How’s the stock market going? Haven’t had time to check this week...

NorCalRuss

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

What's the essential difference between St. Paul's writing that it's okay to eat swine and Moses's coming down from the mountain with some tablets? or between Matthew's reporting God's will and Mohammed's doing so?

In each case, you have to decide for yourself whether the text is a reliable guide to God's will. I, myself, don't see what is essentially wrong with eating swine or with keeping the tip of my cock intact. So I tend to think that God isn't too concerned about such things. 

A clean animal can be eaten raw.  I will challenge you like i did a Christian Friend.  I will eat a 1/4 pound raw goat and you do the same with swine.  Let's see if its clean.  You have to put heat to swine for consumption.  Since all meat is clean per Paul.  Every animal in Leviticus that Elaha says not to eat is dangerous raw.  Let's do this for 4 days my clean meat vs. Your unclean. Since you believe a misinterpretation of Paul over God.  Leviticus forbids animals 4 footed that walk on Paws.  Funny eating their asses raw will jack you up too.  Explain. I challenge you to a clean vs unclean meal.  Guess who's number one the live dog eating Swine.  😆 for the record that Christian really didn't believe the lie about Paul and no longer eats swine.  You eat some raw shell fish and i will eat raw Salmon.  1 forbidden the other isnt In Leviticus too.  Let me know when you put your faith in Paul.  I'm ready when You are.  

https://health.howstuffworks.com/food-nutrition/10-foods-you-should-never-eat-raw10.htm

49 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t care about awards by themselves.  Please understand I don’t follow the yellow brick road that folks try to lay.   I review what I hear him say and how he acts.  

Don’t forget the other bs he has spewed that I listed, like birtherism but I’m not excited he took out ads for the death penalty with the Central Park 5 either and remained his position of their guilt even after they were exonerated. On that backdrop of the energy he exerted in ensuring they received “proper” sentencing the same with Jussie smollett, I have to question why he was quiet with the convicted rapist Brock turner and his light sentence? 

Claiming that a Mexican judge couldn’t be impartial in his university case bc of his race and perceived partiality to the border issue.

sticking his nose in the NFL business and calling select players mothers bitches.  

he over generalized Mexican immigrants when he labeled them as gang members, racists, etc.  all to stoke fear in his base.  

This is all yellow brick road stuff with the leftists. All your bs is right out of their playbook! I could give two shits about your true political leanings, just own it! If it walks like a democrat and talks like a democrat it’s a freaking liberal!

23 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

This is all yellow brick road stuff with the leftists. All your bs is right out of their playbook! I could give two shits about your true political leanings, just own it! If it walks like a democrat and talks like a democrat it’s a freaking liberal!

Just stop.  Your only ammunition is to throw the leftist playbook out there. All of those comments i mentioned are out there to review and one can and determine on their own.  You’ve offered nothing to the comments I listed, but I’m sure you have a right leaning explanation for them. You are free to counter. 

You don’t even ask the right questions in determining liberals and conservatives.  I’ve listed in this thread on my beliefs.  My fiscal conservatism and thoughts on gov (small) are well known 

You’ve taken the very simplistic and lazy position that b/c I oppose trump I’m liberal.  😂 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Just stop.  Your only ammunition is to throw the leftist playbook out there. All of those comments i mentioned are out there to review and one can and determine on their own.  You’ve offered nothing to the comments I listed, but I’m sure you have a right leaning explanation for them. You are free to counter. 

You don’t even ask the right questions in determining liberals and conservatives.  I’ve listed in this thread on my beliefs.  My fiscal conservatism and thoughts on gov (small) are well known 

You’ve taken the very simplistic and lazy position that b/c I oppose trump I’m liberal.  😂 

I am both of those things, but everything you fall back on is rhetoric we’ve all heard before! At least 66 and nut aren’t hiding. 😆

2 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

But that’s the thing your words belie that your criticism isn’t based on a nonpartisan view! Your only words that sound bipartisan is when you declare yourself “bipartisan!” 

This President has pissed off a lot of conservatives also. He is the most centric person you’re gonna get, yet you and DD bash him. It sure does appear that you lean further to the left than you put on...

If a lot of conservatives don't like the President, then why would you infer that someone must be a liberal if he doesn't like the President?

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

A clean animal can be eaten raw.  I will challenge you like i did a Christian Friend.  [...]

The issue for me isn't whether an animal can be eaten raw but whether God doesn't want me to eat certain animals. So this challenge wouldn't prove anything that is at issue for me. 

8 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I am both of those things, but everything you fall back on is rhetoric we’ve all heard before! At least 66 and nut aren’t hiding. 😆

If you heard it before could it be b/c it’s true??  😂 

again, where does fiscal conservatism and limited gov fit on the liberal spectrum?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Brotha Paul was talking about this.  Show me a verse that says eat Pork.  That's simple. I can show you those that say don't.  He didn't say it once and change his mind. 

[...]

I don't know whether there is a verse in the Bible that says "God says eat pork." 

But there is Genesis 9:3: "Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you."

There is also 1 Timothy 4, where Paul warns against those who tell you to abstain from eating certain foods. 

And there is Acts 10, where Peter has a dream in which he tells God that he does not eat unclean animals and God responds that he has cleansed the animals.  

More importantly for me, Jesus said that the law was made for man, not man for the law. 

More importantly still, Jesus said that the law is to love God and your neighbor.

20 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

The issue for me isn't whether an animal can be eaten raw but whether God doesn't want me to eat certain animals. So this challenge would prove anything that is at issue for me. 

