19. Trinidad (18-6)

20. Midway (18-8)

21. Wells (15-12)

22. Electra (17-7)

23. Whitharral (22-6)

24. Perrin Whitt (18-4)

25. Valley (19-5)

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Never heard of them till I read the DMN article.  Not IMG for sure.  But interested in what they could be.  Some pretty good 3A teams in the DFW. If they make the playoffs I would go check them out.  I hope they win every game by 30+ and then see what the UIL would do.  TAPPS nor UIL wanted anything to do with T. C. Cedar Hill. 

Is this the UIL attempt to dip their toes in an academy school that’s under the radar ? Seems like their experiment especially since the coach is openly advocating recruiting 

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Sweet Potato eating white boys.  That's hilarious.  Among African Americans whites eat Pumpkin PIE and we are all in on that Sweet Potato Pie.  That's what makes his comment funny.  They are eating our favorite desert Sweet Potato Pie.  Man that's classic.  I was talking to a white Gentlemen at my job today who went to North Texas and was a darn good footballer, He has an African American Girlfriend whose dad is from Daingerfield a small bEast Texas town that is known for talent.  We were discussing how in Texas the Fastest White Boys are in Texas because of the history of Track and Field in the old PVIL brought that smoke to the UIL.  @Texasball and I talk about those 4 fast white kids from Decatur back when I was running on the 4x100 and everybody was saying wait to you run against dem white boys from Decatur.  They were correct they smoked us and one went on to be a 200 Giant at TCU and I think a WR for the Oilers.  Good Stuff homie.  

This man is funny. Since that video went viral, ppl are sending him other vids to critique.

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Sweet Potato eating white boys.  That's hilarious.  Among African Americans whites eat Pumpkin PIE and we are all in on that Sweet Potato Pie.  That's what makes his comment funny.  They are eating our favorite desert Sweet Potato Pie.  Man that's classic.  I was talking to a white Gentlemen at my job today who went to North Texas and was a darn good footballer, He has an African American Girlfriend whose dad is from Daingerfield a small bEast Texas town that is known for talent.  We were discussing how in Texas the Fastest White Boys are in Texas because of the history of Track and Field in the old PVIL brought that smoke to the UIL.  @Texasball and I talk about those 4 fast white kids from Decatur back when I was running on the 4x100 and everybody was saying wait to you run against dem white boys from Decatur.  They were correct they smoked us and one went on to be a 200 Giant at TCU and I think a WR for the Oilers.  Good Stuff homie.  

Sadly - This is what happened to the fastest of those kids from Decatur "James Maness"

DRUG TEST POSITIVE, BEARS DROP MANESS – Chicago Tribune

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

At my house we eat it all...Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Pecan...

• Haha 2

On 2/6/2022 at 1:17 PM, DevilDog said:

UIL realignment notebook: Three potential new rivalries, the toughest region in Texas and more

Denton Ryan and Aledo, two of the state’s top 5A-I programs will reside in the same district for the next two seasons.

The UIL’s biennial realignment can sometimes tear apart long standing high school football rivalries.

It also has the power to create new ones, and the 2022 realignment cycle has paired up a few of the Dallas-area more successful teams.

Here’s a look at three potential rivalries that the next two seasons could forge.

Ennis and Mansfield Summit: In District 5-5A Div. II, an established power and a program on the rise will meet.

Ennis, a five-time state champion, and Mansfield Summit, a 5A-I state semifinalist each of the last two seasons, are grouped together. Arlington Seguin, Burleson, Corsican, Everyman, Joshua and Midlothian Heritage are also in the district.

Ennis, which hasn’t lost a district game since 2018, will now have a new challenger. Summit posted an 11-4 record last season at the 5A-I level and lost to eventual-champion College Station by just seven points in the state semifinals. It will need to replace its starting quarterback (David Hopkins), lead receiver (Kerya Powell) and top two running backs (Orlando Scales and Keon Hobbs) come the fall, though.

Denton Ryan and Aledo: Two of the state’s top 5A-I programs will reside in the same district.

That’s convenient.

