Buford HC John Ford out

ATLien12x

Led Roswell to 7A state title appearances in 2015 and 2016 before leaving for Buford last year. He turned around roswell from 0-12 a few years back and brought them to the title w/ some solid recruiting, but he couldn’t get it done at 5A in buford. Too many losses for a program itching to get back glory. 

Ford had a good QB (SEC offers) and a great RB (Texas commit) this year and still couldn’t fix that offense. Obviously neither party liked the direction they were heading 

https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/buford/john-ford-out-as-buford-head-football-coach/article_6ffce1b0-f323-11e8-a815-8fe9f1da68ae.html

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Led Roswell to 7A state title appearances in 2015 and 2016 before leaving for Buford last year. He turned around roswell from 0-12 a few years back and brought them to the title w/ some solid recruiting, but he couldn’t get it done at 5A in buford. Too many losses for a program itching to get back glory. 

Ford had a good QB (SEC offers) and a great RB (Texas commit) this year and still couldn’t fix that offense. Obviously neither party liked the direction where they were heading 

No way he stays on the market long though... 

@JCGIII I know it's a stretch but... 

If he ends up at Westminster some how... With the money they got.... 

GA could have a private school on par with STA in 2-3 years time .. 

Remember awhile back I said If they got a coach like Ford whose a young hyped up coach that can get kids to buy into his system plus the benefits of being a private school with TONS and Tons of money he could build something fierce out of Westminster... 

But he'd need at least a year or 2...

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

21-5?  Dang!!  Y'all are vicious down there. 

Dude he lost to five loss Bainbridge at home on Friday. That’s enough right there. I live in Georgia and I don’t even know where Bainbridge is either. 

Also had the worst loss in 50+ years last year to Rome 45-7. But in all honesty I don’t I think it was this year’s results as much as big picture Buford didn’t see a title path over Rome without some changes.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yep and Ford at Grayson. Wouldn’t surprise me if they switched. But man if I was Grayson I wouldn’t settle again, I’d go find a winner 

Would shock me either... But I would be interested with Ford at Grayson if their defense remains dominant and if Ford can bring an offensive boost Grayson would be in great shape but either way Grayson will be looking for a new HC soon

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Dude he lost to five loss Bainbridge at home on Friday. That’s enough right there. I live in Georgia and I don’t even know where Bainbridge is either. 

Also had the worst loss in 50+ years last year to Rome 45-7. But in all honesty I don’t I think it was this year’s results as much as big picture Buford didn’t see a title path over Rome without some changes.   

I mean... 

Kirby Smarts from Bainbridge...

But outside that... 

You're not missing anything important... 

It's practically a bedroom community for Tallahassee,FL ... they're only like 20-30 minutes apart...

That and... 

Natural Powdered Peanut butter... 

Or Powdered Lactose free milk 

But they also grow popular Soccer field grass in Bainbridge... 

And have a Inland port from the Gulf..... 

I think what did Ford In was losing to Bainbridge who got clobbered by Lincoln,FL by 3 touchdowns. 

Lincoln is hot garbage and Bainbridge got plowed by them. So Buford losing to that team was the last straw. 

Just kidding. You cant make $100,000K plus a year to field talented ass teams only to not even contend for a title. Even when they made it they had no shot. And Buford has been spoiled over the last few decades 

You could almost see this coming from a mile away.  

I knew just from the discussion with BGW on here that Coach Ford wasn't gonna make it long. I'm a little surprised it happened after 1 season, but, when you know there isn't a good fit, it's better to get it behind you rather than hang on like Camden did with Coach Coffee.

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

The best thing I can tell you about Bainbridge... I once dated a nurse that lived there... we went on vacation to Biloxi once... I left her ass in the hotel room midway through and came home.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg.8f43dad9018eaf324175bbacf6dfcc16.jpg

I mean you can laugh but Shit... 

Ford's the type of coach that players want to play for. 

Him at a private school like Westminster with an endowment matching that of Northern Prep schools... 

And then Westminster location between Cobb, DeKalb and Gwinnett... 

That's a scary thought... 

Obviously I didn't mean they'd become STA overnight... 

But they for damn sure would be something to be feared in little time...

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think what did Ford In was losing to Bainbridge who got clobbered by Lincoln,FL by 3 touchdowns. 

Lincoln is hot garbage and Bainbridge got plowed by them. So Buford losing to that team was the last straw. 

Just kidding. You cant make $100,000K plus a year to field talented ass teams only to not even contend for a title. Even when they made it they had no shot. And Buford has been spoiled over the last few decades 

"And Buford has been spoiled over the last few decades."

And also, their run of multiple state championships came from the 2-A and 3-A classification. They WERE a big fish in a small pond with all their blue chip athletes. They had as many d-1 prospects, when they were 2-A and 3-A, as some teams in the top classification. Now they are in 5-A and aren't the biggest fish anymore.