Yes it will.  Then show me the vesre that says eat Swine. Still waiting

9 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't know whether there is a verse in the Bible that says "God says eat pork." 

But there is Genesis 9:3: "Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you."

There is also 1 Timothy 4, where Paul warns against those who tell you to abstain from eating certain foods. 

And there is Acts 10, where Peter has a dream in which he tells God that he does not eat unclean animals and God responds that he has cleansed the animals.  

More importantly for me, Jesus said that the law was made for man, not man for the law. 

More importantly still, Jesus said that the law is to love God and your neighbor.

Peter didnt consume one bite in that vision and it was about Jews and Gentiles.  Swine is only eaten by Japhethites. Europeans and Asians. Shemites and Hamites don't unless conquered by Europeans. Even the native Americans never ate it till invaded. Europeans love swine and milk devasting things for melanated consumers. I csn show verses that say dont est swine and all I've got are visions and misinterpretation of Paul. Just one verse thst says eat Swine.  Thats a simple request.  Not well what about this.  

The Torah, Bible and Quran forbids not one verse says now eat Swine.  Why no mention of anyine eating it.  Show me that instead.  

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Peter didnt consume one bite in that vision and it was about Jews and Gentiles.  Swine is only eaten by Japhethites. Europeans and Asians. Shemites and Hamites don't unless conwured by Europeans. Even the native Americans never ate it till invaded

I don't know what point you're trying to make.

My point is that I don't think God has commanded me not to eat pig. I understand there is a passage or two in the Old Testament where it says not to eat certain animals. But I don't think that that's sufficient evidence.

I'm not trying to convince you to eat pig. I think there are a lot of good reasons not to eat it. If you think God has commanded you not to eat pig, that's your business. I respect it. 

• Like 1

My point is that I don't think God has commanded me not to eat pig. I understand there is a passage or two in the Old Testament where it says not to eat certain animals. But I don't that that's sufficient evidence.

I'm not trying to convince you to eat pig. I think there are a lot of good reasons not to eat it. If you think God has commanded you not to eat pig, that's your business. I respect it. 

Dont eat it or touch its flesh.  How hard is that to comprehend.  I don't care who eats it I educate those in my orbit.  Its a European delicacy and Asians love it. The people who no prophet came from so why would they obey.  You cant convince a European that swine is forbidden.  He loves that beast.  They even Cure it a term meaning to make well.  Because it spoils fast.  Study Dr. Kellogg of the Cereal fame and his breakdown on the Pig and affects of its consumption.  That beast will even give you the damn Flu.

9 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

By you declaring you’re neither party, you want people to believe you’re a centralist when in fact you tote the company line...

I’ve already posted what my beliefs are. Are you too vapid to ask questions on my beliefs?  The litmus test is not based on the likability of Donald.  

My point is that I don't think God has commanded me not to eat pig. I understand there is a passage or two in the Old Testament where it says not to eat certain animals. But I don't think that that's sufficient evidence.

Respect for you too sir.  Always a pleasure.  Peace be unto You.  You have never been disrespectul with me in any discussion and hopefully nor have I toward you.  

• Like 2

On 6/12/2019 at 11:04 PM, DevilDog said:

Respect for you too sir.  Always a pleasure.  Peace be unto You.  You have never been disrespectul with me in any discussion and hopefully nor have I toward you.  

Same to you. 

Even though we often disagree, I usually learn something new, which I do appreciate. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2019 at 3:51 PM, Belly Bob said:

My notes say that he's a black intellectual who writes from a conservative perspective. I hear white conservatives bring him up in conversations about why black people aren't doing as well as other groups in this country. 

Is there anything else I should add to my fact sheet?

Quite a bit....

Thomas Sowell is High School dropout, from Harlem....who started out as a Marxist lol...

I don't think it's what he says specifically now,  that is so impressive, or backing any point that I did not make.

I find the 'progression of thought', over decades, in an intelligent man, to be more interesting...

maybe you should just stick with his early stuff, if you have a conservative aversion.

2 hours ago, Troll said:

Quite a bit....

Thomas Sowell is High School dropout, from Harlem....who started out as a Marxist lol...

I don't think it's what he says specifically now,  that is so impressive, or backing any point that I did not make.

I find the 'progression of thought', over decades, in an intelligent man, to be more interesting...

maybe you should just stick with his early stuff, if you have a conservative aversion.

I am a conservative. I just haven't read any of his stuff. I've read his wikipedia page because I've heard his name come up in the past. He certainly has an impressive resume. I wasn't sure if there was anything in particular you wanted to share about his ideas.

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I am a conservative. I just haven't read any of his stuff. I've read his wikipedia page because I've heard his name come up in the past. He certainly has an impressive resume. I wasn't sure if there was anything in particular you wanted to share about his ideas.

Was a recommendation for DD more so.  He describes his position as  a Fiscally Conservative and Socially Liberal, independent thinker.

As I describe myself the same way, and believe it true (as we view things similarly in many ways) I was more curious about what he thought of some positions where we have not reached total agreement...

Sowell like anyone else has things I agree and disagree with...but if you were tossing out recommendations, I thought it a good one...

Take your pick (or subject interest) on the books (had no specific point in mind)....but you could also check out interviews and such much easier, as he's got a bunch of shorter (old and new) videos on places like YouTube.

PS> so as not to be a 'cop out' here's a link to a quick take on climate science...for example...

• Thanks 1