What up Texas?

DevilDog

47 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No thread would be complete without a Texan lying and/or manipulating the facts.

Here are the numbers for total *high school* players and active *high school* players since that's what this board is about, that's what's relevant and that's what the kid *actually* claimed.

1.png.0938bfb732c7075fe9f3b82788570341.png

2.png.52b9e2d28e49c4f33b6d81cef2113b84.png

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn't actually know this since ignorance is a big part of being from Texas.

But I also won't rule out the possibility that you knew this and purposefully fished for birthplaces at pro-football-reference which is a super obscure page that isn't readily available.

Keep it simple and post the year & date of the data y'all.  Numbers change over time.

Until then...This is "He said, She said."

7 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Wrong.

But the kid has no chance to be right. He's been deluded since birth.

I've been trying to follow and figured what I'm supposed to be outraged by, but who supposedly said that?    The post just says "Quote" but can't find a post that it's quoting and can't get the reference from the context of the discussion.

2 minutes ago, pied said:

I've been trying to follow and figured what I'm supposed to be outraged by, but who supposedly said that?    The post just says "Quote" but can't find a post that it's quoting and can't get the reference from the context of the discussion.

Some kid named Peyton Bowen from the article that golfaddict linked.

He gave a bunch of silly quotes about Texas being the best (this), or producing the most (that).

It's not true but a Texan went on a fishing expedition to try to make it come right.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Some kid named Peyton Bowen from the article that golfaddict linked.

He gave a bunch of silly quotes about Texas being the best (this), or producing the most (that).

It's not true but a Texan went on a fishing expedition to try to make it come right.

Got it, he was wrong, wgaf?  I think players are more knowledgeable now than in the past, but it doesn't surprise me that a kid about to play his senior year doesn't have all the facts down for D1 and NFL players by state.  

Dude goes out to write a fluff piece and get fluff quotes from people, shocking....

Here's the entire passage from Bowen:

...Top-notch 2023 safety recruit Peyton Bowen, a Notre Dame commitment, describes what it’s like training for football year-round in Texas by way of actual competition. He plays at Guyer High School.

“Honestly depends on who your strength coach is. I’d say the games are like training too, because you’re playing against the best talent,” Bowen said confidently. “I think we (Texas) produce the most D1 athletes, NFL players, etc. like that. Going against that competition, 16 weeks if you go to the State Championship, a whole NFL season (worth of games), playing against that competition every week…that makes you 100 times better.”

While not 100% accurate, I get what he's saying and saying well, last yea we had 34 less players that FL doesn't really change much and certainly fits the spirit that the writer intended.

tldr - you're easily offended if this bothers you AT ALL.

44 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The screenshots are from pro-football-reference, clown. They don't have the dates listed.

Why don't you ask your pal why *he* didn't post dates.

Then just say that, Doofus!

Sheesh... TRYING to actually have a discussion on something I would have probably agreed with you on had I had all available information and in the ways of the Los you give me a damn headache.  Oye.

Sidenote: You know what y'all means, right?

Fun research.  FL still wings in '20, but the gap appears to have been two players.

For 2021 that gap went ALL THE WAY UP TO 3!!!!

According to a news release from the NFL, there were 192 Floridians spread across 32 team rosters. Texas had the second most players with 189, followed by California with 168 and Georgia with 124.

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/florida-leads-the-way-in-producing-the-most-nfl-players-on-kickoff-weekend-rosters/

I kinda get your point now.  How could anyone possibly think their state was first, when they had TWO and THREE less players in the NFL?  I mean what kind of dope could get that wrong?!??

8 minutes ago, pied said:

Got it, he was wrong, wgaf?  I think players are more knowledgeable now than in the past, but it doesn't surprise me that a kid about to play his senior year doesn't have all the facts down for D1 and NFL players by state.  

Dude goes out to write a fluff piece and get fluff quotes from people, shocking....

Here's the entire passage from Bowen:

...Top-notch 2023 safety recruit Peyton Bowen, a Notre Dame commitment, describes what it’s like training for football year-round in Texas by way of actual competition. He plays at Guyer High School.

“Honestly depends on who your strength coach is. I’d say the games are like training too, because you’re playing against the best talent,” Bowen said confidently. “I think we (Texas) produce the most D1 athletes, NFL players, etc. like that. Going against that competition, 16 weeks if you go to the State Championship, a whole NFL season (worth of games), playing against that competition every week…that makes you 100 times better.”

While not 100% accurate, I get what he's saying and saying well, last yea we had 34 less players that FL doesn't really change much and certainly fits the spirit that the writer intended.

tldr - you're easily offended if this bothers you AT ALL.

Stick around...There will be more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pied said:

Strong, strong, I tell you!!

HIGH SCHOOL CITIES WITH MOST NFL PLAYERS

1-Miami 19

2-Houston 18

3-New Orleans 15

What's up with Dallas, TX.......didn't make the Top 15

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

No thread would be complete without a Texan lying and/or manipulating the facts.

