Mater Dei vs Centennial - CIF SS D1 Semifinal Game Discussion

PrepGridiron

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Not great. Had a chance to be great if they beat DLS but they didn’t. Folsom hasn’t played anybody with a pulse since. 

Alabama and other College Football National Champs have been great- all time great. Some have lost in the regular season.

Losing a close game, week 0, takes nothing away from the greatness of a team. Any assertion other wise is just agenda based or a troll job. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I agree they are a good team. 

But the other stuff still creates a problem for me and the preservation of this site whether you want to acknowledge it or not. I usually let you hang around a bit when we are playing this game of whack a mole, but the leash is always short. 

If we are being honest- I don't do ANYTHING that other posters REGULARLY do, even if I am here or if I'm not.

I am cool with you telling me to ratchet it down. But I am not ok with being singled out for doing or responding in a manner that is a regular thing on here. If I am being treated equal, I am good to do. 

If you don't want to hear about my team, then put me on ignore. (this is in general, not directed at you @PrepGridiron)

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

If we are being honest- I don't do ANYTHING that other posters REGULARLY do, even if I am here or if I'm not.

I am cool with you telling me to ratchet it down. But I am not ok with being singled out for doing or responding in a manner that is a regular thing on here. If I am being treated equal, I am good to do. 

If you don't want to hear about my team, then put me on ignore. (this is in general, not directed at you @PrepGridiron)

Maybe so, but if I am being honest you by far garner the most work and management headaches for me and other staff members and it’s not worth the time. 

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Maybe so, but if I am being honest you by far garner the most work and management headaches for me and other staff members and it’s not worth the time. 

Haha, that I agree with. Like I said, as long as I am being treated fairly, it's all good. Zero issues from me and you will see that. Apologize for any issues. 

Sincerely,

FPB

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

If the agenda is not having 90% of this board complain about 1 member, then you are right. 

I seriously could care less about Folsom. That’s what you don’t get. I’ve tried to explain that. You hijack entire threads not about Folsom to talk about Folsom. You create multiple threads to talk about Folsom. People don’t want to see that and make it known. I decide for the betterment of the community that it’s better to ban you then let it continue, but you keep thinking it’s about Folsom cuz I know that makes you puff up your chest at the local watering hole about how snowflake DLS guys are. 

You guys should consider banning this troll again. He will continue to hijack threads and make rediculous statements. He lives for this shit. It’s been going on for years. He won’t change sadly. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No team can ride a 0-14 loss up the polls better than Folsom. 

While the other top publics are slugging it out, the devil is sitting home with a bye and waiting to see how many teams they will leapfrog.  

#disgusting

#annualevent

Blame the CIF not Folsom. Folsom scheduled up signifacntly better this year. Not their fault chaminade took a step down. BTW- chaminade didn’t look so bad against Oaks. 

There’s only two great teams up north and they played the other one, on the road, and looked every bit as good as DLS. 

Norcal isn’t as deep as SoCal. No teams are going to challenge DLS or Folsom so what do you want them to do? 

I promise you Folsom would wish for nothing more than to play DLS again for a shot at the open But the Cali playoffs are  trash unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

Blame the CIF not Folsom. Folsom scheduled up signifacntly better this year. Not their fault chaminade took a step down. BTW- chaminade didn’t look so bad against Oaks. 

There’s only two great teams up north and they played the other one, on the road, and looked every bit as good as DLS. 

Norcal isn’t as deep as SoCal. No teams are going to challenge DLS or Folsom so what do you want them to do? 

I promise you Folsom would wish for nothing more than to play DLS again for a shot at the open But the Cali playoffs are  trash unfortunately. 

Your points are valid.  It just seems that things never change, with regards to their Oct- Dec schedule.  Granted Folsom scheduled better this year, but they really need to keep the DLS game an annual event plus play a couple Top 10 So cal teams annually to satisfy me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

You guys should consider banning this troll again. He will continue to hijack threads and make rediculous statements. He lives for this shit. It’s been going on for years. He won’t change sadly. 

Ban me for what? You say the SAME EXACT stuff I say, in different words, then call for me to be banned?

Don't be an idiot man. 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

The above is literally the SAME EXACT points and arguments I make.

Yes, I should be banned for that blasphemy! 

