It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

There’s a huge difference between spending 2 hours on the practice field “practicing” and working your ass for 2 hours in a way that will make real work look easy the rest of your life.  

How come they don't know how to work on behalf of their players?

What does Alumbaugh do all offseason? 

Serious question.

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Go mock a Marine for his Simper Fidelis 

I’d  pay to see that 

i don’t want to get political because I have friends on both sides and your side (can and you) are particularly uptight about our current leader, but I wouldn’t expect an liberal Atheist to put a lot of stock in Brotherhood 

That would require having stones and not being afraid of getting your teeth kicked in

Neither fits Los personality type, his personality type is one that would mock someone on internet but then moment someone asks to fight him in person he will get cold feet

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

I know you never concede points, so I expect a topic change 

What would I concede to you?

DLS coaches don't have all that much to do with guys making NFL rosters 4 years later. They have a lot to do with their kids making college rosters 3 months later.

They suck at it.

It's been proven.

It's obvious to anybody who pays at least a little attention.

18 minutes ago, The Guru said:

if they put more into the college ranks you'd undoubtedly attribute it to coaching as well.

Nope

Just the opposite as you clearly know 

didn’t read the rest of the post after you whiffed here 

colleges look at raw abilities — height, weight, speed — it’s all they can do with resources they have to sift thru hundreds of thousands kids per year

nfl requires a lot more — strength (DLS’s forte is developed), character, work ethic, discipline — the candidate pool is 1% as large and the evaluative resources are more because the investment is much larger 

Counting stats on D1/ nfl isn’t an area I take any pride in at all although I do like having a Tagaloa or To’oto’o on team from time to time — I’m bringing up the NFL/ D1 ratio just to contradict your asinine assertion that DLS coaches should feel ashamed for having only 2 D1s on campus at the moment — they put more kids into NFL per “talent” (as measured by college recruiters) than any team in America 

maybe sta coaches should be ashamed for not having 100 kids in nfl with as much talent Walks thru your doors (if only briefly)

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

i don’t want to get political because I have friends on both sides and your side (can and you) are particularly uptight about our current leader, but I wouldn’t expect an liberal Atheist to put a lot of stock in Brotherhood 

The average deluded DLS fanboy is always forced to cite the Brotherhood when confronted with inconvenient truths.

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

colleges look at raw abilities — height, weight, speed — it’s all they can do with resources they have to sift thru hundreds of thousands kids per year

You are so incompetent on this topic that it's laughable.

First, when confronted with an argument you couldn't counter, you pulled out the Marines.

Now, you're attempting to claim that only raw ability matters in getting college offers. anybody who knows even a tad bit about some of those STA kids knows that it's not true.

But, again, to be honest on this topic would require Pops to be critical of DLS.

Which is not something he's going to do, PERIOD.

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

nfl requires a lot more — strength (DLS’s forte is developed), character, work ethic, discipline — the candidate pool is 1% as large and the evaluative resources are more because the investment is much larger 

It keeps getting better.

So colleges (who must account for grades, background, etc) only care about measurables but the NFL (who only has to account for "CAN YOU PLAY") cares about more?

You're so far over your skis talking about this stuff.

An NFL team will sign or draft a suspected rapist, in some cases, as long as they can play. They will sign or draft a functional illiterate if they can play.

16 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’m bringing up the NFL/ D1 ratio just to contradict your asinine assertion that DLS coaches should feel ashamed for having only 2 D1s on campus at the moment —

That's not what I said and any morally normal person can see that.

They should be ashamed that only two of their players have D1 offers.

It's totally in your character to pass the buck and claim that it's all about physical talent when, in fact, a lot of it is the effort put in by the coach.

19 minutes ago, Pops said:

maybe sta coaches should be ashamed for not having 100 kids in nfl with as much talent Walks thru your doors (if only briefly)

They're not responsible for putting kids into the NFL.

What they are responsible for, though, is putting them on college campuses and they embarrass Alumbaugh in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Corn fed farm boys dabbling in football after chores vs Nike gear wearing, Multi Elite camp, multi offer 4*s super athletes.

The Pops narrative for DLS is, indeed, "corny" but nobody should mistake what he's doing.

He's attempting to lower expectations to the point that no result would be bad for DLS.

50 minutes ago, The Guru said:

What?

Talk about changing the subject.

I've beaten you badly before but this something.

You were mocking The Brotherhood

i don’t think suggesting you go tell a United States if America Marine that his brotherhood is laughable is changing the subject 

YOU just changed again 

in fact, as we are honored by the presence of at least one proud member of the USMC, I’ll tag @DevilDog for his take — he should be unbiased as a proud marine who nonetheless lives speed and Jimmy’s and joes 

I should leave you alone and let you get your feet wet before embarrassing you this badly — I didn’t mean to but was expecting more 

49 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The average deluded DLS fanboy is always forced to cite the Brotherhood when confronted with inconvenient truths.