Ryan, 5A-I state champions in 2020, and Aledo, a 10-time state champion, will both play in District 3-5A Div. I. Each of their regular season games for the next two years are already way-too-early contenders for the best game of the year. It’s not unlikely that the two could see each other in the postseason, too.

Both return top talent in 2022. Ryan has three of The Dallas Morning News’ top 50 recruits, including No. 1 Anthony Hill Jr., a five-star linebacker recruit. Aledo sophomore cornerback Jaden Allen is a Texas pledge.

Lovejoy and Melissa: The two rising programs will now share a district.

Lovejoy has played in back-to-back 5A-II regional finals, while Melissa — a 4A-I school last year — has won 11 games in consecutive years. Both will play in District 7-5A Div. II.

Lovejoy is returning plenty of talent, including two wide receivers ranked on The News’ top 50 recruits list for the class of 2023. Melissa offensive lineman Trevor Goosby, holds offers from TCU, SMU, UTSA and others.

Toughest region in the state?
After outscoring his district opponents by a combined 397-50 this past season, Lancaster football coach Leon Paul was hoping for a step up in competition in the UIL’s realignment that was announced Thursday.

Paul got what he wanted, especially in his region.

After he gets over the shock of being placed in a district with far-away Longview, Lufkin, Tyler and McKinney North, Paul will see that his region — Class 5A Division I Region II — is one of the toughest in the state. Lancaster, 10-2 a year ago, is joined by 2021 state semifinalist Crosby (moving up from 5A Division II), 2018 state champion Longview, 2019 state semifinalist Frisco Lone Star and two Frisco ISD schools — Frisco and Wakeland — that combined for 19 wins last season.

“In order to say that you’re the best team in the state of Texas, you have to beat the best teams in the state of Texas,” Paul said. “I wouldn’t want it any other way in the playoffs.”

While there are a handful of teams that have a legitimate chance to win that region, Class 5A Division I Region I is a little more clear cut, with it likely to come down to three teams. It will be a new-look region, as Denton Ryan, the 2020 5A Division I state champion, is now joined by a pair of powerhouses moving up from 5A Division II — 10-time state champion Aledo and 2021 state semifinalist Lubbock Cooper.

South Oak Cliff, after winning Dallas ISD’s first football state title since 1958, no longer has to share 5A Division II Region II with Aledo, the team that it beat in the third round of the playoffs last season. But it wouldn’t be surprising to see a rematch of last season’s regional final between SOC and Lovejoy.

Of course, two teams stand in the way of that rematch. Mansfield Summit is now in SOC’s region after back-to-back state semifinal appearances in 5A Division I, and five-time state champion Ennis is also in the region after an 11-1 season.

Argyle, the 2020 4A Division I state champion, could compete for the Region I title in its first year in 5A Division II. Its toughest competition could come from Colleyville Heritage and Grapevine, which were a combined 21-5 last season.

The next level
Welton Johnson was able to breathe a sigh of relief when Cedar Hill Newman was granted entry into the UIL earlier this year.

That moment of serenity lasted very, very shortly.

“OK, now I’ve got a million things to do,” Johnson, Cedar Hill Newman’s head coach said with a laugh.

After winning the Texas Christian Athletic Fellowship (TCAF) state title in 2019 and the Texas Christian Athletic League (TCAL) in 2021, Cedar Hill Newman will compete in the UIL starting in the fall of 2022.

And, on Thursday, it learned who its competition will be. Cedar Hill Newman will play in District 7-3A Div. II alongside Arlington Trinity Leadership, Blooming Grove, Mildred, Palmer, Rice and Scurry-Rosser.

Cedar Hill Newman had played almost-exclusively private schools in the past.

“The travel will be a little further than what we’re used to,” said Johnson, who joined the five-year old program as an assistant coach in 2017. “I think the hardest thing will be a lot of the unknowns. Since we’ve talked about making this move, I’ve kind of followed this particular district.”

Johnson said that Cedar Hill Newman had originally planned to apply for UIL membership two years ago, but later backed out. He said the program could have opted up to 3A Div. I, but chose Div. II so that its first two years in the UIL were spent playing schools closer to its size.

