What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Powerlifting has been big here for many years.  In the 90’s and early 2000’s I sponsored the association.  Stephenville gave a lot of credit to PL for their state football titles in the 90’s .  

For most here it used for more lifting time for football and not necessarily for lifting championships (if that makes sense) you have to really understand training and most coaches today do understand that PL can build strong / slow players if not mixed in with other styles of lifting/training.

I like the tier system developed by Joe Kenn who is the head Strength coach of the Carolina Panthers.

Well as far as methods go, for a time Buford was using the “Russian” methodology. No idea lately I’ll have to ask. 

And yeah, excellent point, powerlifting for competitive events would be counter to building a explosive footballer. 

Thanks,

BGW

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

@Texasball @BUFORDGAWOLVES

Another Tx 4A kid.  I saw this kid in the playoffs in Greenville vs. Gilmer this year with the Redskin.   Sunnyvale's Marcus Alexander going to the Sooners.  4A football is not the little football teams that people think.  My favorite and deepest class in TEXAS IMHO from a competitive standpoint.  

Jesus Christ that kid is strong!!! That was all back DD! Man if he ever gets the hips into it, lookout!

Awesome.

BGW

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This isn't football related but it is Texas and this is just damn ridiculous.  Don't argue with fools on the highways.  Now his two toddlers are scarred and burned for life over Stupid Shit. 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/family-suffers-critical-burns-texas-road-rage-shooting-212500996--abc-news-topstories.html

Always seemed to be shooting involving road rage in Houston.

Damn.

BGW

• Sad 1

I understand both sides of the coin.  But I agree with him because the better players will go to the better schools for better opportunities.  It's not as much about school pride as it was in the past.

One of those comments said it all basically...It's hard to get notice on a bad team.

We may have a prime example of this here in Denton this year.  Keep an eye on Xylohn Posey of Denton High.  

2018 stats: 1,392 yards, 16 touchdowns, 166 carries, 8.4 yards per carry.

Note he is doing this while he is the focal point of EVERY defense he has faced while playing for not-so-good Denton Broncos squad.

Yet he is constantly overshadowed by Cobbs (Guyer) and the 2 headed-monster at Ryan (Bailey and Hicks) as well as Tito Bryce of Argyle at times.

https://dentonrc.com/sports/football-top-returning-running-backs-in-the-denton-area/article_737692d8-67cf-5be6-be06-e918205f164b.html

What's a guy with dreams and aspirations of playing at the next level to do?

(Forgot to quote DDs/Fly's post lol).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I understand both sides of the coin.  But I agree with him because the better players will go to the better schools for better opportunities.  It's not as much about school pride as it was in the past.

One of those comments said it all basically...It's hard to get notice on a bad team.

We may have a prime example of this here in Denton this year.  Keep an eye on Xylohn Posey of Denton High.  

2018 stats: 1,392 yards, 16 touchdowns, 166 carries, 8.4 yards per carry.

Note he is doing this while he is the focal point of EVERY defense he has faced while playing for not-so-good Denton Broncos squad.

Yet he is constantly overshadowed by Cobbs (Guyer) and the 2 headed-monster at Ryan (Bailey and Hicks) as well as Tito Bryce of Argyle at times.

https://dentonrc.com/sports/football-top-returning-running-backs-in-the-denton-area/article_737692d8-67cf-5be6-be06-e918205f164b.html

What's a guy with dreams and aspirations of playing at the next level to do?

(Forgot to quote DDs/Fly's post lol).

What's he to do?  Transfer out.....

49 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Man I'm hearing Duncanville plays national contender St John's College.

Has a top five Texas team ever matched up against a Top Five National team before?

PArdon me if this has already been discussed

What rank was MNW and Southlake Carroll when they played each other?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

He can't unless he transfers to a TAPPS school?

(Not sure of transfer rules)

He'd have to transfer out of DISD and sit out 15 days (or something like that) from the start of the season if he wanted to play this year. Assuming DEC approves the move.

If he would've landed at new school in spring or before, he plays right away.

But most, if not all intradistrict transfers (meaning transfers within same school district) are automatic sit out a year, even if DEC approves.

6 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Man I'm hearing Duncanville plays national contender St John's College.

Has a top five Texas team ever matched up against a Top Five National team before?

PArdon me if this has already been discussed

Cedar Hill was top 5 when they played B.G.  

• Thanks 1