Mater Dei vs Centennial - CIF SS D1 Semifinal Game Discussion

PrepGridiron

You know prepgridiron, (I love that word gridiron, reminds me of my days back in the 60's when I wore the three stripes.  Gawd those were good times).  Anyways we feel fortunate to have the opportunity to compete against a great program like Centennial.  This game is gonna be a war.  We will truly need to be Warriors tonight.

The kids are ready.  We have a few trick plays ready.  So sit back and enjoy what should be a very entertaining battle.

Go Fox.

#DillyDilly

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Am I the only one who thinks Centennial is going to win?

I Think CC will win also! I think they will play more Disciplined then MD, make the game high scoring and win a shoot out.

Someone else posted that MD would Slow the game down by running the ball and keeping CC's Offense off the filed, If that happens CC is in trouble. MD will definatly have the Size and talent advantage, But CC will not be Intimidated and has lots of speed and great coaching.... I am Thinking like a 38-35 Type of game!.... 

Even though I am From The OC I want to see CC pull the upset.... Everyone thinks MD and SJB are Unbeatable and Rightfully so.... I just want to see that they can be beat by someone other then each other... :) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Am I the only one who thinks Centennial is going to win?

I ‘think’ MD wins but I also know that Centennial can beat them. Only somebody that hasn’t followed SoCal high school football the past 15 years would be surprised if Centennial wins. But for this to happen things would need to go their way such as MD turning the ball over. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I ‘think’ MD wins but I also know that Centennial can beat them. Only somebody that hasn’t followed SoCal high school football the past 15 years would be surprised if Centennial wins. But for this to happen things would need to go their way such as MD turning the ball over. 

I think this is a great Statement! Alot of people "Dropped" CC below the level of MD and SJB because last year SJB put up like 60 on them in the playoffs.... CC's Starting QB who was a top recruit was hurt and didn't play in that game. You have no chance of beating those Top 2 Teams with backups.

As far as I know CC is healthy and has something to prove... You are right, things will have to go their way and they will have to force a couple of turnovers and let MD shoot themselves in the foot with penalties which they have shown they will do this year. MD plays very undisciplined at times but has the immense talent to overcome!

I am very excited for this one!!!!... :) 

• Like 2

Great Article on the game!

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/11/15/game-of-the-week-mater-dei-centennial-corona-renew-rivalry-in-division-1-semifinals/

It Says that the game is at 7pm but Delayed on FSW until 8:30pm.... Does anyone know if there is any way to watch it starting at 7pm?

Otherwise, I wont be able to read the posts on this board until after the game is over!.... :)