How’s the stock market going? Haven’t had time to check this week...

NorCalRuss

18 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I said look it up in terms of teaching gay agenda in schools than I provided a link. Nj is now the 2nd state where teachers have to teach this shit. 

My bad. I thought we were talking about what Christians believe.

The link says that CA and NJ public schools are required to teach LGBTQ history and some of the contributions members of that community have made to our society. I don't see why that's a bad idea, since we teach the history of Native Americans and of black people and of the Chinese and so on. Why not include the history of gay people?

Do you have a non-religious based objection to that? 

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

My bad. I thought we were talking about what Christians believe.

The link says that CA and NJ public schools are required to teach LGBTQ history and some of the contributions members of that community have made to our society. I don't see why that's a bad idea, since we teach the history of Native Americans and of black people and of the Chinese and so on. Why not include the history of gay people?

Do you have a non-religious based objection to that? 

Morally absolutely. Everything you believe is ok is more than likely not going to be ok with me

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Morally absolutely. Everything you believe is ok is more than likely not going to be ok with me

Give the argument. Who cares what you happen to believe or what I happen to believe. We're not on a date and we're not trying to get to know each other. 

Give the argument. That's what counts. 

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Give the argument. Who cares what you happen to believe or what I happen to believe. We're not on a date and we're not trying to get to know each other. 

Give the argument. That's what counts. 

I just gave the argument. Morally I domt agree with it. I dont believe this way of living should be taught to minors. They are impressionable kids. I believe this is indoctrination. They are using schools to push their agendas of the leftist way of life. It's disgusting. If I ever had kids there would be no way in hell they would ever step foot in any public schools. 

Again this is a useless conversation. There is no reason to speak to people you will never agree with. 

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Look up this highly intelligent one:  Omar ibn Said

Here's a good one for you to look up....You (might want to) have something a little more contemporary LOL.

Read some stuff from Thomas Sowell...

You may already know him, as he is a Marine 👍...if you do, or if you check him out,

tell me what you think...

30 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

If you are God.  You know the Alpha and the Omega.  Show me a verse that Elaha States then show me the verse where Elaha not man changed his mind or command.  Start with Homosexuality and swine.  I'm still waiting.  You are juxtaposing reasoning to fit a narrative to bring acceptance.  If you show me I will say I'm wrong.  Show me one law in Leviticus that he changed or the 11th commandments or the modified 5.  

He is infallible and never changes his mind because he is all knowing all the time for all time. 

There are verses that man manipulates to fit.  Such as Yeshua saying its not what gies in that defiles but comes out.  Swine eater yep that makes it okay to eat it now.  Stupid he didn't say Elaha told me to tell you now eat Swine and other unclean animals.  Noah knew what was unclesn way before Moses. He said take 2 pairs of unclean animals and 7 pairs of clean animals.  He never changed that from the beginning and that predates Leviticus. Isn't it funny the people from the holy lands today are still non swine eaters but The Romans who brought Christianity to the  world and swine to Jerusalem are.  Hmmmmm.  And homosexuality is big in the Catholic church.  They Like swine and Homosexuality.  Double abominations 😆

What's the essential difference between St. Paul's writing that it's okay to eat swine and Moses's coming down from the mountain with some tablets? or between Matthew's reporting God's will and Mohammed's doing so?

In each case, you have to decide for yourself whether the text is a reliable guide to God's will. I, myself, don't see what is essentially wrong with eating swine or with keeping the tip of my cock intact. So I tend to think that God isn't too concerned about such things. 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I just gave the argument. Morally I domt agree with it. I dont believe this way of living should be taught to minors. They are impressionable kids. I believe this is indoctrination. They are using schools to push their agendas of the leftist way of life. It's disgusting. If I ever had kids there would be no way in hell they would ever step foot in any public schools. 

Again this is a useless conversation. There is no reason to speak to people you will never agree with. 

What's the moral argument that it's essentially wrong to be gay?

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

How is teaching that homosexuality is essentially wrong and that the Bible is a reliable guide to the truth not indoctrination of a different kind? 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm not going to keep having this conversation. Have a good day. Your not going to change my mind. You apparently think it's ok to be gay. 

You have to start before you can stop.

Repeating that homosexuality is an abomination and that you'll never change your mind isn't much a conversation.  

Just now, Belly Bob said:

You have to start before you can stop.

Repeating that homosexuality is an abomination and that you'll never change your mind isn't much a conversation.  

Have a good day. Please dont speak to me anymore. Time to put you on ignore just like the rest. 

16 minutes ago, Troll said:

Here's a good one for you to look up....You (might want to) have something a little more contemporary LOL.

Read some stuff from Thomas Sowell...

You may already know him, as he is a Marine 👍...if you do, or if you check him out,

tell me what you think..

My notes say that he's a black intellectual who writes from a conservative perspective. I hear white conservatives bring him up in conversations about why black people aren't doing as well as other groups in this country. 