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Please ban this troll his contributions are very negative to the overall health of the community. I have not posted as much because it turns into a highjacked folsom thread. The people have spoken.

56 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The above is literally the SAME EXACT points and arguments I make.

Yes, I should be banned for that blasphemy! 

It’s ok to say it 

it’s not ok to constantly Hijack threads with it which is what you constantly do literally every time you post here

since you can’t seem to figure this out or worse refuse to then you should be banned 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ararar said:

It’s ok to say it 

it’s not ok to constantly Hijack threads with it which is what you constantly do literally every time you post here

since you can’t seem to figure this out or worse refuse to then you should be banned 

A leopard ( block) can never change it's spots. Ban the "one trick pony" for good.

5 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

This is where ALL YOU FOLSOM FANS LOSE ALL RESPECT.... A 7 loss So Cal Team who lost 2 times to Oaks Christian who was MILES away from SJB is your "Measuring Stick?... Even better is your "Close" Shutout loss of your High Powered, overrated offense makes you "on the same level as CC"... You guys don't get it that  NO BODY CARES EVEN IF you beat DLS every time you play!... 

If you really want to help Northern CA Football make yourself relevant Play CC like PITT did... They were not afraid to travel, why are you?... This is why all you Folsom posters are a joke and everyone is sick of you guys.... You do nothing, and puff out your chest and say "we are the best and can beat Blah, Blah Blah, when we have beat NO ONE"... Yet when we all look at the reality, you guys are a joke..... I guess we should Blame the CIF for Folsom's lack of wanting to play Top Competition because they are afraid to lose.......

Sorry Man, Just keeping it Real.... :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ararar said:

The refereeing in this game was embarrassing for any HS game let alone the SS D1 semifinals.The TD That got taken off the board at the beginning of the game was atrocious.The ref blew his whistle because he didn’t know who had the ball.

Man, I watched this game today, and I was way off on this game!... I went with my gut and proved once again why I don't Gamble!....🙂

That being said, it seemed like the call mentioned above really put a black cloud over the game and according to the announcers on TV the officiating was embarrassing....

That being said, Mater Dei is an absolute monster of a HSFB team.... The big takeaway for me is I cant Figure out how SJB could have blown them out the way they did.... CC is a great team with great wins and has one of the most impressive defenses I have seen on the level with MD, SJB, DLS and BG.... 

I guess we will find out next week... CC is a great team and still the UNDISPUTED TOP PUBLIC HSFB TEAM in CA hands down with no argument.... After all, "To be the man, you have to beat the man!".... so if I were CC all I would say today is GOOD JOB KIDS and WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!..... :) :) :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

@THEOC89  What you saw was a very good Tier 1 team  taking it to a VERY good Tier 2 team.  

The teams may be ranked 2-3 in Calif but are on two totally different Tiers

Thus is what most novice fans don’t get and that is why they get shocked at outcomes like we saw last night 

That was obvious... MD and SJB on a different Level... I mean, IMG made MD look Small and slow on the field.... MD made CC look small and slow.... MD defense seemed to play at a different speed then the CC Defense.... That is why there were 4 Pick 6's.... The pass rush and coverage was too much for CC.... I think CC is a great team and the #3-4 team in CA.... The Level of MD and SJB is just Different....

Logan may catch up in the years to come though.... If he had a QB that could throw to his own players and not the other team that would have been a good game.... :) 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, THEOC89 said:

How about the Dude from Alabama who had the Awesome Cell Phone Live stream of the MD vs IMG game! Maybe he will be at the game tonight!.... That worked killer until right at the end when he got in a fight or something and the stream cut out!.... :) :) 

That guy saved the day.  A tip of my cap to that guy.  I think he ran out of battery.  Its something I recognize instantly unfortunately.  

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2018 at 2:37 PM, THEOC89 said:

I Think CC will win also! I think they will play more Disciplined then MD, make the game high scoring and win a shoot out.

Someone else posted that MD would Slow the game down by running the ball and keeping CC's Offense off the filed, If that happens CC is in trouble. MD will definatly have the Size and talent advantage, But CC will not be Intimidated and has lots of speed and great coaching.... I am Thinking like a 38-35 Type of game!.... 

M

F

A

O

204-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif