Geico Event Q&A December 4 630 CST

PrepGridiron

The best team Centennial beat this year was Notre Dame Prep.

Their record vs. the top 1000 in the last 5 years?

1-7.

But it gets better.

Their record vs. the top 1000 since 2003?

1-15.

This guys team plays opponents that are the equivalent of Pop Warner teams but he thinks he's got the goods to question coaches that he knows nothing about.

It's like saying that the Cleveland Cavaliers are poorly coached because they lost in the championship but that his U-12 rec league team is well-coached because they won a championship.

🤡

On 12/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, 954gator said:

Don't get me wrong if it were me I'd have a ton of matchups and I'd watch them all.  Thing is we are limited to two games.   Can't have Eastside Catholic in there and leave out one of SFA/Colquitt/STA.    

At this point I think they probably SHOULD leave out SFA if both CC and STA win out.   I'm cool with a STA Colquitt matchup, but I really wanted to see SFA tested this year.   That being said the REALITY is SFA will play.  I mean you almost have to.   Their whole season was going to be this game lol.   We must know how good they are haha!   

IMO the most interesting match up would be SFA and CC should they beat Milton. LC would have some interest but CC is GA's perceived flagship at this time and national interest would be quite high... Same perception about SFA in the Mid Atlantic area. IMO, they were possibly the only team that could have given last year's MD a real test. CC / SFA is the ticket.

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

IMO the most interesting match up would be SFA and CC should they beat Milton. LC would have some interest but CC is GA's perceived flagship at this time and national interest would be quite high... Same perception about SFA in the Mid Atlantic area. IMO, they were possibly the only team that could have given last year's MD a real test. CC / SFA is the ticket.

SFA was pretty good last year. A solid top 10, but last years MD would beat them by 3 TDs. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, old_e said:

I dont knock SFA. I believe they're a good team.  However,  it will be more than a month when they play in Geico game since the last time they  saw the football field. Will they show up rusty?

Many teams can claim the same about the Geico game over the years. Just means they have longer to prepare, its never hurt anyone else.

I could say Colquitt will be mentally exhausted after a tough playoff run. Where as SFA should be 100% fresh.

I think Colquitt will win this game. Last year Northwestern was wiped out after a very tough playoff run and a very close championship game against the pretty good Armwood team. Saint Francis plays a bunch of nobodies, other than the one or two Powers they are able to schedule. But st. Francis did whoop northwestern's ass last year so no excuses for the bowls. They lost to a better team. But also a team that was far more rested.

The game I really would have liked to see is Lakeland first Colquitt. That would have been fun. Lakeland's defense was pretty stout, especially against the Run. They had a few lapses in the passing game but we're able to overcome it with tenacity And Timely playmaking. Not sure Colquitt would have the same passing game at St Thomas.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Many teams can claim the same about the Geico game over the years. Just means they have longer to prepare, its never hurt anyone else.

I could say Colquitt will be mentally exhausted after a tough playoff run. Where as SFA should be 100% fresh.

You could look at it that way, or you could look at it like Colquitt will still be in game mode where the game is slower for them because they have been playing some quality teams the last few weeks, where as SFA will be rusty from barely playing all year and might not be in football shape after playing a Canadian schedule. The timing and execution might be a little off. Chemistry as well. And Colquitt most likely will be at home. 

This game favors Colquitt and I would expect a great program like them to win the game. 

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

The game I really would have liked to see is Lakeland first Colquitt. That would have been fun. Lakeland's defense was pretty stout, especially against the Run. They had a few lapses in the passing game but we're able to overcome it with tenacity And Timely playmaking. Not sure Colquitt would have the same passing game at St Thomas.

Lakeland would naught have much success running the ball against Colquitt, furthermore Coach Castle would pass with much dread against the likes of Colquitt's Jay Ward and that Packer "D".

Happy to help,

BGW

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

MD was great lst year, but I’m sure there were a bunch if teams that would have given them a test.   Let’s not exaggerate here.  

On 12/4/2018 at 7:44 PM, PrepGridiron said:

Response:

In terms of Texas their State Championship usually ends the same weekend as GEICO Bowl Series.  In addition, we do not want to move the event to January which would be too late a time for most teams to play.

TX is always a problem. They should never be ranked with the rest of the country. They need to start "earning" their rankings. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Check out Allen vs. Duncanville and Lake Travis vs. North Shore this coming weekend.

All 4 are really good.

14 games played an d still not a single top 100 win by Allen.  It's 2018. 

Yeah, Lake Travis looks awesome. Played one, barely, top 100 team and promptly lost. 

North Shore and Duncanville should win but it's TX.  Not a one of these 4 have played a single top 5o team!

Gauntlet. Gd help them. 

59 minutes ago, noonereal said:

14 games played an d still not a single top 100 win by Allen.  It's 2018. 

Yeah, Lake Travis looks awesome. Played one, barely, top 100 team and promptly lost. 

North Shore and Duncanville should win but it's TX.  Not a one of these 4 have played a single top 5o team!

Gauntlet. Gd help them. 

Southlake Carroll was top 50 until Duncanville thumped them 51-7.

North Shore has 2 top 100 wins... Over Katy.

Allen is Allen. You already know.

Lake Travis beat Judson, who again was top 100 until LT took their lunch $.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1