Geico Event Q&A December 4 630 CST

PrepGridiron

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Then instead of consistently attacking someones intelligence & constantly trolling , bring a little more to the board.

I do not troll.

Attacking someone's intelligence is warranted given what I've read.

Being obsessed and carrying out vendettas is another thing altogether.

And I bring a lot more to this board than you, sunshine.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I definitely think having Eastside Catholic/Centennial playing and leaving out a SFA/Colquitt/STA is a mistake.    One of the big things that excited us about this was a SFA vs STA/Colquitt matchup.  Now it looks like that might not happen.    If we are going by picking the top teams EC should not have been chosen.   Centennial has a case.  Eastside catholic...no.   It'd be fine if you had that game and then had two more, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I definitely think having Eastside Catholic playing and leaving out a SFA/Colquitt/STA is a mistake.  

It seems like the whole thing this year is a mistake.

I understand tweaking things but they've radically changed this every year to the point where this year's event looks like a giant turd.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Of course there's no difference but remember that you're dealing with an infant here.

This board operates the way it does because @PrepGridiron allows it to. So instead of snark and irony and other interesting things we get whining and personal vendettas by weak-minded people.

Coming from the person who blocked me and don't have the fuckin genitals to quote me because I know your fuckin name you scumbag bitch

It's crazy how block got banned before for a hell lot less than what you do daily and yet some people are so stupid that they listen to your Bullshit and think you know something when you aren't even at any damn games because you aren't in South Florida your in fuckin Tallahassee 

I'm kinda interested in the Eastside Catholic/Centennial match up. 

I know they aren't necessarily name brand teams, but, there is good football being played everywhere and just because they haven't necessarily been spotlighted on here or somewhere else doesn't mean it's some terrible game about to happen. 

We know they aren't the best West Coast teams that there are, but, who we think is the best isn't allowed to participate currently.

That isn't Paragon or ESPN's fault at all. It seems they're working to expand the brand and they have a model they're following. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

It seems like the whole thing this year is a mistake.

I understand tweaking things but they've radically changed this every year to the point where this year's event looks like a giant turd.

I'm guessing they wanted to keep Washington in the fold since they didn't play the last two years.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm kinda interested in the Eastside Catholic/Centennial match up. 

I know they aren't necessarily name brand teams, but, there is good football being played everywhere and just because they haven't necessarily been spotlighted on here or somewhere else doesn't mean it's some terrible game about to happen. 

We know they aren't the best West Coast teams that there are, but, who we think is the best isn't allowed to participate currently.

That isn't Paragon or ESPN's fault at all. It seems they're working to expand the brand and they have a model they're following. 

Don't get me wrong if it were me I'd have a ton of matchups and I'd watch them all.  Thing is we are limited to two games.   Can't have Eastside Catholic in there and leave out one of SFA/Colquitt/STA.    

At this point I think they probably SHOULD leave out SFA if both CC and STA win out.   I'm cool with a STA Colquitt matchup, but I really wanted to see SFA tested this year.   That being said the REALITY is SFA will play.  I mean you almost have to.   Their whole season was going to be this game lol.   We must know how good they are haha!   

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If that game is the result of SFA being left out, then so be it. CQ vs STA is a phenomenal regional matchup. 

It's certainly a matchup that seems unlikely without Paragon/ESPN involvement, in spite of being a regional thing. 

Both teams still have some work to do before thinking about that though.

16 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Some schools who could qualify are hesitant to play a plus 1 game after the CIF Bowl Game which was only created a few years ago.

Rollo is not a fan of 15/16 game seasons.  Feels its burns out the kids and they can't catch up for finals. Kids started hell week in July and end the season in December 😨 

Rollo starts talking about 12:05

• Like 1

Here's the thing that is flawed about this event. Making exclusive to state champs. 

So the state champs from Nebraska and Alaska is a good game, but not a regular season match of Allen/STA, Colquitt/Mater Dei etc? 

Centennial vs Eastside Catholic is a waste of money. I guarantee the HSFB community would rather have seen a week 1 titanic match between juggernauts than Washington vs AZ. 

No disrespect to AZ. Chandler and Centennial are some really upper echelon teams. But it's their opponent that makes the game a sad trombone 😂

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Here's the thing that is flawed about this event. Making exclusive to state champs. 

So the state champs from Nebraska and Alaska is a good game, but not a regular season match of Allen/STA, Colquitt/Mater Dei etc? 

Centennial vs Eastside Catholic is a waste of money. I guarantee the HSFB community would rather have seen a week 1 titanic match between juggernauts than Washington vs AZ. 

No disrespect to AZ. Chandler and Centennial are some really upper echelon teams. But it's their opponent that makes the game a sad trombone 😂

I’m a Centennial guy but I’m wondering why with all that size and D1 talent Eastside has compared to us...people still think we’ll blow them out. Why is that??

its a travesty in my eyes but NOBODY on Centennial currently has a Power 5 offer and only 2 have FBS offers.

22 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

From a $ perspective, I think Paragon is making a wise decision.

Having both games at a home team's site is a smart idea... max out on local sales.  

Ratings wise, sure we are snobs on this forum to ask for some nice tilts at the end of the year, but bottom line the ratings won't see the difference.  I've shown years of backup data to prove this.   It's about ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU in that order.   You get a noon hs game on ESPN before college season starts... that will beat a marquee game on any other channel at any other time the same day/weekend.  

I'm guessing it will be Colquitt County or Lee County to host SFA... just a feeling and it would be very cool if it was Colquitt County.   I don't see them losing, so Imo it's take the invite or decline, but they will be invited whether STA wins or not.  

2 hours ago, StingMan44 said:

I’m a Centennial guy but I’m wondering why with all that size and D1 talent Eastside has compared to us...people still think we’ll blow them out. Why is that??

Because they don't have all that D1 talent. And D1 is a weasel word too because it also encompasses FCS which means they could have a bunch of guys going to Portland State.

They have 7 starred players in the Junior and Senior classes. Only 2 are Seniors. Both Seniors are 2-star.

I have no idea what he was talking about with that.

• Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Because they don't have all that D1 talent. And D1 is a weasel word too because it also encompasses FCS which means they could have a bunch of guys going to Portland State.

They have 7 starred players in the Junior and Senior classes. Only are Seniors. Both Seniors are 2-star.

I have no idea what he was talking about with that.

EC has 13 guys with FBS level offers. Centennial has 2. Why does everyone expect Centennial to blow them out??  

But thanks for answering a question I didn’t ask as well as not answering the question I did ask.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StingMan44 said:

EC has 13 guys with FBS level offers. Centennial has 2. Why does everyone expect Centennial to blow them out??  

But thanks for answering a question I didn’t ask as well as not answering the question I did ask.

I did answer your question. You're just incredibly dense, apparently.

I said because they don't have 13 FBS level offers and I don't know where Rashid got that number or what he was talking about.

Eastside Catholic is not that talented and not that good.

• Thumbs Down 1