To all the critics of OOS match ups

PassingLeagueHero

It’s starting to get really annoying of how everyone seems to criticize the majority of the OOS match ups that are announced. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but at some point it would be nice to acknowledge all of the hard work that comes into making these games happen. You have to consider available dates, travel and accommodation availability, school calendar, each state’s start of football season, television network contracts, and.the fact that many teams do not want to play top tier teams. I’m certain there are other factors besides the ones I mentioned.  Instead of predicting blow outs or criticizing the administrators, coaches and/or others involved for scheduling....maybe a small congrats would be nice for the schools that are condidered overwhelming underdogs for stepping up and playing teams that others are afraid to play and also for giving these athletes an experience that may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. You may bash the match up and the schools, but this is a dream come true for a lot of these kids.

For all of you critics that want to see dream match ups with every top 25, 50 or 100 team play against each other in OOS games.,become knowledgeable in all the hard work, aspects and responsibilities that go into scheduling a OOS game. Then maybe congratulate the school for their hard work....instead of popping off.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, PassingLeagueHero said:

It’s starting to get really annoying of how everyone seems to criticize the majority of the OOS match ups that are announced. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but at some point it would be nice to acknowledge all of the hard work that comes into making these games happen. You have to consider available dates, travel and accommodation availability, school calendar, each state’s start of football season, television network contracts, and.the fact that many teams do not want to play top tier teams. I’m certain there are other factors besides the ones I mentioned.  Instead of predicting blow outs or criticizing the administrators, coaches and/or others involved for scheduling....maybe a small congrats would be nice for the schools that are condidered overwhelming underdogs for stepping up and playing teams that others are afraid to play and also for giving these athletes an experience that may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. You may bash the match up and the schools, but this is a dream come true for a lot of these kids.

For all of you critics that want to see dream match ups with every top 25, 50 or 100 team play against each other in OOS games.,become knowledgeable in all the hard work, aspects and responsibilities that go into scheduling a OOS game. Then maybe congratulate the school for their hard work....instead of popping off.

4B44B47B-2C11-4746-9CC8-A7D9A03F9309.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

...98.5% of the people here are about "pom pomming" their state and bullshit. These type folks went to schools that never play OOS or are even mentioned "nationally".

They have that luxury of being critical of every match up....and, every other state.

Come this season I'll have 77% of this forum on ignore. There is nothing I haven't seen written before in over a decade of national posting....and, I don't anticipate a lot of new information this year. lmao

"Your state and school suck, me King Kong!"

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

8 hours ago, PassingLeagueHero said:

Especially I hate when a certain user talks shit about another teams elite schedule when his own team is playing Deerfield beach 🏖 a team that lost to some BNU school by 40

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

...98.5% of the people here are about "pom pomming" their state and bullshit. These type folks went to schools that never play OOS or are even mentioned "nationally".

They have that luxury of being critical of every match up....and, every other state.

Come this season I'll have 77% of this forum on ignore. There is nothing I haven't seen written before in over a decade of national posting....and, I don't anticipate a lot of new information this year. lmao

IF you put me on ignore then you will miss out on The Tiers.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, PassingLeagueHero said:

You have to consider available dates, travel and accommodation availability, school calendar, each state’s start of football season, television network contracts, and.the fact that many teams do not want to play top tier teams.

.maybe a small congrats would be nice for the schools that are considered overwhelming underdogs for stepping up and playing teams that others are afraid to play and also for giving these athletes an experience that may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Thanks for keeping it real.  Especially like how guys are understanding the concept of Tiers and the massive gaps a team must overcome when trying to play up into the next Tier.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PassingLeagueHero said:

Grasshopper - Nice try, but you will soon learn that bringing logic, rational thinking, and common sense to any discussion on this board gains you ... well ... nothing.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

If this board is boring no one is asking you to stay

And go ahead and put me on ignore, as I said before I don't post for people to like me nor do I care if anyone likes what I post

If people do then cool, if not then cool

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

Grasshopper - Nice try, but you will soon learn that bringing logic, rational thinking, and common sense to any discussion on this board gains you ... well ... nothing.

Please tell me something I don’t already know. Nice try? Posting this was more for me to just get it off my chest, knowing full well it’s contrary to the motives of many on this board. But the young “grasshopper” will have to disagree with you if you think there are no members with the ability to reason and appreciate my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wosinc said:

1 hour ago, PassingLeagueHero said:

Please tell me something I don’t already know. Nice try? Posting this was more for me to just get it off my chest, knowing full well it’s contrary to the motives of many on this board. 

Trying to work on this just a little at a time. 

