What up Texas?

DevilDog

Everyone forgets this one 

Euless Trinity was #1 in the Maxpreps excellent rankings vs. Shiloh Christian who was number 1 in the Maxpreps computer ranking before that game. 

Who is really No. 1 - Shiloh Christian or Trinity?

Herbstreit National Kickoff showdown not only pits Arkansas and Texas powers, but man versus machine rankings as well.

ARLINGTON, Texas – One team has been basking in the national spotlight for almost a decade. 

One team is one victory away from diving there helmet first. 

One team flexes and powers and muscles up. 

One team spreads and diverts and throws abound. 

One team is from football-renowned Texas. 

One team is from neighboring Arkansas, known for its hogs, apple blossoms and fiddles. 

Despite the differences, there is one impressive and distinct common denominator: both are No. 1 in the country. 

At least that’s according to MaxPreps.com, which ranks high school football teams nationally by two different methods, a computer, or the Freeman rankings, and via writers, the human element, called the Xcellent 25.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

yeah but ET wasnt even top five in Texas at the time if I recollect correct

Class 6A preseason 2015

1. Allen (14): 231

2. DeSoto (8): 214

3. Katy (2): 200

4. Cedar Hill (1): 157

5. Manvel: 153

6. Cibolo Steele: 98

7. Dallas Skyline: 93

8. Euless Trinity: 53

9. Denton Guyer: 50

10. Converse Judson: 46

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2019 at 1:08 AM, Omaha Vol said:

What was ET ranked when they went to Seattle to play Bellevue? And Katy when Bellevue came down to Houston? 

That was one of our worst offensive teams in yrs. D was really tough but offensively we struggled. We were still able to take Bellevue to OT and would have won had it not been for horrible play calling at the end. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 6:30 AM, Horsefly said:

Class 6A preseason 2015

1. Allen (14): 231

2. DeSoto (8): 214

3. Katy (2): 200

4. Cedar Hill (1): 157

5. Manvel: 153

6. Cibolo Steele: 98

7. Dallas Skyline: 93

8. Euless Trinity: 53

9. Denton Guyer: 50

10. Converse Judson: 46

Where was North Shore, Texas State champs ?

On 7/10/2019 at 11:59 AM, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Man I'm hearing Duncanville plays national contender St John's College.

Has a top five Texas team ever matched up against a Top Five National team before?

PArdon me if this has already been discussed

Depending on the poll both teams are top 5 nationally-  I don’t put any stock into the bogus polls.

i should be solid game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@HawgGoneIt @BUFORDGAWOLVES.  Hey guys I will be in Alpharetta next week on business.  Any suggestions on restaurants etc.  Yep I'm about to bring my knowledge on insurance to Jawjaa.  Got get me some of dat peach State 💰.  Will be a busy week with executives but they like to spend money and I will let them.  😎

Coalition downtown Alpharetta . Shit, DD if you have time. We’ll try a couple places. 

GC bbq downtown Roswell. As far as steak goes... I’ll grill some steaks. Little Alley is okay but pricey. Stoney River is another joint. If you are homesick for texmex there’s Chuy’s in Alpharetta. 

Hell I will drive you around save you the aggravation. 

Theres a mosque in Alpharetta, brand new. 

Hell I’ll pm my cell. 

BGW

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Coalition downtown Alpharetta . Shit, DD if you have time. We’ll try a couple places. 

GC bbq downtown Roswell. As far as steak goes... I’ll grill some steaks. Little Alley is okay but pricey. Stoney River is another joint. If you are homesick for texmex there’s Chuy’s in Alpharetta. 

Hell I’ll pm my cell. 

BGW

Thanks bro.  Will be busy for sure till about 6pm each day.  I'm sure the 1st 2 nights will be dinner with the Vps and others then some me time in the afternoon. Will hit ya ☝ for sure.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hell I’ll pm my cell. 