Here are the numbers for total *high school* players and active *high school* players since that's what this board is about, that's what's relevant and that's what the kid *actually* claimed.

1.png.0938bfb732c7075fe9f3b82788570341.png

2.png.52b9e2d28e49c4f33b6d81cef2113b84.png

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn't actually know this since ignorance is a big part of being from Texas.

But I also won't rule out the possibility that you knew this and purposefully fished for birthplaces at pro-football-reference which is a super obscure page that isn't readily available.

You’ve been gone for awhile, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you must’ve forgotten who I am. Your underhanded, insulting isn’t going to phase me Atticus ☺️

The one I posted that says “active” has FL in the first spot, with 328. Next, California with 304 and Texas with 280 😌

What is the point you’re trying to make in the first place?

15 hours ago, pied said:

He doesn't have all the facts because he was raised in a culture of serial exaggerators.

It's nearly impossible to be raised in Texas and not be deluded about football. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, pied said:

He's wrong and what's more is what does having the second most NFL players in the league have to do with the competition that he plays *today* in high school?

Texas is so large and so diffuse that this kid may never play against any concentration of future NFLers in his entire high school career.

It's just a silly and meaningless claim that is super common in places like Texas.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Sheesh... TRYING to actually have a discussion on something I would have probably agreed with you on had I had all available information and in the ways of the Los you give me a damn headache.  Oye.

Now we get the Texans pretending that they're reasonable and that they're just objecting to the tone.

😄

15 hours ago, pied said:

For 2021 that gap went ALL THE WAY UP TO 3!!!!

According to a news release from the NFL, there were 192 Floridians spread across 32 team rosters. Texas had the second most players with 189, followed by California with 168 and Georgia with 124.

Florida's population is 25% smaller than Texas' and they have more than 40% fewer high schools.

Florida wins in raw numbers but then just crushes in per capita/percentages.

But this isn't about Florida.

It's about Texas and their completely broken football culture. 

15 hours ago, pied said:

@Atticus Finch  - since you clearly said Bowen's quotes were "silly" I'd like to see the data on D1 players by state if you could find it.  

So since we've proven that the NFL claim was bogus, let's more on to the next claim.

I've been looking for something concrete.

I found a chart from 2019 that showed the trend for the previous decade.

2022-07-08_9-30-37.png.5d473827e9b0fba804519e17ba5835ad.png

Texas being slowly caught and surpassed (2017) and then having slight leads in 2018-2019.

It was 322 (Texas) to 309 (Florida) in 2019.

Texas has 5 more FBS schools than Florida (12 to 7) and at a rate of ~75% in-state signees it's clear that Texas only ever was in first because they have the most schools.

Again, Texas gets crushed on per capita/percentage metrics.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Florida's population is 25% smaller than Texas' and they have more than 40% fewer high schools.

Florida wins in raw numbers but then just crushes in per capita/percentages.

But this isn't about Florida.

It's about Texas and their completely broken football culture. 

It was written by a Florida writer(Brian Smith) for a Florida publication(UCF ) to compare the two states.

The goal of this article is to simply provide a glimpse of what Texas high school football is like. Giving full detail or anything close is very hard. It’s so lavish with riches that it’s almost unfathomable.

Living in Florida and covering its high school football prospects, it was interesting to see what Texas had to offer as compared to Texas. After researching it some last fall with a trip to Sherman, Texas, and now to multiple stops in the Dallas area and even Austin, it’s time to discuss Texas high school football in more detail.

59 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

So since we've proven that the NFL claim was bogus, let's more on to the next claim.

I've been looking for something concrete.

I found a chart from 2019 that showed the trend for the previous decade.

2022-07-08_9-30-37.png.5d473827e9b0fba804519e17ba5835ad.png

Texas being slowly caught and surpassed (2017) and then having slight leads in 2018-2019.

It was 322 (Texas) to 309 (Florida) in 2019.

Texas has 5 more FBS schools than Florida (12 to 7) and at a rate of ~75% in-state signees it's clear that Texas only ever was in first because they have the most schools.

Again, Texas gets crushed on per capita/percentage metrics.

WOAHHHHHHH , so he was three players off for the NFL numbers and CORRECT on the number of D1 players.  

All your silliness, is clearly just silliness.  

I expect players in FL to say they have the best football in FL.

I expect players in CA to say they have the best football in CA.

I expect players in GA to say they have the best football in GA.

I expect players in OH to say they have the best football in OH.

If they make an off hand, half correct statement to a reporter looking for quotes, no big deal.  Certainly not going to call them deluded.  If I disagree I may call them 16 or 17 year olds, 

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

That a Texas kid is deluded.

And that the culture is to blame.

Pretty simple.

You can't argue it so you play dumb.

You also tried to lie by using birthplaces instead of high schools.

You are so paranoid. I didn’t understand the difference because I didn’t know your point.

So, you just automatically think someone is trying to lie to you.

You have a lot of personal issues to work out with yourself.

• Thanks 1