What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah I didn’t understand that 1A proposal. That’s a head scratcher.  I assumed their 9th grade prohibition would be for all classes but 1A then. I don’t know though 

Some 1A schools have less than 150  kids  K - 12.  Most in bEast Texas don't have football teams.  That's foreign  out there mostly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

UIL contemplating no Fr. On Varsity

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/high-school/uil-texas-high-school-football-rule-change-proposals/287-d08cb82d-b789-4cc0-b046-130c886dcae7

Several agenda items will be related to rule change proposals from the public, including, but not limited to: 

• A proposal to prohibit freshmen athletes from participating in varsity competitions. 
  • Proposals to change soccer from a spring sport to a fall sport
  • A proposal to add a shot clock to basketball
  • A proposal to allow 6th grade participation at the 1A level
  • A proposal regarding strength and conditioning for in-season athletes
  • A proposal to establish a ten-year compensation plan for sports officials

UIL just can't leave anything alone.  

And I thought the Louisiana proposal was nonsense...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

MaxPreps has DeSoto playing St Aug on 8/26 in NOLA.

Louisiana Week 1 is 9/2.

The week before Week1  is normally jamboree week here.

Maybe they worked something out, I don't know.

I sure would like to see this game though. I'd probably go to it if it were to happen.

We have a North Desoto here and I wonder if Maxpreps screwed that up. North Desoto could possibly travel to NOLA to play a Jamboree. A Jamboree is like a 30 minute game, two 15 minute halves.

Been lookng around and see nothing on Desoto, TX vs St Aug (NOLA)....which means it's just not out there.

57 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is correct, the game is in Oregon as a part of Nike. 

Yeah saw that on the teams thread in the TX forum.

Last week I was looking at the completed 2022 schedules for Texas and was skimming through some teams schedules and noticed that DeSoto had St. Augustine (LA) in week 1 which is why I had asked. Very interesting. Two OOS games for DeSoto. 

Seems like Duncanville will only be playing 9 games this season. Not sure if they just gave up filling in 09/09, I had seen that some other OOS teams had that date open as well. 

33 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Yeah saw that on the teams thread in the TX forum.

Last week I was looking at the completed 2022 schedules for Texas and was skimming through some teams schedules and noticed that DeSoto had St. Augustine (LA) in week 1 which is why I had asked. Very interesting. Two OOS games for DeSoto. 

Seems like Duncanville will only be playing 9 games this season. Not sure if they just gave up filling in 09/09, I had seen that some other OOS teams had that date open as well. 

Yeah I don’t understand samples, he cuts his team short in playing 10 games.  I heard he turned down Atascocita on 9/9 as he was not interested in traveling in a home and home. (The reason Atascocita got Liberty)  Ridiculous! 

7 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Ryan is my fav to take it this year, they should be stout in the trenches on both sides. Hicks should have a great year behind that OL

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 7:22 AM, Horsefly said:

Ryan is my fav to take it this year, they should be stout in the trenches on both sides. Hicks should have a great year behind that OL

I can't wait for them to put them Helmets on Bryant Arky.  That's a cocky crew from the Swine State

• Like 2

Thanks for voting no on a shot clock,UIL. Now I'll get to witness this in person once or twice a year again.

Thankfully they allowed freshman to play on varsity. The whole idea was dumb as hell to begin with. If you can play you can play. Some beast mode freshman would absolutely slaughter poor kids at the sub varsity levels. Talk about not being fair.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Aledo HC talks about move to 5ADI..  Our T&F integral part of our football.  Coach references it a bit here. 

Argyle will be pesky (But they'll be DII).  Aledo COULD become absolute hell to deal with.

Remember...Aledo not too long ago was giving 6A-D2 Guyer fits.  Ryan will probably be thier biggest threat in district/region.  The rest are "Meh."

I expect those two to see each other twice...winner of round 2 wins thier region.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Champa said:

Thanks for voting no on a shot clock,UIL. Now I'll get to witness this in person once or twice a year again.

Thankfully they allowed freshman to play on varsity. The whole idea was dumb as hell to begin with. If you can play you can play. Some beast mode freshman would absolutely slaughter poor kids at the sub varsity levels. Talk about not being fair.

Better than the one I witnessed back home in Louisiana (Bossier City) long ago where a guy stood with the ball just past half-court for an entire quarter waiting for a team to come out of their 2-3.

Funny part.  The team got blitzed with a half-court trap and ended up turning the ball over.  Then Bossier stopped playing games and Arkansas-style pressed them the rest of the game and won by 30+.

Justice served.

As for the clip:

Silsbee's Coach (This was Silsbee correct?) should have one of the defending players stand out of bounds and touch the ball while other player is holding it.  It would force a jump ball.

If any of the "shielding" players tries to wall off player going around...it's an offensive foul.

Sometimes....ya gotta outsmart the system.