“I think that for our kids who want to play at the next level, the fact that we’re, I guess in a sense, legit now, from the standpoint of joining the UIL,” Johnson said. “And people knowing who we are and who we’re playing against, I think that’ll help us getting kids in school from a recruiting standpoint.

“For me, I think, that was probably one of the biggest things.”

I have been told that the UIL cannot keep private schools out if they really determined to be in UIL - It all goes back to Dallas Jesuit who took the UIL to court and eventually won their case.

Texas High (Texarkana) will play Benton, La at the BOB in Shreveport and not Melissa. Makes more sense. Texarkana is only 70 miles to Shreveport

5A Texas High was 12-1 last year..

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/texas-tigers-(texarkana,tx)/football-21/schedule.htm

Those BOB people could have found a better team than Benton......CE Byrd would have been a much better match up for Texas High.

• Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Any word on who Duncanville will be playing this year? I know they've got South Oak Cliff again. Wonder if they'll get another OOS game. Orlando Jones out of FL tweeted at Duncanville that they were willing to travel to play them.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 5.51.50 PM.png

They will not be playing Mater Dei at the request of Kermit and his celly txball. (Confirmed) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

Texas High (Texarkana) will play Benton, La at the BOB in Shreveport and not Melissa. Makes more sense. Texarkana is only 70 miles to Shreveport

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/texas-tigers-(texarkana,tx)/football-21/schedule.htm

Those BOB people could have found a better team than Benton......CE Byrd would have been a much better match up for Texas High.

Man quit the fucking bitching. That’s all you do!! You already are giving the concession speech. 8-4 Benton finished 49th in Louisiana. Texas high limped to the 58th ranking in Texas.

Stop being a runner up your whole life 

1 hour ago, WILKINSON said:

Any word on who Duncanville will be playing this year? I know they've got South Oak Cliff again. Wonder if they'll get another OOS game. Orlando Jones out of FL tweeted at Duncanville that they were willing to travel to play them.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 5.51.50 PM.png

They must be planning something OOS, they haven’t announced a schedule yet and finding Texas teams for them can’t be that hard 

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

This is truth

14 hours ago, Texasball said:

This is truth

But here lies ya problem.

The BOB is 1-5A territory.  Byrd is the best team from that area.  Captain Shreve had one of their better seasons last year. 

That's pretty much it

The rest of 1-5A was meh to begin with.

Haughton likes to play soft non-district games (don't even bother with them).  Airline would rather get worked by a Monroe team on their own field than to cross the Red River. Parkway has been average at best since Feaster was canned but they have played there in the past.  Benton is trying to get there but they just turned 5A 2 years ago and don't have the athletes...yet.  Natchitoches Central would just bring the band.

They might as well get 2 smaller schools and give them a shot.  Northwood or Huntington maybe?  But Huntington wont draw the fans (Independence Stadium is where they play their home football games anyways).

Independence Stadium is a tough place to get teams that want to play to play there.  

@Texasball Maybe Tatum would play there?  Schedule them with Junction City out of Arkansas perhaps?

15 hours ago, Texasball said:

This is truth

Monroe Neville has played at the BOB several times.......that would have been a great match up....Texas High vs Monroe Neville

Benton is one of the last Shreveport area teams NOT to play at the BOB so far so  I understand the BOB people wanting to get them in.

@Horsefly During Black History Month another PVIL HS Superstar is going in to the Pro Football HOF.  Legendary PVIL HS Track and Field Star and HS Footballer Cliff Branch becomes the 7th PVIL player joining these Legends.  Remember my Uncle a 100m champ in 1965 PVIL talk about how awesome the PVIL was and what they would have done to the UIL if allowed to Play.  The PVIL T&F legacy is what makes Texas HS Track and field what it is today.  He joins these 6.  Man Texas has just had legendary HS African American Players. 