BGW

Chuys I love, glad they are spreading the love after going public. I love the orig place, Mike Young the owner and I were in the same car club back in the late 80s along with Jimmie Vaughn (Stevie older Bro) songwriter (SRV, T-Birds) Bill Carter who is the god father of Johnny Depp kids and band-mate plus Charlie Sexton who is Bob Dylans band leader... ( l to R)Bill Carter's black 56 Mercury. My 64 impala super sport conv and Bob Dylan's guitarist Charlie Sexton 50 mercury around 1987. The 56 was totaled about 3-4 yrs ago I still have mine & the 50 is still around  image.png.75d4e971b185133fffa84f99eb133bb5.png

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, State Champ said:

Chuys I love, glad they are spreading the love after going public. I love the orig place, Mike Young the owner and I were in the same car club back in the late 80s along with Jimmie Vaughn (Stevie older Bro) songwriter (SRV, T-Birds) Bill Carter who is the god father of Johnny Depp kids and band-mate plus Charlie Sexton who is Bob Dylans band leader... ( l to R)Bill Carter's black 56 Mercury. My 64 impala super sport conv and Bob Dylan's guitarist Charlie Sexton 50 mercury around 1987. The 56 was totaled about 3-4 yrs ago I still have mine & the 50 is still around  image.png.75d4e971b185133fffa84f99eb133bb5.png

image.png

No shit!!! Awesome stuff.

Guess what? I was the proud owner of a 55 Mercury Monterey, 3 on the tree with a kick down passing gear switch under the gas pedal.

The back seat suited my 6'11" frame and my girlfriend's roommate just fine.😈

Loved that car, lost it in a barn fire in Prosper Texas in '89.

Wow, thanks for sharing!

BGW

Nice, than you might check out another member of our old club http://mercurycharlie.com

he was driving the 56 after a show during a rain storm when it hydroplaned into the other lane and got t-bone on the pass side, man that car took a hit from a smaller car, screwed Mercury Charlie up for a while glad no one was with him. I was with him at his booth at the show for a while. He got it from Bill for his office manager  and he is the go to guy if you want your car done right. image.thumb.png.1b7d40e951edba91181490b411cce76e.png

25 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES 

The BBQ and HS Football just got better in Jawjaa.  DD just landed. 🤣 I got on Cowboy boots a foam Lomghorn hat a T-shirt with Bevo getting in UGA's ass and on the back it says Eat Brisket.  Who pulls meat apart to make a sandwich.  😆   Will hit you up later in the week . 

COOL.

BGW

Aight Horsefly.  The past couple of seasons you've pick a couple of interesting darkhorses.

I'm gonna beat you to the punch and throw one out this year to keep an eye on.  

Hebron Hawks -  Return 15 starters (8 on O and 7 on D) from DII Regional Semifinals that I saw in person in a loss to Haltom.  Thier Defense will be nasty plus they get a couple of players back that missed most of last season due to injury (Sounds like Guyer).  The Offense should be good with an experienced dual threat QB back along with a 2 headed monster at RB and a strong line (Just like Guyer).

Trejan Bridges while a great WR was a headcase at times...With him gone, I see the offense opening up more instead of focusing on 1 WR.

The problem for them is Guyer and Chill are DII also and are in the same region I believe.

Will be interesting to watch.

Whose ya Darkhorse this year?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Aight Horsefly.  The past couple of seasons you've pick a couple of interesting darkhorses.

Hebron Hawks -  Return 15 starters (8 on O and 7 on D) from DII Regional Semifinals that I saw in person in a loss to Haltom.  Thier Defense will be nasty plus they get a couple of players back that missed most of last season due to injury (Sounds like Guyer).  The Offense should be good with an experienced dual threat QB back along with a 2 headed monster at RB and a strong line (Just like Guyer).

Trejan Bridges while a great WR was a headcase at times...With him gone, I see the offense opening up more instead of focusing on 1 WR.

The problem for them is Guyer and Chill are DII also and are in the same region I believe.

I like your pick, Hebron is due for a breakout and absolutely have some studs. 

Keeping it in 6AD2 region1 is Arlington who return 14 starters, 8 on offense and 6 on defense.  They return a veteran OL and their O centers around do everything Jahari Rogers who committed to Florida. 

Defense will be anchored by 2 returning starters who combined for almost 100 tackles last year.  Arlington looks to improve on their early playoff loss and only loss of the season to tascosa. 

Region 1 will be tough! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I also like woodlands and atascocita.  I’ll do a quick write up on each later as soon as my phone and IPad recharge.   😊

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I also like woodlands and atascocita.  I’ll do a quick write up on each later as soon as my phone and IPad recharge.   😊

I didn't realize Woodlands has 8 returning on both sides of the ball.  Same as Smithson Valley.

Atascocita don't count...A Top 10 team can't be a darkhorse. 😁