Is there anything else I should add to my fact sheet?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Oh it’s easy not to have an allegiance.  I think the leadership of both parties is trash.  Why would I follow them?  they both lie, steal and cheat.  These are things I detest personally so I don’t admire those traits in politicians.  I’m actually surprised there are not more like DD and I.  What America accepts and holds in esteem is mind boggling. 

I like most of my local politicians, both parties, as they are more grassroots and more like the common joe.  Federal politicians?  forget about it ...

But that’s the thing your words belie that your criticism isn’t based on a nonpartisan view! Your only words that sound bipartisan is when you declare yourself “bipartisan!” 

This President has pissed off a lot of conservatives also. He is the most centric person you’re gonna get, yet you and DD bash him. It sure does appear that you lean further to the left than you put on...

26 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

But that’s the thing your words belie that your criticism isn’t based on a nonpartisan view! Your only words that sound bipartisan is when you declare yourself “bipartisan!” 

This President has pissed off a lot of conservatives also. He is the most centric person you’re gonna get, yet you and DD bash him. It sure does appear that you lean further to the left than you put on...

I gave him props for keeping the economy on track.  I’ve made money under him.  I stated that in this thread 

Do you read why I bash him? 

I’m a pro military guy, that means I stay pretty loyal and not bash.  He’s ridiculed POWs, those with PTSD, and yet he is the one who sat on the sidelines when his country called him too. 

I don’t agree with the approach to the border, I’m stated that many times. 

I also question his race relations, and that goes back to his discrimination law suits, and birtherism to name a few. 

I don’t believe he’s generating as much success as he’s claiming, he lies a lot!  

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I gave him props for keeping the economy on track.  I’ve made money under him.  I stated that in this thread 

Do you read why I bash him? 

I’m a pro military guy, that means I stay pretty loyal and not bash.  He’s ridiculed POWs, those with PTSD, and yet he is the one who sat on the sidelines when his country called him too. 

I don’t agree with the approach to the border, I’m stated that many times. 

I also question his race relations, and that goes back to his discrimination law suits, and birtherism to name a few. 

I don’t believe he’s generating as much success as he’s claiming, he lies a lot!  

This is why your words don’t match your sentiment. He has won more awards for being non discriminatory than he has been sued for being discriminatory...but you leave that part out. If you’re in business long enough, you’re going to get sued, for just about everything. Oh well...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

This is why your words don’t match your sentiment. He has won more awards for being non discriminatory than he has been sued for being discriminatory...but you leave that part out. If you’re in business long enough, you’re going to get sued, for just about everything. Oh well...

I don’t care about awards by themselves.  Please understand I don’t follow the yellow brick road that folks try to lay.   I review what I hear him say and how he acts.  

Don’t forget the other bs he has spewed that I listed, like birtherism but I’m not excited he took out ads for the death penalty with the Central Park 5 either and remained his position of their guilt even after they were exonerated. On that backdrop of the energy he exerted in ensuring they received “proper” sentencing the same with Jussie smollett, I have to question why he was quiet with the convicted rapist Brock turner and his light sentence? 

Claiming that a Mexican judge couldn’t be impartial in his university case bc of his race and perceived partiality to the border issue.

sticking his nose in the NFL business and calling select players mothers bitches.  

he over generalized Mexican immigrants when he labeled them as gang members, racists, etc.  all to stoke fear in his base.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Being that you live in California, what part of immigration is a scare tactic and what lies?

I don't live in Cali anymore.  I live up in Washington.  The scare tactic I was talking about is the rhetoric coming from Trump that MS-13 is pouring across the southern border and the fact is that mostly families are coming seeking asylum.  They are not sneaking across but coming to check points and seeking asylum.  The implication that a border wall will solve the obvious problem is just false.  Most illegals in this country came from airports and have over stayed their visa's.  As for the border, the solutions are what the people on the ground have said, that more judges, more technology and in some places more wall. 

As for more lies, Trump keeps saying that Dems want open borders and that is not the case, as you have mentioned the Dems have and do want border security and don't want anybody to just come here illegally.  In 2010 I believe the Senate passed a immigration bill that died in the house bc of the Tea Party folks (currently the freedom caucus) didn't want to compromise on anything.  Now when the house wants to do an immigration bill it dies in the Senate bc of McConnell.  And Trump changing his mind at the last minute doesn't go very far in having any confidence he will follow through with anything.  

I don’t need to post the videos from all major demoRats talking about how important border security is.... I’m sure you seen them all. Remember the standing ovations demoRats got when talking about border security? And they actually used words like illegal aliens...

Were they lying and using scare tactics also?

Trump is.

This is a huge issue that a lot try to sweep under the rug. Especially in California as illegals will be getting free health are now. Total bs.

