Top running back transferring to Mater Dei?

Rcmore

The Milton family is adamantly denying the transfer. Not sure whether this is actually factual but the gossip is that the MD administration is clamping down this offseason on allowing transfers. On the surface it indeed appears this way. The fact that MD has zero transfers is hard to explain any other way.  If you believe social media, Milton and a few other players were a lock to transfer to MD. Now people that follow the program are claiming the administration is stopping this. They already blocked Logan Loya who subsequently ended up at Bosco and it looks like they are blocking others as well.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

The Milton family is adamantly denying the transfer. Not sure whether this is actually factual but the gossip is that the MD administration is clamping down this offseason on allowing transfers. On the surface it indeed appears this way. The fact that MD has zero transfers is hard to explain any other way.  If you believe social media, Milton and a few other players were a lock to transfer to MD. Now people that follow the program are claiming the administration is stopping this. They already blocked Logan Loya who subsequently ended up at Bosco and it looks like they are blocking others as well.

It’s good that they are finally doing this. What they were doing with all the transfers was getting out of hand!

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

It’s good that they are finally doing this. What they were doing with all the transfers was getting out of hand!

Many of the catholic schools around the country have taken similar steps. Despite what we like to think on here, the majority of alumni donors are not as concerned with the success of the football team as we are. The decision makers aren't too sure that the schools being known as football factories is what they were formed to be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Many of the catholic schools around the country have taken similar steps. Despite what we like to think on here, the majority of alumni donors are not as concerned with the success of the football team as we are. The decision makers aren't too sure that the schools being known as football factories is what they were formed to be.

I talked about this around SBG time when the socal people were saying Norcal can’t ever win again and DLS has to change to keep up 

suggested that alumni could voice concerns which could close the pipeline +/-

that was before a transfer RB spit in a players face in SBG

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

MD will not be taking transfers from within the TL... transfers from outside the TL can still happen if MD wants to take them.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

that was before a transfer RB spit in a players face in SBG

There you go again, making stuff up...if you are talking about Harper he didn’t transfer in. the kid that went to MD all 4 years and started on varsity since his sophomore year...yep he transferred in, before his 9th grade year. Oh and by transfer I mean enroll...

also, who was DLS’ best player last year and where did he play freshman ball?

35 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

There you go again, making stuff up...if you are talking about Harper he didn’t transfer in. the kid that went to MD all 4 years and started on varsity since his sophomore year...yep he transferred in, before his 9th grade year. Oh and by transfer I mean enroll...

also, who was DLS’ best player last year and where did he play freshman ball?

Don’t confuse making stuff up with getting something wrong 

MD basically imported their only great teams they’ve had since you played 

OK — not really my style but seems to be at least increased acceptance if not new norm for certain schools — MD not doing anything against rules 

doesnt mean that alumni have to like the new approach — there’s lots of detractors even among hsfb fans much less non-sports or non-football fans and whether Harper was a transfer or not, he didn’t do your program proud by contributing to the perception that the prisoners are now in charge of the asylum 

neither did the WR coach for that matter 

don’t dance with the Devil and then be so sensitive when people point out you’ve grown horns 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

Don’t confuse making stuff up with getting something wrong 

MD basically imported their only great teams they’ve had since you played 

OK — not really my style but seems to be at least increased acceptance if not new norm for certain schools — MD not doing anything against rules 

doesnt mean that alumni have to like the new approach — there’s lots of detractors even among hsfb fans much less non-sports or non-football fans and whether Harper was a transfer or not, he didn’t do your program proud by contributing to the perception that the prisoners are now in charge of the asylum 

neither did the WR coach for that matter 

don’t dance with the Devil and then be so sensitive when people point out you’ve grown horns 

Nice job dancing around the fact that you are making stuff up again...

where did #11 play freshman ball?

4 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

No need to be a dick about the fact I didn’t realize Harper wasn’t one if MD’s 50 transfers 

i actually have MD credit for not allowing a kid to spend 4 years there and still display that sort of behavior 

I was wrong 

smh at you thinking shining the light on DLS occasionally taking a sophomore transfer (as they also do for non-athletes) is some sort of smoking gun or anything comparable to what’s going on in Santa Ana 

like i said, someone seems a bit sensitive imho — I’m not the first one or the one that comments most about MD and their new approach to winning 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Agreed. I am as big a football fan as there is. I am a Mater Dei alum that supports the school and loves winning but I am not happy with the crap that has tarnished the reputation of a great program. These past 2 MD teams were the best in school history but at the same time they have alienated many people, including its own fans, and created resentment among the SoCal high school football community.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

No need to be a dick about the fact I didn’t realize Harper wasn’t one if MD’s 50 transfers 

i actually have MD credit for not allowing a kid to spend 4 years there and still display that sort of behavior 

I was wrong 

smh at you thinking shining the light on DLS occasionally taking a sophomore transfer (as they also do for non-athletes) is some sort of smoking gun or anything comparable to what’s going on in Santa Ana 

like i said, someone seems a bit sensitive imho — I’m not the first one or the one that comments most about MD and their new approach to winning 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

You mean the kid that tried to play against MD with a broken foot ? He played frosh in Sac before Family moved down to bay and then enrolled at Dela his soph year. Thats the only transfer I can think of for the moment. Maybe there is another one in there somewhere, I don't know

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 5:12 AM, Bodysurf said:

Negro is going to put together the greatest program with nobody now to stop him, if MD is truly clamping down on transfers.  The can literally have a 5* at every single position,including the punter and kicker. 

• Like 2