Will The Norm Return Today?

MTP28

Will today’s Colquitt County School Board meeting put to rest all of the rumors and speculation that has been spoken for the last two weeks. I’m sure it’s important especially for the players and other staff at the school. Or will it continue to drag on?

9 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Will today’s Colquitt County School Board meeting put to rest all of the rumors and speculation that has been spoken for the last two weeks. I’m sure it’s important especially for the players and other staff at the school. Or will it continue to drag on?

Today's meeting will set the direction for Colquitt's football program for the coming months.  There probably will not be any details regarding their decision since it is a "personnel issue".  You can expect the innuendo to continue for quite a while.  Much like the young man's death in the wrestling mat at Lowndes.

Hope that helps....

Rufus>>

46 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Is anyone on this board going to be there, so they can give us the play by play?

2 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Wow Rufus, not sure if categorizing personal issues and a young mans death meet the same criteria of importance. 

But it then again people process loss differently. 

I thought so too. Odd since cc folk are so quick to jump anybody about rush and his transgressions. 

But yea, making light of a kids death because you might lose your football coach? 

Unnecessary IMO. 

And its “personnel” issues, not personal. Unless there was a typo or the person who released the original statement couldn’t discern between the two.

stay classy Norman Park!

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I thought so too. Odd since cc folk are so quick to jump anybody about rush and his transgressions. 

But yea, making light of a kids death because you might lose your football coach? 

Unnecessary IMO. 

And its “personnel” issues, not personal. Unless there was a typo or the person who released the original statement couldn’t discern between the two.

stay classy Norman Park!

What all happened with the students death at Lowndes?

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Is anyone on this board going to be there, so they can give us the play by play?

One of my closest friends is gonna be there. 

I can already tell you what is gonna happen though. 

They gonna say the prayer and pledge, some folks from each camp will voice concerns and present a petition with 2k signatures etc. 

The school board will have a short open discussion of the agenda at hand as a formality then go to executive session where they play thumb wars and stuff for a few minutes to kill time then they return and say what they were gonna say since 2 weeks ago anyway. 

They've been had their orders for at least that long.

• Thanks 1

Couple of things here. First the death of any student does not compare to a person being displaced from their employment ( allegedly by their own doing) not even close! That event has created a long lasting rift for both athletes and students alike. While I think Rush is celebrated I’d hate to think his departure ( if it happens) draws comparisons to the schools culture since the young mans death.

let me also say from what I’ve known of Rufus I do NOT think it was his intention cause after all........... tensions are running a little high going into the one o’clock hour. 

Well, the board is in the back thumb wrestling now. 

Several people voiced support and opinions on the farce of an investigation and the board retired to the back with red asses. 

Awaiting further info now. My source had to leave so we'll be depending on someone else to drop the verdict.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, the board is in the back thumb wrestling now. 

Several people voiced support and opinions on the farce of an investigation and the board retired to the back with red asses. 

Awaiting further info now. My source had to leave so we'll be depending on someone else to drop the verdict.

This kangaroo "court" better be ready to face the masses. 

10 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

This kangaroo "court" better be ready to face the masses. 

I dont think they really are, but, who knows. They may not care one way or the other. 

One man compared Rush's win percentage with the graduation rate and asked who really needs be investigated or shown the door here. 0_0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Wow Rufus, not sure if categorizing personal issues and a young mans death meet the same criteria of importance. 

But it then again people process loss differently. 

Still kinda sensitive over the mess at Lowndes?

Remember how everybody got all the facts right?

Remember how everybody let it go once the "investigation" was complete?

Remember the lawsuits and the FSU love?

It'll be the same in Moultrie.  That's what I'm saying....(Smile).

Our mess ain't going away anytime soon.....

Rufus>>

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You guys are too soft. He didn't make light of a death at all.

He said the story would be handled the same way basically. 

This one said that... That one said this and nobody believes the official story. 

Stay soft Lowndes and Maurita. 

You piglets stay together. I’ll give you that. 

Then when somebody body talks about rush it’s katy nar the door

• Haha 1