Nobody is trying to sweep anything under the rug.  It IS a huge problem and it is draining valuable resources.  However, the law can't turn away somebody from the ER bc they are not citizens.  I suggest writing your congressmen about changing the laws.  It is a complicated issue on how to go about fixing the problem but IMO the way to go about it is to not demonize and throw out false statements about the other political party and expect that party to come to the table with the expectation that the misinformation will stop.  

There have been studies that say that illegal immigrants contribute money into our system through rent, buying a house, spending in their local community, etc.  As well as costing us in other ways.   But you are right in respect to illegals going to the ER and that is hurting some hospitals.  I'm not even going to get into the separating families tactic.  That policy has had zero deterrent in stopping these people from seeking asylum.  How fucked up must it be where they are from in order to risk your family being separated?   

Working legal Americans pay out hundreds to thousands dollars a month for health care , an illegal can sneak across the border and get free health care. Not only do those legal working Americans pay health care, they then have to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars in deductibles and medications. As DD posted the other day, majority of Americans have no saving for these expenses. 

Very true.  Most Americans live check to check and the economy and the market have had little impact on these people.  The Trillion dollar tax break for the super wealthy has had an impact though.  IMO.  The Republicans trying to take health care away from millions of legal Americans is also shortsighted imo.  They should be working on fixing what does not work well and keep what does.  It is too large of a % of economy that to not make it better is pretty fucked up.  They are trying to make it worse.  

89% of Border patrol agents tell us the “crisis” or emergency at the border is real according to poll of 600 agents. Where are the lies? An estimated 11-30 million illegals in this country, that’s a huge problem. 

The Border patrol agents are correct.  It is a crisis.  A humanitarian crisis.  Trump didn't mention a humanitarian crisis though, he brings up MS-13 and killers and rapist as who is coming across.  Completely different reality and that is what I am talking about.  If Congress and our President would act live grown ups and deal with the facts and listen to our border patrol and other experts, we would be a lot better off imo.

Add in the homeless, housing and disease outbreak crisis in California and we just don’t have the resources or money for it imo...

Undoubtedly true.  The homeless have been a very difficult problem to get control of for a very long time and I have zero ideas on what would help.  Disease outbreak?  You mean measles?  Forced immunization for those who go out in public i guess.  IDK.  

On 6/11/2019 at 2:46 PM, Horsefly said:

I believe each person should have the right n opportunity to define life for themselves and be allowed to achieve that happiness. As such, laws should be less restrictive as possible. 

Personally though I’m a fiscal conservative . 

I don’t care for trump all that much.  IMO he mocks the military with the degrading of MCain, cheap talk about POWs, etc.  that stuff actually pisses me off.  Especially considering he excused his way out of Nam. 

Couldn't agree more.  Appreciate the response.  

43 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Here’s the facts on that naacp award many on the right jump up and down about.  A reason why I ignore his claim of being a friend to blacks.  https://www.apnews.com/afs:Content:2601590439

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

What's the essential difference between St. Paul's writing that it's okay to eat swine and Moses's coming down from the mountain with some tablets? or between Matthew's reporting God's will and Mohammed's doing so?

In each case, you have to decide for yourself whether the text is a reliable guide to God's will. I, myself, don't see what is essentially wrong with eating swine or with keeping the tip of my cock intact. So I tend to think that God isn't too concerned about such things. 

St Paul was a convert.  Show me where St. Paul quoted God ann discreetly said Pork is not an abomination.  St. Paul was not a Propet.  Every Prophet spoke the same.  But midern Christians follow the sayings of Paul over Christ.  Show me where God saud something and changed his mind.  You are comparing Paul to Musa.  

I will assure You no one sees that in equality. 

Romans 14.  Did not abolish The laws.  

How funny a book of Romans. Challenge me to go deeper on this.  

We can disagree i believe God's word is bond.  He decrees and it is.  Do you feel the same about the 10 commandments

And this is from Christians.  Why do some Christians eat it and others don't.  7th day Adventist for instance.  Jews and Muslims are not confused.  If Paul made it acceptable why are Christians confused?

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/the-new-covenant-does-it-abolish-gods-law/does-romans-14-abolish-laws-on-unclean-meats

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Brotha Paul was talking about this.  Show me a verse that says eat Pork.  That's simple. I can show you those that say don't.  He didn't say it once and change his mind. 

Many Bible resources agree that Paul wrote the book of 1 Corinthians around A.D. 55 and that he wrote his epistle to the Romans fromCorinth in 56 or 57. The food controversy in Corinth (reflected in chapters 8 and 10) was over meat sacrificed to idols.

Since Paul was writing to the Romans from Corinth, where this had been a significant issue, the subject was fresh on Paul’s mind and is the logical, biblically supported basis for his comments in Romans 14.

Understanding Paul’s intent

Those who assume the subject of Romans 14 is a retraction of God’s law regarding clean and unclean animals must force this interpretation into the text because it has no biblical foundation. The chapter itself shows that the discussion concerned meat sacrificed to idols