Clearly motives aren't going away, but, some of the activity that keeps logical people from wanting to post and share certainly is. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PassingLeagueHero said:

Darn nice thread from a 

guy obviously not from GA or TX😀

Are you GSB junior?😂

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, PassingLeagueHero said:

Please tell me something I don’t already know. Nice try? Posting this was more for me to just get it off my chest, knowing full well it’s contrary to the motives of many on this board. But the young “grasshopper” will have to disagree with you if you think there are no members with the ability to reason and appreciate my opinion.

You do realize it was a joke, don’t you?  And I didn’t say “young.”  For all I know you’re an ancient grasshopper.

I know there are more than a few thoughtful posters on board.  I don’t think I said anything to indicate otherwise.  Those posters don’t need to be told.

The ones that do need to be told are incorrigible, and far more vocal than the thoughtful guys

I posted something similar to this on the Rivals board years ago.  There were a few “great post” type replies and then it was back to sniping as usual.

Back then it was all Jersey, all the time, pimping DBP.  Couldn’t shut them up.

I’m just cynical.  If it’s therapy for you, have at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

You do realize it was a joke, don’t you?  And I didn’t say “young.”  For all I know you’re an ancient grasshopper.

I know there are more than a few thoughtful posters on board.  I don’t think I said anything to indicate otherwise.  Those posters don’t need to be told.

The ones that do need to be told are incorrigible, and far more vocal than the thoughtful guys

I posted something similar to this on the Rivals board years ago.  There were a few “great post” type replies and then it was back to sniping as usual.

Back then it was all Jersey, all the time, pimping DBP.  Couldn’t shut them up.

I’m just cynical.  If it’s therapy for you, have at it.

Ohh we’re still wandering around, we pimp Bergen Catholic And st joes Now a Days

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Especially I hate when a certain user talks shit about another teams elite schedule when his own team is playing Deerfield beach 🏖 a team that lost to some BNU school by 40

Call out the "certain" user... I mean Buford played Deerfield this season past.....

Every body here talks shit, especially the Cali Horde and your left handed red headed step cousin Padre...

Even me... don't be a buttercup...

K?

BGW

16 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Are you GSB junior?😂

Nope...not the junior...lol. I’m just a has been that can say he’s played at the Santa Ana Bowl vs MD, the dawg pound vs Amat, Glover Field vs Servite, Glendale HS vs Loyola, Pierce College vs Crespi, not to mention Tyler Cashman and Los Al, Travis Kirsche and Esperanza, Aaron Flowers and Artesia, Ryan Roskely and Valencia....good teams, great times.

As a kid, I was fortunate enough to watch Sophmore Russell White run all over SJB at Anaheim Stadium in the “Big 5” Conference Chip, watch a few classic Carson/Banning games at the Coliseum for the “City 4-A Chips, Fontana High in two Chips, and as I got older, Lawrence Phillips vs West Covina, Daylon McCutcheon & Kory Minor vs MD for D1 Chip, Matt Leinhart and DJ Williams in the Classic MD vs DLS game. Tate Martell make his first appearance and replacing Danny Hong vs Servite at cerritos college....and a few more I can’t thinknof right now.

And last but not least, my father took me to see Ron Cuccia QB the Wilson Mules a few times...to bad I can’t remember much from those games.

With that said, my brief stint is done and I’m retiring from posting. I’ll continue to browse through a bunch of nonsense to find really good and informative info. 

And for all you posters full of hostility and anger.....try moving out of your mother’s basement or try representing and supporting ur actual Alma Mater or learn to golf....better yet, volunteer as a youth sports coach, if you were to put as much time into volunteering as you do in obsessing over football teams full of 16-18 year olds and instigating with ignorant comments.....you would do a lot of good.

Peace.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Call out the "certain" user... I mean Buford played Deerfield this season past.....

W

st joe, nj scheduled (5-5) Cardinal Hayes, NY this year and this inarticulate moron runs around talking crap about (12-2) Deerfield Beach, FL. playing a Louisiana team this year because they lost once to a nj team a couple years ago.

Deerfield Beach has beaten STA 5 times since 2004 (last win, 2015). How many programs can say that?

2018 Deerfield Beach (12-2, #154 nationally)

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/deerfield-beach-bucks-(deerfield-beach,fl)/football/schedule.htm

2018 Cardinal Hayes (5-5 #1652 nationally)

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/cardinal-hayes-cardinals-(bronx,ny)/football/home.htm

Meanwhile, Gonzaga, MD smashed don bosco last year, yet don bosco is going to travel 2500 miles to get bone-crushed again........go figure?

This guy should have changed his handle to " imstillagalacticmoron or imstillindenialaboutmypenissize"

Either fuckin' one!

• Haha 1