Spoken like a liberal Atheist 

like i said, we can agree to disagree (or I can decide to let you off hook)

16 minutes ago, Pops said:

i don’t think suggesting you go tell a United States if America Marine that his brotherhood is laughable is changing the subject 

So...

mesh point of veer

is turned into...

Brotherhood

which is twisted into...

Marines

Pops has really outdone himself on this pathetic and thinly-veiled attempt at at deflection.

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

in fact, as we are honored by the presence of at least one proud member of the USMC, I’ll tag @DevilDog for his take — he should be unbiased as a proud marine who nonetheless lives speed and Jimmy’s and joes 

What the hell are you talking about?

I would assume that you had suffered some kind of head injury if I didn't know you so well.

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Spoken like a liberal Atheist 

like i said, we can agree to disagree (or I can decide to let you off hook)

So a recap...

ME: DLS is bad at getting offers for their players.

POPS: You insulted the Marines! Semper Fidelis!

ME: What?

POPS: I'm going to tag a proud Marine to get his opinion!

ME: Why?

POPS: Spoken like a true liberal!

ME: Come again?

POPS: Agree to disagree!

8 hours ago, The Guru said:

You are so incompetent on this topic that it's laughable.

First, when confronted with an argument you couldn't counter, you pulled out the Marines.

Now, you're attempting to claim that only raw ability matters in getting college offers. anybody who knows even a tad bit about some of those STA kids knows that it's not true.

But, again, to be honest on this topic would require Pops to be critical of DLS.

Which is not something he's going to do, PERIOD.

I’m pretty sure I played a higher level of ball than you and I’ve actually been a positional coach (vs whatever it is that you do) on a staff with a future nfl HC so put the brakes on your arrogance just a sec

in the last 10 years ive seen dozens of DLS kids that could and regularly did kick the shit out of competitors with D1 scholarships 

— DLS’s record breaking RB (later Atlanta Falcon) didn’t have a D1 offer on LOI day 

— his stablemate walked on to same BCS school and was also a multi-year starter (how many high schools do you think had both starting RBs for a BCS schooland both we’re walk ins?  Obviously none, but if you were told that it did happen, you should have guessed from where

— the next years RB had 2,000+ yards, 40+ TDS, 1st team all stare, and MvP of state game — no offers (5’7” Asian American doesn’t help but colleges don’t take chances on guys like that — he could have started at a BCS school like both the guys the previous year (and you called them all “plug and play”) but chose an education from Cal-Berkeley, started on multiple NCAA champ teams, and has played for team USA.  He’s a stud with a center of gravity lower than barry sanders and plenty of speed to play (just ask @Sammyswordsman)

— Justin walker (was a senior vs you guys) was maybe the strongest player in hsfb and played with a ton of passion but nobody offers 5’11, 215# DL (wrestled D1 at 189, but would have finished in top 10 linemen in NFL combine that year for bench press reps — and yes, at 225).  One of your OL called said he was more difficult to block than Prattville’s monster 4* 

— Keanu Andrade was probably DLS’s best player in the class that included top 100 national recruits Tagaloa and Asiasi (was on varsity as a RB/ LB as soph, led team in tackles by a lot next two years and prepared to do double duty as LB/ C senior year).  Absolute multi-sport stud competitor.  But what college is going to take a 5’8” LB?

— other side of the coin, Michael Hutchings little brother received a scholarship offer before he played a down of football in high school — now you’re thinking, “so, most of the kids that we recruit already have offers”, but im talking about right before his senior year started — was attending DLS and basically decided he needed a scholarship so decided that he need to actually play and transferred to get some PT before having to lace it up in D1 because he wasn’t going to get any over the 4 non-D1 LBs DLS has at the time 

— same point, a recruiter is in the DLS weight room (20x20 cinderblock shell) and the coach is trying to push a couple of likely kids on him;  he’s ignoring the coach and keeps staring at a guy that never made the 2-deep but looked like Tarzan

happens all the time all over the place — both ways, but STA emblematic of a place that leans very hard one way and DLS the other 

how are you going to get your team UP for DLS (or maybe you don’t need to)  — it won’t be as if all those kids aren’t as familiar with the tale of the tape as we are 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Go mock a Marine for his Simper Fidelis 

I’d  pay to see that 

I understood the point.

Some institutions focus on what the individual can get for himself and endorse the pursuit of self-interested goals. You can go to a business school where they'll try to teach you how to make a lot of money for yourself and endorse the pursuit of individual wealth. Others have a different focus and endorse different values. In the Marines, I am told, they try to teach you that the welfare of the unit is more important than your own. 

Maybe DLS tries to teach different values than other programs. I don't know. 

• Like 2