coach Maberry  in for the fight of his life with Cancer. 

Mansfield football coach Daniel Maberry hasn't been able to be around his team as he continues to battle cancer. But he continues to inspire those in the program, including the man filling in for him.

"He has been able to show our staff and our kids and our community what it takes and how to respond when bad things happen to you. He has done a remarkable job of that," Mansfield interim head coach Greg George said.

George represented Mansfield on Wednesday at a press conference to promote the Border Brawl. The series, in its second year, will match Mansfield ISD's five football teams against opponents from Oklahoma in Week 1 games Aug. 29-31 at Mansfield's Vernon Newsom Stadium and R.L. Anderson Stadium..

At the age of 45, Maberry was diagnosed with Stage 4 lymphoma in 2018. George, who has been at Mansfield since 2003, was the school's offensive coordinator before being named the interim head coach.

"It's big shoes to fill. Daniel is my best friend," George said. "My goal is to help get the team prepared, to the point where we need to be each week, while trying to do things exactly how Coach Maberry would do it."

This will be George's first head coaching job -- sort of..

"I kind of filled in for him last fall with four games to go, and the previous spring I filled in for him when he went to his treatment," George said.

Mansfield went a combined 21-5 in 2016 and 2017 before falling to 3-7 last year. The season's first practice will be Aug. 12, but players are well aware of Maberry's situation.

"They ask about him every day," George said. "When we get the team together, we try to give them an update on his condition and what he's facing."

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yep.  That bixby/timberview game seems enticing 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I would like to hit that Jenks game not sure about the 30th yet

I am doing the sideline with Dickinson vs Allen on Sept 6th

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 12:32 PM, Horsefly said:

Yep.  That bixby/timberview game seems enticing 

Rockwall vs HP and Aledo vs. Guyer.  I think last year dispelled a lot of myths about good small vs good big.

HP, Aledo, La Vega,  Liberty Hill, Newton, Mason,  Melissa and Carthage put that nonsense to rest.  And a down WOS did too. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, DevilDog said:

Any prayer request for Midway's front 7???

Subtle jab aside...I think they are actually capable of winning this game.

• Haha 2