Whats wrong with DLS and can it be fixed

Sammyswordsman

8 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I dont know man.... If all DLS cared about was winning state, they could just drop down to D1AA and beat up on San Diego...

I do think they care about developing young men and teaching them to put forth their best effort against the best competition and live with the results... 

I think Coach A is there for the long haul Regardless of how many opens they win....

They may not win 4 in a row but they will win again... After all, they have been to 13 in a row so they are doing just fine... 🙂

LOL.  DLS knows that winning State means winning the Open SBG. 

Coach A is a young ambitious guy who pushes himself hard.  He will only feel compelled to stick around if he feels he is accomplishing something.   He realizes that winning NCS games, going 50% win rate OOS,  and losing every SBG is not accomplishing anything. 

Take a minute and think about it from his standpoint.

Lad would stay cuz he just likes to coach.   But he's one of a kind.

I was wondering where you’re finding DLS’s stated goal — this is all I could come up with 

The De La Salle Athletic Program

"The public's perception of what we do or what we stand for is drastically different than what actually takes place. I can imagine that this is probably true for many organizations. This is especially true for our football team. People are constantly writing the local papers questioning the integrity of our program. It's upsetting in so much that it questions the integrity of school officials and coaches sworn to uphold the ideals of our founder St. La Salle. What's worse, it completely nullifies the hard work, sheer grit and determination of our student athletes at De La Salle"

.....Bob Ladouceur, Spartan Head Football Coach (1979-2012)

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  DLS knows that winning State means winning the Open SBG. 

Coach A is a young ambitious guy who pushes himself hard.  He will only feel compelled to stick around if he feels he is accomplishing something.   He realizes that winning NCS games, going 50% win rate OOS,  and losing every SBG is not accomplishing anything. 

Take a minute and think about it from his standpoint.

Lad would stay cuz he just likes to coach.   But he's one of a kind.

Ask @PrepGridiron about Coach ‘Baugh — I believe they’re contemporaries at DLS

I do know that he had an opportunity to choose a different path that would have been financially much more lucrative but he chose to serve — don’t mean to say he’s particularly pious or isn’t competitive as fuck, but he knew what he was signing up for and I don’t think would have chosen this path for any other school in the country 

servite and JSerra can only dream about becoming as irrelevant as you claim DLS is 

nice troll OP — got a little action on a slow night and timed it well enough that it ought to stay on page one through tomorrow 

I don’t expect to see a spontaneous angst eruption 

5 hours ago, Pops said:

Players matter

but it’s more fun to beat you when none of our guys would start on your team 

and kids get more out of that than the alternative 

and I became convinced this year that a good DLS team, created just with a little Br Robert sort of receptivity to a diversified freshmen class, can compete with any 11 guys socal can put together (and you can still take guys from sacramento)

Nothing to add to this.

BGW

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

MD got just many transfers 20 years ago so that has nothing to do with that Sammy posted...infact the D the MD field vs DLS had 3 transfers and the one we fielded in 2000 vs DLS had 6 transfers...so there is that...

The difference is...

MD was getting 20 mediocre players like yourself. Now they are getting highly touted players due to some "naturally" occurring phenomenon...

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The difference is...

MD was getting 20 mediocre players like yourself. Now they are getting highly touted players due to some "naturally" occurring phenomenon...

i may have been mediocre but i was best mediocre player on the team...all i was missing was size, speed, football IQ, dedication, grit, quickness, and a nose for the ball. if i had all those things i would have been really good.

"If i was any good, i would have been good." ~Eddyr2 

Image result for uncle rico football gif

• Haha 10

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

DLS football program's #1 Stated Goal is to win State.

They are 0-3 since 2015 and headed toward 0-5.

Anyone who denies there is a problem is not being honest.

Do you think the coaching staff puts in all that work to be satisfied with being #1 in nor cal?

Do you think Coach A will stick around 5-10 more years if he can't accomplish the #1 stated goal?

Then again, they can always change their #1 stated goal to winning the NCS, and developing fiiiine young men..

Doubt that will happen because Coach Alumbaugh still has the fire.  He will make the changes or he will leave DLS.

Make no mistake.  The next 3-5 years are crucial for the DLS football program.  The old guard is fading away and the program needs new SBG hardware.

I guess the other 1604ish teams in Cali should blow up their teams also since there’s only 3 teams in Cali with a legit chance of winning with the mega transfer all star teams SJB-MD and then DLS...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

DLS has been incredibly underachieving for the past 3 years.  Albeit by their own standards, as most other teams would be very content with the results since after 2015.   In 2012 (after 3 consecutive losses to Servite and missing the playoffs, Rollo said he "blew up the program".  Is it time for Coach Alumbaugh to do the same?

I'd like to hear from the DLS guys about what the issues are and if the program can achieve exponential success, such as Mater Dei achieved.  (Please spare us the talk of transfers).

Can someone list DLS's top OOS match ups over the years, with outcomes? 

This would give us a better platform to start the conversation from. (and I don't want to hear anything about any fuckin tiers!)

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

This would give us a better platform to start the conversation from. (and I don't want to hear anything about any fuckin tiers!)

Is a SoCal opponent given the same credence as a literal OOS opponent? Should SoCal be considered OOS for NorCal? That's a big-ass state.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, noonereal said:

That’s public information.  Do your own research.  I’m busy working g on The Tiers 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nothing wrong with being the #3 team in CA annually. They do things the right way. On the up and up. And they never ever suffer any forfeiture losses by dressing ineligible players. They are the envy of hsfb fans across America. No repairs needed. 

Agree with everything you said Gardenstateballer*

We are Happy the DLS is content being #3 in Cal and satisfied with not winning an open SBG for the foreseeable future 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Welcome to the NJ guy with an inferiority complex about DLS 

OOS means nothing 

DLS has played a top 10 team a few weeks after football season ends in NJ every year since ‘07 and are 7-5 in those games — that’s more wins over top 10 teams (week 16 or later) than anyone in country 

you can do the rest of your homework request yourself — just realize that most NJ “OOS” games would still be in state here so you might want to include “OOS(section)” games 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nothing wrong with being the #3 team in CA annually. They do things the right way. On the up and up. And they never ever suffer any forfeiture losses by dressing ineligible players. They are the envy of hsfb fans across America. No repairs needed. 

My NJ comments above are not directed at you 

👍

• Thanks 1