There are six former PVIL football players in the Pro Football Hall of Fame:

• Joe Greene (Pittsburgh Steelers) - Temple (Dunbar)
  • Gene Upshaw (Oakland Raiders) - Robstown
  • Dick "Night Train" Lane (Detroit Lions) - Austin (Anderson)
  • Charley Taylor (Washington Redskins) - Grand Prairie (Dalworth)
  • Emmitt Thomas (Kansas City Chiefs) - Angleton (Marshall)
  • Ken Houston (Washington Redskins) - Lufkin (Dunbar)

Even before OOS games the PVIL was ahead of its time:  The Chocolate bowl matched the Black Texas champ vs. the La. Black champ in 1939.  

• Running back Ollie Matson of Houston Yates starred at the University of San Francisco and, in 1951, was the first black Texan to receive Heisman votes.
  • Beaumont Charlton-Pollard lineman Bubba Smith starred at Michigan State and became the No. 1 overall pick of the 1967 NFL draft (Baltimore Colts), one of five players from PVIL schools taken that year as an NFL team’s first choice. The others were running back Mel Farr (Hebert), wide receiver Gene Washington (Baytown Carver), lineman Gene Upshaw (Robstown), and running back Willie Ellison (Lockhart Carver).
  • The PVIL-sponsored Chocolate Bowl in 1939, matched the black state champions from Texas (Temple Dunbar) against their counterparts from Louisiana (Bogalusa).
  • In basketball, Houston Worthing’s David Lattin was a valuable center on the Texas Western team that upset Kentucky in the 1966 NCAA national championship game and was featured in the book and hit movie, "Glory Road".
  • Like 1

All Time PVIL.  I doubt the UIL wanted that smoke 😁  Check out that Def Line.  Gene Upshaw and Ernie Ladd on the Oline.  Sick WR's .   Hell Legendary Steele Curtain DL: Ernie Holmes didn't even make the team.  That Steeler Front 4 had 2 Tx PVIL kids.  Joe Greene and Ernie Holmes. 🤣 He was a bEast Texas kid to boot.

OFFENSE
WR -- Charley Taylor, Grand Prairie
WR -- Warren Wells, Beaumont Hebert
WR -- Cliff Branch, Houston Worthing
End -- Jerry Levias, Beaumont Hebert
Line -- Gene Upshaw, Robstown
Line -- Marvin Upshaw, Robstown
Line -- Ernie Ladd, Orange
Line -- Clarence Williams, Sweeny Carver
QB -- Otis Taylor, Houston Worthing
Back -- Gene Washington, Baytown Carver
Back -- Duane Thomas, Dallas Lincoln
DEFENSE
Line -- Toby Smith, Beaumont Charlton-Pollard
Line -- Bubba Smith, Beaumont Charlton-Pollard
Line -- Joe Greene, Temple Dunbar
Line -- Harvey Martin, Dallas South Oak Cliff
LB -- Dick Lane, Austin Anderson
LB -- Tony Gillory, Beaumont Hebert
LB -- Emmitt Thomas, Angleton
Back -- Mel Farr, Beaumont Hebert
Back -- Miller Farr, Beaumont Hebert
Back -- Ken Houston, Lufkin Dunbar
Back -- Abner Haynes, Dallas Lincoln

• Like 1

PVIL was adored and loved and was tremendously supported.  

1955 – Charlie "Choo Choo" Brackins (Dallas Lincoln and Prairie View) becomes the first Black quarterback drafted into the NFL when he's taken in the 16th round of the 1955 draft by the Green Bay Packers.

1955 – Houston Wheatley won its sixth straight basketball state championship.

1956 – Yates wins the first PVIL state championship in baseball.

Jun. 30, 1961 – The first PVIL-sponsored East-West Al-Star football game is held in Beaumont.

Nov. 23, 1961 – Yates defeats Houston Wheatley, 21-15, before 40,000 fans in the teams' annual Thanksgiving Day game.

This is the legacy of Texas HS Track and Field in Texas and it's not the UIL.  We been fast for a long damn time.  

Apr. 30, 1966 – An overflow crowd of more than 7,000 fans watch Reginald Robinson of Wichita Falls Washington run a wind-aided 9.1 100-yard dash at the PVIL state track meet at Prairie View.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1